Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    that is what i thought i was going to get lol. I never really knew what to expect, so it came as a bit of a shock to me

plus she took blimmin' ages trying to find a vien, which didn't help, that made me a bit queezy in itself lol.
    oh my i would freak out if that was to happen to me (im really scared on the mere sight of a needle in front of me)

ReputationRep:
    has anyone hear had a blood test? If so how much blood did they take for analysis?

when i had a blood test on monday, i thought that it would only be a very small amount, but the nurse took quite a bit! - about three tubes fulls :eek:

The thing is that i'm still feeling a little bit faint and queezy and my arm still hurts where she took the blood from is this normal?

mmm I have one every year!!! They usually take me between 3 and 6 depending on what you want to be checked on...

mmm it's not normal that the arm hurts... that happens when you get vaccinated but not when you are take blood... take a glass of water with sugar! that'd help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    mmm I have one every year!!! They usually take me

mmm it's not normal that the arm hurts... that happens when you get vaccinated but not when you are take blood... take a glass of water with sugar! that'd help!
    It is possible that the arm hurts, just like a normal bruise may hurt for few days. Don't get spooked.

ReputationRep:
    ha ha when i had one done i was nervous and she said oooh were taking a lot of blood today which didnt make me feel to good. She then took out the test tube rack!!! i lost count of the number of big test tubes because i fainted half way through

ReputationRep:
    Actually it does not matter how much you take, because once you're in the vein it does not hurt anymore. It is the prick that hurts and maybe "the search" for the vein if you happen to meet someone who is a bit inexperienced, but after that - no pain.
    By the way (not wanting to upset anyone!!) I've found men to be more sensitive (or whimpy??) than women, especially butchers who regularly faint.
    Anyone had any similar experiences? Actually I think I'll go and start a thread.

ReputationRep:
    I had 3 the other day I've had 4 before now it depends on what they are testing you for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leisure17)
    Actually it does not matter how much you take, because once you're in the vein it does not hurt anymore.
    are you having a laugh? the needle was the easy bit! i found that a breeze.

ReputationRep:
    my god, i'd hate to think hoe much they take when people give blood :eek:
    I have given blood and it really is not that bad. Didn't hurt, felt a bit funny but not particularily uncomfortable. I didn't even feel dissy afterwads ( And my weight/height ratio suggests I should have ). Its really not a big deal unless you go do something stupid ( such as sports or intense labour) the same afternoon. Just get a lot to drink ( no caffeine or alcohol, that dehydrates you) , eat food containing iron (such as red meat, and certain vegetables. Peppers contains a lot of it I have heard ) and its really not a problem at all. Main reason that I do not give blood more often than I do is actually that I am complete crap at organising msyelf and often forget to go when they visit our university. Gonna have to do something about that.

ReputationRep:
    just out of curiosity, how long roughly does it take them to run a blood test and get back with the results :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what they're testing for.

ReputationRep:
    I need to have more blood tests when i go the hospital. Seems pointless seen as they do not know what is wrong with me, so they do not know what to test my blood for :mad: Also the fact i do not like needles is another thing that makes me mad :mad:

ReputationRep:
    just out of curiosity, how long roughly does it take them to run a blood test and get back with the results :confused:
    My H Pylory blood test took 2 and a half weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I have lupus and have blood tests every two weeks and they take 8 vials. even 8 vials is a small amount but it does sometimes make you fell dizzy and faint so they give me sweet squash or lucozade. my tests take around 3-5 day sto come back x

ReputationRep:
    Had one on Friday and I also had three tubes of juice stolen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blanco Ballo)
    Had one on Friday and I also had three tubes of juice stolen
    sperm donor?^o)

ReputationRep:
    ... (tumbleweed) ...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.