Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind this particular article that caught my eyes, I wonder which leader is favourite for the people around TSR, especially as far as their leadership skill is concerned, as opposed to anything else.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/17082005/14...ship-poll.html

Each of the above-mentioned leaders in the pool has showed their leadership in different circumstances. To gain independence or to gain equal right, to tackle terrorism or gaining victory in war, to care about people in need or a religious leadership.

Other than the listed 10 leaders, in alphabetical order, if your favourite leader is not mentioned then let others know through a post, not just about your choice, but also WHY you made that choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j4mes_bond25)
    Bearing in mind this particular article that caught my eyes, I wonder which leader is favourite for the people around TSR, especially as far as their leadership skill is concerned, as opposed to anything else.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/17082005/14...ship-poll.html

Each of the above-mentioned leaders in the pool has showed their leadership in different circumstances. To gain independence or to gain equal right, to tackle terrorism or gaining victory in war, to care about people in need or a religious leadership.

Other than the listed 10 leaders, in alphabetical order, if your favourite leader is not mentioned then let others know through a post, not just about your choice, but also WHY you made that choice
    Mother Teresa was a servant; not a leader.

ReputationRep:
    churchill always wins these

ReputationRep:
    Why is this poll limited to 20th century "leaders"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Why is this poll limited to 20th century "leaders"?
    Well, couldn't think of many off-hand, but surely I've kept an option open to know more about your choice along with the reason for making that particular choice

ReputationRep:
    Mother Teresa was a servant; not a leader.
    Well, I'm terribly sorry but I guess, Servant is surely NOT quite the word you be using for such a great soul, who devoted her life for those who needed it expecting nothing much in return. However, I came across her name as it appears within that particular article

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j4mes_bond25)
    Well, I'm terribly sorry but I guess, Servant is surely NOT quite the word you be using for such a great soul, who devoted her life for those who needed it expecting nothing much in return. However, I came across her name as it appears within that particular article
    She was a servant of God. A very modest and humble woman she would never describe herself as a leader.

ReputationRep:
    Why in the world is Gandhi getting so many votes???? That man destroyed India and made it the third-world hell hole that it is now.

EDIT: My parents were born in India, and I am of Indian descent. I visit India frequently, and am well qualified to make this statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    Why in the world is Gandhi getting so many votes???? That man destroyed India and made it the third-world hell hole that it is now.
    Because it's the politically correct way to vote.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people forgetting Nelson Mandela. The personal sacrifices he made for black people not only in south Africa but around the world and helping to destroy the vile system that was enforced over there whilst the world let it go on for decades.

ReputationRep:
    Winston Churchill. He led this country through war and in the end to victory, and there is no achievement greater than that in my eyes on this list.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's the politically correct way to vote.
    Damn the man. What was it that Churchill said of him? Something like 'a half naked fakir of a type well known in the East...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Waddell)
    Damn the man. What was it that Churchill said of him? Something like 'a half naked fakir of a type well known in the East...'
    Are you sure it was "fakir"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthredalert89)
    Why are people forgetting Nelson Mandela.
    Because he was a communist and a terrorist.

ReputationRep:
    Alexander The Great: Brilliant military and social tactician - united a fragmented and tribal region into a powerful and advanced nation and created a truly great empire. Also, why the 20th century bias?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthredalert89)
    Why are people forgetting Nelson Mandela. The personal sacrifices he made for black people not only in south Africa but around the world and helping to destroy the vile system that was enforced over there whilst the world let it go on for decades.
    because he's a terrorist who should have been hung?

ReputationRep:
    Gandhi ruined India. He destroyed the Raj, and along with it peace, prosperity and good governance. He may have used peaceful resistance and all, but he did it to do bad things. India has just slipped downhill since 1947.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it was "fakir"?
    Yes, Churchill called Gandhi a 'half naked fakir' and he was right. He also said on the eve of Independance, 'we handing this country over to men of straw.' My grandfather told me that when the British left, it was the saddest day for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    because he's a terrorist who should have been hung?
    ...and Ian Paisley is a god worthy of worshipping.....how original...

ReputationRep:
    Genghis Kahn?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.