Who's REALLY the coolest famous person? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Greyhound02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm wondering who everyone finds genuinely cool in the media. My nomination is undoubtedly for mr Jeremy Clarkson! I realise this may surprise some of you but I think he is far cooler than any pop star or film star for the following reasons:

1.He was wearing jeans and a jacket long before the uber-cool, Camden wannabe metrosexuals started dressing like that!

2. He drives the best cars in the world........very fast!!!

3. He hosted top of the pops last friday and absolutely verbally tore all the manufactured rubbish bands to shreads!

Any comments? Any other nominations?
veryrandom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't think of anybody myself, but Jeremy Clarkson?! Everytime he drives a car he like it's like he's getting an orgasm lol.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
jeremy clarkson? no.

who is? i dunno
Logan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by veryrandom)
I can't think of anybody myself, but Jeremy Clarkson?! Everytime he drives a car he like it's like he's getting an orgasm lol.
what a very nice statement indeed. And I do agree lol.
Philadelphia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nasht)
what a very nice statement indeed. And I do agree lol.
And i get one watching him :p:

Kidding

I do find him easy to listen to. as he is straight to the point.
veryrandom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh, thought of someone. Trevor McDonald. He's a legend. I mean you can't get any better than that.
spoon1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If we're going into the realms of news presenters then i would have to say Andrew Marr. I mean...have you seen his ears? He is sooooooooooo cool!
RealityIsDull
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Johnny Depp... Surely no one is cooler than that... if he was any cooler he'd be frozen
Philadelphia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh, thought of someone. Trevor McDonald. He's a legend. I mean you can't get any better than that.
I'd love to see will smith he's funny and down to earth aswell
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Greyhound02)
I'm wondering who everyone finds genuinely cool in the media. My nomination is undoubtedly for mr Jeremy Clarkson! I realise this may surprise some of you but I think he is far cooler than any pop star or film star for the following reasons:

1.He was wearing jeans and a jacket long before the uber-cool, Camden wannabe metrosexuals started dressing like that!

2. He drives the best cars in the world........very fast!!!

3. He hosted top of the pops last friday and absolutely verbally tore all the manufactured rubbish bands to shreads!

Any comments? Any other nominations?
4. He's an incredibly right-wing bigot.

5. He wholeheartedly supports foxhunting and thinks that vegetarians are the scum of the earth.

He can be very funny in a grumpy old man sort of way, but I'd find it very difficult to put the words 'Jeremy Clarkson' and 'cool' in the same sentence. Without the words 'is not' in between.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Trev used to be cool but he's turned into the personification of the Daily Mail (have you seen 'Tonight with...' recently?). Andrew Marr, on the other hand, is cool.
Greyhound02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trousers)
4. He's an incredibly right-wing bigot.

5. He wholeheartedly supports foxhunting and thinks that vegetarians are the scum of the earth.

He can be very funny in a grumpy old man sort of way, but I'd find it very difficult to put the words 'Jeremy Clarkson' and 'cool' in the same sentence. Without the words 'is not' in between.
In response to him being a 'right wing bigot'. Do you just mean he's 'right wing' but threw in 'bigot' for good measure? I'm right wing myself, all I'll say is he says what he says with his tongue in cheek and you shouldn't take it so seriously!!!

In response to him supporting fox hunting; so do lots of people! I have no opinions on vegetarians except at barbecues they tend to be a right pain! (joking!)

I definitely agree that Sir Trevor McD makes it into the cool hall of fame but I need more convincing about Andrew Marr!
spoon1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Greyhound02)
I need more convincing about Andrew Marr!

What more convincing do you need? He just oozes grooviness....
Invocation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
tie between geaorge clooney and samual L jackson
Greyhound02
Rep:
?
(Original post by spoon1)
What more convincing do you need? He just oozes grooviness....
Maybe, I just wish he'd leave the cliches alone!
shuvle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
brad pitt easy...
Ollie87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Samuel L. Jackson. Without a doubt.
veryrandom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Kathy Burke! I loved her in Kevin & Perry (I know, what great taste I have in movies) and in Gimme Gimme Gimme (again, showing off my great taste) and on those tv advertisements currently on for ocean spray: 'If you think drinking this is gonna make you look like these girls, don't be fooled- these girls were born this way. Stupid cows!' Hehe.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Julian Casablancas
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JoeFen)
Julian Casablancas
isnt joe or jo fen (sp?) someone on the british olympic athletic team? or something in sports or something!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1388)
79.59%
Leave (356)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed