Turn on thread page Beta

why do the jewish members of the forum call me anti-semetic and hate me so much? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The reason people will perceive you as antisemitic is not because of your criticism against israel. It is because you react so fundamentally differently towards Israeli deaths and that of palestinians. If you continiously defend and try to justify acts of terror carried out by palestinian terrorists ( Saying you do not try to justify them does not make it so. Constantly putting all the blaim on Israel is in effect the same thing) then this will be perceived as antisemitic. When palestinians die , you ( and many others ) will focus on how horrible it is and how this is unacceptable and the Israeli government should be punished ( or something along those lines ), but when Israelis ( out of which a majority are jews ) die, you try to explain it, downplaying the malicious intent of the killers,focusing on how desperate they must have been to carry out such an act, and try to explain how this is in fact the Israelis own fault.

It is this fundamentally different reaction that causes people to perceive you the way they do. You are far more undertsanding and tolerant when Israeli Jews are killed than when Palestinians die, and this cannot be perceived as anything but antisemitism by someone who have strong sympathy with Jews and Israel. Simply saying that you do not have a problem with Jews does not make you less of an antisemit if you hardly react when they are brutally murdered, while becomming outrageous when palestinian civilians die as a result of crossfire between militants and military.

It is not as much your reaction against the Israeli government and armed forces, as your complete lack of similar reaction against atrocities from the palestinian side, that causes people to perceive you as antisemitic. At the very best, your arguments that you do not value jewish lives any less than arab ones must be taken to imply that it is merely Israeli lives you find less valuable than palestinian ones , which frankly is not much better. You fail to realise that simply saying "I am not a racist" simply does not hold crediability if you continiously express opinions which almost directly imply that you hold the deaths of Israelis as less serious an issue than the deaths of Palestinians.

In fact, I think i will make a thread about this...

ReputationRep:
    Bush isn't fighting a war against Islam or Terrorism or for freedom, he is fighting and protecting American interests namely oil and positioning troops arround major natural resources not to steal them but to hold an American sphere of influence over the worlds resources. If it was terrorists he was after they would have apprehended Bin Laden long ago, analysts seem to figure he is hiding on Pakistan's border anyway. If it was a war against Islam then he would whip the people of America into a frenzied hatred of Muslim's straight after 9/11 and clap down on Muslim interests in the U.S. Democracy isn't a motivation because Saudi Arabia is undemocratic, WMT's can't be a motivating factor America turned a blind in the Iran/Iraq war in the use of chemical Weapons under Bush Snr. Bush is an oil man, he is positioning the country to have influence/control on dwindling world resources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userunknown)
    Bush isn't fighting a war against Islam or Terrorism or for freedom, he is fighting and protecting American interests namely oil and positioning troops arround major natural resources not to steal them but to hold an American sphere of influence over the worlds resources. If it was terrorists he was after they would have apprehended Bin Laden long ago, analysts seem to figure he is hiding on Pakistan's border anyway. If it was a war against Islam then he would whip the people of America into a frenzied hatred of Muslim's straight after 9/11 and clap down on Muslim interests in the U.S. Democracy isn't a motivation because Saudi Arabia is undemocratic, WMT's can't be a motivating factor America turned a blind in the Iran/Iraq war in the use of chemical Weapons under Bush Snr. Bush is an oil man, he is positioning the country to have influence/control on dwindling world resources.
    It must be nice to have such insights! Can you provide any evidence that supports that theory? You actually believe Bush isn't looking for Bin Laden? You don't think Bush is looking for the man who claims responsibility for the 9/11 attacks? Does that make any sense at all? The Pakistani boarder is actually rather large believe it or not :rolleyes: And you are making assumptions about Bush's motives based on the actions (or lack there off) of his father?

ReputationRep:
    I am saying if Bush put the same amount of resources into finding Bin Laden as invading Iraq they would have found him by now. He orchastrated a war in Iraq under the pretence of international terrorism when there has never been a link between Sadamn Husain and Al Qaeda. Why invade Iraq? The core group of 9/11 terrorists were Saudi's
    You have to draw the link between the Government of Bush Snr and Bush Jnr because alot of the people who worked arround and for Bush Snr now work for Bush Jnr. Without apologising for their previous conduct, but are quite happy now to demonise the people they worked with for a political interest.
    I do appreciate you giving me credit for this so called insight, but it is the point of view proposed by a fair few people under Noam Chomsky's disent and quite honestly if you rationalise all the reasons for the Iraq war none of them make any logical sense apart from oil.

ReputationRep:
    I am saying if Bush put the same amount of resources into finding Bin Laden as invading Iraq they would have found him by now.
    How? By invading and occupying Pakistan? Tell me how that money would be spent to capture bin Laden.

The core group of 9/11 terrorists were Saudi's
    The core group of the Oklahoma bombers were American. I guess we should bomb ourselves then, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    How? By invading and occupying Pakistan? Tell me how that money would be spent to capture bin Laden.
    Invading??? by providing support for.

The core group of the Oklahoma bombers were American. I guess we should bomb ourselves then, right?
    No I havn't said bomb anyone or invade anyone I am saying there is more connections to Saudi Arabia than there ever was to Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    No I havn't said bomb anyone or invade anyone I am saying there is more connections to Saudi Arabia than there ever was to Iraq.
    Ok I'll have to agree with userunknown that 9/11 was moreso linked to Saudi Arabia than Iraq. But overall, linked to Al-Qaeda, which was originally Saudi-funded and USA funded (by the CIA ironically in the early 80's) and were originally Arab fighters who flocked to join the mujahideen resistance movement against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    I am saying if Bush put the same amount of resources into finding Bin Laden as invading Iraq they would have found him by now. He orchastrated a war in Iraq under the pretence of international terrorism when there has never been a link between Sadamn Husain and Al Qaeda. Why invade Iraq? The core group of 9/11 terrorists were Saudi's
    You have to draw the link between the Government of Bush Snr and Bush Jnr because alot of the people who worked arround and for Bush Snr now work for Bush Jnr. Without apologising for their previous conduct, but are quite happy now to demonise the people they worked with for a political interest.
    I do appreciate you giving me credit for this so called insight, but it is the point of view proposed by a fair few people under Noam Chomsky's disent and quite honestly if you rationalise all the reasons for the Iraq war none of them make any logical sense apart from oil.
    It's rather hard to find one man when you aren't even sure what country he is in. He was very nearly captured in Tora Bora, but he slipped away. Al-Quida has caves, tunnels and underground bunkers all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    It's rather hard to find one man when you aren't even sure what country he is in. He was very nearly captured in Tora Bora, but he slipped away. Al-Quida has caves, tunnels and underground bunkers all over the place.
    it serves americans interests better to keep bin laden alive !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    Ok I'll have to agree with userunknown that 9/11 was moreso linked to Saudi Arabia than Iraq. But overall, linked to Al-Qaeda, which was originally Saudi-funded and USA funded (by the CIA ironically in the early 80's) and were originally Arab fighters who flocked to join the mujahideen resistance movement against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.
    Al-Qaeda didn't exist until the late '80s. You might want to get your facts straight. America indirectly funded the Taliban, not al-Qaeda.

ReputationRep:
    Al-Qaeda didn't exist until the late '80s. You might want to get your facts straight. America indirectly funded the Taliban, not al-Qaeda.
    Clip:
    His wealth and connections permitted him to pursue his interest in supporting the mujahideen, Muslim guerrillas fighting the Soviet Union in Afghanistan following the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979. By 1984 he had established an organization named Maktab al-Khadamat (MAK) (Office of Order in English), which funneled money, arms and Muslim fighters from around the world into the Afghan war.

The accounts of some journalists and investigators, however, do suggest that CIA money and weapons reached the Afghan Arabs and bin Laden indirectly through the ISI. According to Ahmed Rashid, Central Intelligence Agency Chief William Casey in 1986 "committed CIA support to a long-standing ISI initiative to recruit radical Muslims from around the world to come to Pakistan and fight with the Afghan Mujaheddin.

In clarification, Al-Qaeda has its origins from MAK (established in 1984) which was funded by the CIA. Al-Qaeda originated from MAK in 1988.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for proving my point that the CIA didn't fund al-Qaeda. If I give money to my neighbor today and he murders someone in 3 years, does that mean I gave money to a murderer?

ReputationRep:
    If I give money to my neighbor today and he murders someone in 3 years, does that mean I gave money to a murderer?
    If your friend was a part-time pizza hut employee when you last seen him three years ago but at present he's a doctor, does that mean that your friend is a pizza hut employee?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for proving my point that the CIA didn't fund al-Qaeda. If I give money to my neighbor today and he murders someone in 3 years, does that mean I gave money to a murderer?
    Well technically yes. Because he is now a murderer and thus at some point in time you gave him money, but he is simply labeled a murderer now.

I mean, you didn't give money to a "pre-murderer."

ReputationRep:
    If you give someone money, arms, logistical support, training methods for covert operations, how too recruit, setup training camps, Then yes you are directly linked and hold a level of responsibility for their future actions and in any civilised society your actions should be allowed to come under scrutiny, strict guidelines should be enforced as to who you are giving this kind of training, information, weaponary, finance too.
    I seem to remember a case in the U.S where a publisher published a book which was basically a how to on assinating someone and getting away with it. When a murder did happen and this book was found in the defendants possession, with exact parallels to the murder in every detail, the publisher was sued and the victim's family was awarded a large amount of compensation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bashment)
    it serves americans interests better to keep bin laden alive !!
    Yes, who doesn't want more terrorist attacks?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    No it's not, being anti-Israel doesn't make you anti-semitic.
    On another note I get called anti-semitic for just being muslim, and not even by Jewish people on the most part. I think that people need to stop being so quick to label people rascist for no reason.
    So you dont agree with parts of the Koran that call for the death of all Jews? Or is this merely a misinterpretation on my part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    There is NOTHING anti-semitic about his signature
    There is something anti-semitic about labelling Jewish settlers as a 'cancer', claiming the security fence is a Jewish-built apartheid wall and that Jews are dishonest. As far as I remember, yourself and bashment both reject Israel's right to exist, reject a Jewish homeland and advocate the destruction of it. Since bashment also believes that Israel is a country 'for the Jews', it would be appropriate to believe that his attitudes towards Israel are based on the fact that it is Jewish and not Arab.

ReputationRep:
    If religion didn't exist, another excuse would be found to hate each other (ethnicity perhaps).
    Thats the mankind for ya, they'll find trouble just for the sake of finding trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    There are also plenty of Americans who are anti-American. What's hard to understand?
    The logic of it all. In logical terms it doesn't make sense,

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.