Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any Jeff Buckley fans out there? I think he has an amazing voice. "Hallelujah" from the OC Soundtrack is such a beautiful song. Love it!

ReputationRep:
    had an amazing voice

oh and this is about the 90th time theres been a jeff buckley thread, you should have just added to an old one really.

ReputationRep:
    Hes incredible. Grace is one of me favourite albums ever.

ReputationRep:
    I :love: Jeff Buckley. The album Grace is pure genius and his voice is so...angelic, lol. 'Hallelujah' can make anyone cry, it's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I love 'Grace', especially the single when he practically screams right at the end. It's just so angry !

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about Hallelujah. I prefer the song Grace and Last Goodbye. They're more personal songs. Hallelujah is just a cover of a song by Leonard Cohen. Plus I think that Rufus Wainwright's cover is just as good. I don't think Jeff Buckley should be remembered for a cover....

A girl I knew back at Uni met him in person the year he died.

ReputationRep:
    Lover, You Should've Come Over is an awesome song...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucination)
    Lover, You Should've Come Over is an awesome song...
    I think the favourite song of most of his fans. I really like Track 5 too. I can't remember the name of it.

ReputationRep:
    So Real.

And yeah, I love Jeff Buckley. What a shame.

ReputationRep:
    I love Jeff Buckley too! Hallelujah is just a great song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I think the favourite song of most of his fans. I really like Track 5 too. I can't remember the name of it.
    Really? I would've thought it was Grace or Mojo Pin.... So Real is a really good song...in fact, I find it hard to say anything bad about JB.

ReputationRep:
    I think his music is a bit dull, really. It's not amazing. The tunes are nice but it's not anything to get too excited about, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    I think his music is a bit dull, really. It's not amazing. The tunes are nice but it's not anything to get too excited about, in my opinion.
    Well find me another musician who in addition to being an excellent singer/songwriter is one of the best guitarists in the business? Trust me, you'll have trouble finding one. He wrote great meaningful and melodic songs while still keeping the songs musically complex. I admit that it's hardly pop music.

Although I'm sure if I knew the guy I'd hate him. I've heard bootlegs of concerts and he goes on about himself and his "obsession with death". I'd like to tell a guy like that to just shut up. I like artists who do a lot of introspection and do melancholic songs but when it's like "Look at me people! I'm having a nervous breakdown. Aren't I interesting?" That's the only bad thing I have to say about Jeff Buckley. A friend met him and told me he was a lovely guy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but I really didn't like Grace (the album not the song) when I first heard it...the second time, it was like everything clicked into place

ReputationRep:
    Better off dead to be honest, their enough boring dreary, depressing crap in our airways i.e. radiohead, christmas number 1 2003.

ReputationRep:
    Least he is immortalised, but ofcourse not in the way Kurtis. Donald Cobain is, or Jimmini Hendrix III

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.