Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, urm am movin to uk for uni n was wonderin if sum1 cud giv me advice on which products r best for curly hair and, in the case of straightening which r the best hair straightners??? Thanx

ReputationRep:
    Erm... My thoughts on this topic are as plain as a bald man's.

ReputationRep:
    im afraid this thread only addresses women. Rather odd that u chose to comment seeing as we both already knew that ur thoughts on this topic were exactly those that u stated above. I believe u must be very bored

ReputationRep:
    can i hijack this thread and ask for tips on curling my long straight hair? especailly doinf it on my own
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Erm just put ur curlers in when ur hairs still wet. then blow dry...spray LOOOOOOOOADS of hairspray, take rollers out, final touch ups with curlign tongues and even MORE hair spray. yup that shud do the trick. Now please help me with my curly hair!

ReputationRep:
    well i dunno ghd straightners are by far the best though i donr need to use them. some hair dressers will now take your old straightners as oart payment for ghd's

ReputationRep:
    ooooooo gd info mite do that then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    can i hijack this thread and ask for tips on curling my long straight hair? especailly doinf it on my own
    thanks
    you can curl your hair with ghd straightners. thats wot i do.

ReputationRep:
    i cant afford them and its hard to do on your own

ReputationRep:
    Well get the rollers! V cheap in superdrug lol. And believe me it works. My friend's got ur kinda hair and it worked for her. The most expensive thing wud b curling tongues.....but theyre not too bad, am sure theyll cost less than 20 quid

ReputationRep:
    but doing it on my own lol! how about rags?

ReputationRep:
    puttin curlers in is really easy. Ul b able to do it. Just hav patience. hmmmmmmmmm wudnt try rags...pretty old fashioned and doesnt do the job too well. Believe me its been attempted. Looks like uve got v. clean dread locks.

ReputationRep:
    ugh lol

ReputationRep:
    Just get some ceramic curling tongs - it's easy enough to do on your own, honest!

ReputationRep:
    My absolute favourite mousse for my curly hair is the Sheer Blonde one, even though I am not blonde. It looks natural, never goes crispy and leaves you with lots of curls and no frizz. I use quite a lot of it but it's really good.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't wash my conditioner out properly. Leaves hair shiny and smooth, and in perfect ringlets which are soft to touch.

ReputationRep:
    GHD all the way. Can straighten and curl and they are quick.

ReputationRep:
    hehe excellent thanx guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    I just don't wash my conditioner out properly. Leaves hair shiny and smooth, and in perfect ringlets which are soft to touch.
    :ditto: I use this conditoner especially created for curls, costs about a fiver for a small bottle, but after I shampoo'd it and then condition I wash abit of it and leave the conditioner in. Its more sleeker and softer that way, and it doesnt look greasy. I love my curls :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeVintage!)
    Hey all, urm am movin to uk for uni n was wonderin if sum1 cud giv me advice on which products r best for curly hair and, in the case of straightening which r the best hair straightners??? Thanx

Cheap gel, it's fantastic! and boots curl cream, just load it on and leave it to dry naturally. It seems to do the trick for me.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.