Turn on thread page Beta

why do the jewish members of the forum call me anti-semetic and hate me so much? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    So you dont agree with parts of the Koran that call for the death of all Jews? Or is this merely a misinterpretation on my part?
    You just like picking the pieces what suits you best. You've done it on TSR many a time, the recent one was a debate with Jamie about I think the Brazilian guy who got shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    The reason people will perceive you as antisemitic is not because of your criticism against israel. It is because you react so fundamentally differently towards Israeli deaths and that of palestinians. If you continiously defend and try to justify acts of terror carried out by palestinian terrorists ( Saying you do not try to justify them does not make it so. Constantly putting all the blaim on Israel is in effect the same thing) then this will be perceived as antisemitic. When palestinians die , you ( and many others ) will focus on how horrible it is and how this is unacceptable and the Israeli government should be punished ( or something along those lines ), but when Israelis ( out of which a majority are jews ) die, you try to explain it, downplaying the malicious intent of the killers,focusing on how desperate they must have been to carry out such an act, and try to explain how this is in fact the Israelis own fault.

It is this fundamentally different reaction that causes people to perceive you the way they do. You are far more undertsanding and tolerant when Israeli Jews are killed than when Palestinians die, and this cannot be perceived as anything but antisemitism by someone who have strong sympathy with Jews and Israel. Simply saying that you do not have a problem with Jews does not make you less of an antisemit if you hardly react when they are brutally murdered, while becomming outrageous when palestinian civilians die as a result of crossfire between militants and military.

It is not as much your reaction against the Israeli government and armed forces, as your complete lack of similar reaction against atrocities from the palestinian side, that causes people to perceive you as antisemitic. At the very best, your arguments that you do not value jewish lives any less than arab ones must be taken to imply that it is merely Israeli lives you find less valuable than palestinian ones , which frankly is not much better. You fail to realise that simply saying "I am not a racist" simply does not hold crediability if you continiously express opinions which almost directly imply that you hold the deaths of Israelis as less serious an issue than the deaths of Palestinians.

In fact, I think i will make a thread about this...
    What about the other way then, where people solely concentrate on Palistinian terrorist attacks on innocent Israeli people, but then go all quiet on the fact that there are Israeli attacks on innocent Palistinian people as recent as yesterday just to avoid being shown in a bad-light, even if its not one the same quantity scale, that can be perceived as some what anti-Arab (as Palistinians are Arabs or at least the majority are).

(Original post by Vienna)
    There is something anti-semitic about labelling Jewish settlers as a 'cancer', claiming the security fence is a Jewish-built apartheid wall and that Jews are dishonest. As far as I remember, yourself and bashment both reject Israel's right to exist, reject a Jewish homeland and advocate the destruction of it. Since bashment also believes that Israel is a country 'for the Jews', it would be appropriate to believe that his attitudes towards Israel are based on the fact that it is Jewish and not Arab.
    "claiming the security fence is a Jewish-built apartheid wall "
    The security fence is quite apartheid-esque. (reminds me of some 1940 german policies too...) And as the support for it is practically non-existent in israeli arabs, you can be forgiven for calling it jewish built.

(Original post by Bismarck)
    Is the intent of the fence to separate Jews from Arabs. If so, why are Israeli Arabs are allowed to remain on the "right" side of the fence?
    No, the fence is designed to fence in the palestinians of the gaza strip. THe use off the word apartheid is simply to attach emotional value tot he seperation of two groups of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    No, the fence is designed to fence in the palestinians of the gaza strip. THe use off the word apartheid is simply to attach emotional value tot he seperation of two groups of people.
    The intent of apartheid is to separate groups due to race/ethnicity, not due to security concerns. The Israeli security fence is no more an example of apartheid than the EU's borders with non-EU members, the wall between Saudi Arabia and Yemen, or the demilitarization zone between the two Koreas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    "claiming the security fence is a Jewish-built apartheid wall "
    The security fence is quite apartheid-esque. (reminds me of some 1940 german policies too...) And as the support for it is practically non-existent in israeli arabs, you can be forgiven for calling it jewish built.
    This is quite the "misconception"(to put it mildly), as Bismarck has thankfully corrected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    You just like picking the pieces what suits you best.
    The bits that I take issue with, yes.

ReputationRep:
    viper dont worry bro this is the same woman that says its ok to ignore the international court of justice !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    What about the other way then, where people solely concentrate on Palistinian terrorist attacks on innocent Israeli people, but then go all quiet on the fact that there are Israeli attacks on innocent Palistinian people as recent as yesterday just to avoid being shown in a bad-light, even if its not one the same quantity scale, that can be perceived as some what anti-Arab (as Palistinians are Arabs or at least the majority are). People like Vienna are classic examples, who just try to hide their true intentions by way of technical jargon and stating a bit law here and there when suited, and ignoring a bit of law here and there when suited.

By the way i'm just mentioning Vienna as an example and not to say thats what I truly believe of her (before she gets stroppy and tells me to show her proof of places where she's been like what I've described above)
    What about deranged serial killers? Viper is a classic example who just try to hide their true intentions. Im just mentioning Viper as an example and not to say thats what I truly believe of him (before he gets stroppy and tells me to show him proof of places where he's been like what I've described above).

"People like Vienna are classic examples", if you cant substantiate it dont make the accusation. If you're not willing to put in the time, dont do the crime.

ReputationRep:
    Bashment and Viper, you are both clearly prats. At a time when the civil war in Israel and Israeli-occupied territory is at its climax, idiots like you Bashment, have that silly **** in your signature. Why the **** dont you think about how it might be a sensitive issue not just to isrealis ( 5/6th of isrealis are jewish) but jews worldwide.

And Bashment you are right, being a muslim supporting the Palestinians DOES mean that you will get labelled negatively. Because you are supporting evil. The arabs have the whole middle east- Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, (shall i go on!) but you are continually trying to weaken israels position. You might not know this but the whole of south lebanon, gaza, isreal, the west bank, jerusalem and jordan belonged to the jews before the romans came and chucked us out. The arabs were a lot later on the scene, so when they say they have religious right to Jerusalem and the West bank, they are speaking utter ****. Whats more, on the holiest Jewish site in the world, the site of the old temple and the still standing wailing wall, you arabs have built a mosque on the site and have threatened violence should anything happen to that mosque.

(Original post by sl123451)
    The arabs were a lot later on the scene, so when they say they have religious right to Jerusalem and the West bank, they are speaking utter ****. Whats more, on the holiest Jewish site in the world, the site of the old temple and the still standing wailing wall, you arabs have built a mosque on the site and have threatened violence should anything happen to that mosque.
    "u arabs have built a mosque on the site and have threatened violence should anything happen to that mosque"
    Lets be honest, when you say 'you arabs' you refer to a group of people who populated the region in the early 8th century (isn't that when the Al-aqsa temple was built - and isn't it also true that its was built on the RUINS of an old temple that had been destroyed by the babylonians hundreds of years before). I mean the mosque has been destroyed and rebuilt, changed etc many times since (think the one there now is 14th century) but really if anything that weakens any exclusive Jewish claim to the site.(most jews don't think this, but there is a group that seeks to destroy themuslim buildings and rebuild the 1st/2nd temple) After all the temples of the jews were there for aout the same time that the mosques have been.

Personally i think the whole of jerusalem should be removed from israeli AND palestinian hands and become and independent city state like the vatican. THe place is of such massive importance to 3 of the major world religions that i think it transcends petty territorial squabbles.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at bashment's link in his signature, you people have your thumb in nearly every pie. I know when i went to BUPA hospital in little aston, palestine now know as israel makes MRI machines and other highly advanced medical equipment, a filthy thought. Also, alot of military hardware comes from there but i do prefer that made in germany; those good people :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    The Vatican has a population of less than 1,000, made up almost entirely of priests. Jerusalem has a population of over 700,000, made up almost entirely of normal workers.

The Vatican has a population of less than 1,000, made up almost entirely of priests. Jerusalem has a population of over 700,000, made up almost entirely of normal workers.
    true, but still...
    perhaps make a certain area of it independent then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    "u arabs have built a mosque on the site and have threatened violence should anything happen to that mosque"
    Lets be honest, when you say 'you arabs' you refer to a group of people who populated the region in the early 8th century (isn't that when the Al-aqsa temple was built - and isn't it also true that its was built on the RUINS of an old temple that had been destroyed by the babylonians hundreds of years before). I mean the mosque has been destroyed and rebuilt, changed etc many times since (think the one there now is 14th century) but really if anything that weakens any exclusive Jewish claim to the site.(most jews don't think this, but there is a group that seeks to destroy themuslim buildings and rebuild the 1st/2nd temple) After all the temples of the jews were there for aout the same time that the mosques have been.

Personally i think the whole of jerusalem should be removed from israeli AND palestinian hands and become and independent city state like the vatican. THe place is of such massive importance to 3 of the major world religions that i think it transcends petty territorial squabbles.
    I have to sort of agree with you, was it not prophet Muhammed (pbuh) said the quibla was gonna be towards Jerusalem but had to change it to Mecca for a reason, i cant remember what, sorry.

Also, the dome of the rock, thats where judgement day will occur, see all there :rolleyes: .

It is holy to all 3 majour middle-eastern religions. Why don't we just detonate a fission bomb there, that will leave it desolate for thousands of years to comoe so no problems . Well the mosque is "moved" to a safe location.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    true, but still...
    perhaps make a certain area of it independent then?
    Even bringing up this topic is a good way of earning life-long enmity from sides. Besides, would you be willing to give up London to please the IRA (if that's what they asked for)?

ReputationRep:
    Even bringing up this topic is a good way of earning life-long enmity from sides. Besides, would you be willing to give up London to please the IRA (if that's what they asked for)?
    :eek: :eek: That is different, you mean giving up northen ireland???!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayed_samed)
    :eek: :eek: That is different, you mean giving up northen ireland???!!
    No, I mean giving up London. Jerusalem contains more than 10% of Israel's population. The only city that contains 10% of Britain's population is London.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to sound a bit newbie on this issue, i didn't do an alevel in politics or history, a science man but both arabs and jews are fighting for that one city which they have entitlements to. Wasn't the IRA fighting to take Northern Island back?? Thats why they did there terroist actions, supported by the usa. Please enlighten me on this issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayed_samed)
    Sorry to sound a bit newbie on this issue, i didn't do an alevel in politics or history, a science man but both arabs and jews are fighting for that one city which they have entitlements to. Wasn't the IRA fighting to take Northern Island back?? Thats why they did there terroist actions, supported by the usa. Please enlighten me on this issue.
    I know the IRA wanted North Ireland, but North Ireland has about 2% of Britain's population, so it would hardly be fair to compare Britain losing North Ireland and Israel losing Jerusalem (which contains 12% of Israel's population).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.