Do I put moisturiser on top of acne cream? or...? Watch

Big_Joe_1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm never sure when to put on moisturiser, I Always have acne cream on, so when do I put on moisturiser?

I use duac cream and I have a oil free, soap free, fragrance free moisturiser, but i'm unsure when to apply it.

Do I put it on top of the acne cream? or undernieth it? or not mix the two together? If I always have my acne cream on, when do I put on the moisturiser??

Thanks.
siQ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Read the PIL that comes with it, it should say on there I think.

EDIT: also aren't you meant to apply acne creams such as Duac once a day, preferably at night?
siQ
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you've lost yours, take a look on google.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Patient+Informa...aflet+for+Duac
MsAnnThropic
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Apply your moisturiser 10 mins after your acne cream has dried. I recommend putting a blob on the back of your "clumsy hand" and patting it onto your face in two thin layers with your other hand - it tends to absorb better without making your face feel greasy or clogging pores as much.

Also, if your acne cream is strong or drying and you're using a new moisturiser with quite a few ingredients, it's a good idea to do a patch test on the underneath of your jaw for a couple of nights in case they react badly.
Big_Joe_1234
Rep:
?
So I don't rub the moisturiser all over after i've put the cream on?
MsAnnThropic
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. What I found works best for me is:

1) Wash face
2) Dry face
3) Put on acne cream
4) Wait 10 mins
5) Pat moisturiser all over my face so it's a light layer, then massage in
6) Repeat step five.

I find that the moisturiser absorbs better that way without leaving my face greasy. Also, massaging it in thoroughly like that can help to fade scars/"hyperpigmentation" marks left by spots. Bear in mind also that you will want more moisturiser in dry areas and less in oily areas.
Big_Joe_1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by MsAnnThropic)
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. What I found works best for me is:

1) Wash face
2) Dry face
3) Put on acne cream
4) Wait 10 mins
5) Pat moisturiser all over my face so it's a light layer, then massage in
6) Repeat step five.

I find that the moisturiser absorbs better that way without leaving my face greasy. Also, massaging it in thoroughly like that can help to fade scars/"hyperpigmentation" marks left by spots. Bear in mind also that you will want more moisturiser in dry areas and less in oily areas.
Thanks. Does this work/has it been working for your face?
MsAnnThropic
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Definitely! The patting-on moisturiser trick was the best, Aqueous Cream works very nicely for it but I'm sure anything your skin responds well to will do the same. Also exfoliating gently every day with a muslin cloth and using a gentle cleanser - if you dry your skin out, it'll look bad anyway but it is likely to produce more oil in response, resulting in more spots. In 2 months, my skin has gone from slightly problematic to completely clear!
Mcsam33
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What mosisturise do people use on duac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (59)
68.6%
No (27)
31.4%

Watched Threads