Turn on thread page Beta

Who's REALLY the coolest famous person? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Will Smith - he's a proper good laugh too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyhound02)
    I'm wondering who everyone finds genuinely cool in the media. My nomination is undoubtedly for mr Jeremy Clarkson! I realise this may surprise some of you but I think he is far cooler than any pop star or film star for the following reasons:

1.He was wearing jeans and a jacket long before the uber-cool, Camden wannabe metrosexuals started dressing like that!

2. He drives the best cars in the world........very fast!!!

3. He hosted top of the pops last friday and absolutely verbally tore all the manufactured rubbish bands to shreads!

Any comments? Any other nominations?
    He has the mentality of a miserable 70-year old pensioner so not sure if that's being cool....

I think Gavin Rossdale is the coolest famous person: he's lead singer of Bush, one of the biggest British bands ever and I don't know a single girl who isn't crazy about him. He sounds totally laidback in interviews. Plus to be honest, I wouldn't mind being him:
    http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...r=&sa=N&tab=wi

ReputationRep:
    There's only one man who fits the description, ladies and gentlemen.

And that's Boris Johnson

ReputationRep:
    Will smith's ace! Serge Pizzorno of kasabian though defo!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

And that's Boris Johnson
    SOLD! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Clarkson's a ****. Johnny Depp

ReputationRep:
    Tara Palmer Tomkinson.

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with Johnny Depp! The guy doesn't even want to be cool - so he is!

Will Smith's quite cool as well.

ReputationRep:
    pete tong?

ReputationRep:
    i enjoy jeremy clarkson...hes like simon cowell but not as big of a prick.

james may on top gear is cool. a real but slightly exagerated austerity makes him a superb presenter...and you cant be uncool on top gear really

ReputationRep:
    SAmuel L or Bill Bailey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    SAmuel L or Bill Bailey
    Ooh forgot about Samuel L. Jackson, definitely up there

ReputationRep:
    Noel Gallagher

ReputationRep:
    jack dee

ReputationRep:
    Jim carrey!

ReputationRep:
    Samuel L Jackson and Johnny Depp in one sense, but in the other:

Richard Whitely (legend)...RIP

Terry Wogan - yes, really - he's the overvoice for the Eurovision Song Contest and rips the piss out of the contestants as well as those weird sketches in between songs! I also once heard that he gets drunk whilst doing it! Ha ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeFen)
    Julian Casablancas
    Hmmm... he seems a bit arty farty to me. I think Ricky Wilson from Kaiserchiefs is cooler. I get them impression with Julian that he thinks he's 'above' his fans somehow. Maybe I'm just being picky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

And that's Boris Johnson
    I can't believe I didn't think of him myself!!! Met him once and he truly is very cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    He has the mentality of a miserable 70-year old pensioner so not sure if that's being cool....

I think Gavin Rossdale is the coolest famous person: he's lead singer of Bush, one of the biggest British bands ever and I don't know a single girl who isn't crazy about him. He sounds totally laidback in interviews. Plus to be honest, I wouldn't mind being him:
    http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...r=&sa=N&tab=wi
    Age (both physical and mental) is definitely NOT a barrier to coolness! If anything, age facilitates coolness because with age comes an appreciation of what is good and bad in life.

ReputationRep:
    boris johnson is definitely cool!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.