Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccardo)
    I'm not against Jews or anything but I think the whole Israel thing sucks. They were given an entire country, that was stolen beforehand, and then when they got comfortable started invading their neighbours.
    Up to a point, Lord Copper. Is there any country that was not "stolen" from its previous inhabitants by later invaders? The Arab countries surrounding Israel announced in 1948 that they would destroy it. Every war after that began after actual, announced or planned [the arabs were rather more warlike in their rhetoric than their actual planning, but the israelis couldn't be too sure of that] hostile acts by Arab countries. Palestine was only occupied after Jordan engaged in hostilities against Israel in 1967. The problem has always been that the Israelis have always been willing to negotiate from the current position, the Arabs from the position before the last war. The Israeli settlements in Gaza and Palestine were meant to force the arabs to come to terms. Certainly the Israelis treat the Palestinains badly and there are undoubtedly soldiers who misuse their power, but compare-say- the Israeli occupation of Jenin, which inspired so much outrage, and the Syrians' treatment of Hamah when it was occupied by the Muslim Brotherhood or the activities of saddam Hussein to gain some perspective.
    Whenever I've said that this is wrong I've been called an anti-semitic Nazi and it seems that the very fact of the Holocaust having happened acts as a sort of 'get out of jail free' card whenever their despicable behaviour in Israel is brought into question.
    well, someone who announces that "the whole Israel thing sucks" as a reasoned argument isn't too careful with their language themselves, so they can hardly expect precision of phrasing from others. Again, for an occupying force in countries which reject their very right to exist the IDF hasn't been too "despicable" and certainly much better than the behaviour of Arab regimes in arab countries.

ReputationRep:
    My friend just told me about a new conspiracy. Apparently some people believe that the Jews have made up the fact that oil is a fossil fuel. They think that oil is aboitic and that oil wells refill themselves on their own! They think the Jews are engineering this oil shortage so that they can hold power.:rolleyes: Sometimes I wonder whether anti-semeticism began with the use of drugs.

ReputationRep:
    That's as much a total ignorance of geology as it is anti-semitisim. I think everybody with a reasonable bone in their body discards these theories as trash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    My friend just told me about a new conspiracy. Apparently some people believe that the Jews have made up the fact that oil is a fossil fuel. They think that oil is aboitic and that oil wells refill themselves on their own! They think the Jews are engineering this oil shortage so that they can hold power.:rolleyes:
    shhhhhhhhhhhh!
    for gawd's sake, you'll give our plan away... oy vey!

(Original post by Weejimmie)
    Up to a point, Lord Copper. Is there any country that was not "stolen" from its previous inhabitants by later invaders? The Arab countries surrounding Israel announced in 1948 that they would destroy it. Every war after that began after actual, announced or planned [the arabs were rather more warlike in their rhetoric than their actual planning, but the israelis couldn't be too sure of that] hostile acts by Arab countries. Palestine was only occupied after Jordan engaged in hostilities against Israel in 1967. The problem has always been that the Israelis have always been willing to negotiate from the current position, the Arabs from the position before the last war. The Israeli settlements in Gaza and Palestine were meant to force the arabs to come to terms. Certainly the Israelis treat the Palestinains badly and there are undoubtedly soldiers who misuse their power, but compare-say- the Israeli occupation of Jenin, which inspired so much outrage, and the Syrians' treatment of Hamah when it was occupied by the Muslim Brotherhood or the activities of saddam Hussein to gain some perspective.
    well, someone who announces that "the whole Israel thing sucks" as a reasoned argument isn't too careful with their language themselves, so they can hardly expect precision of phrasing from others. Again, for an occupying force in countries which reject their very right to exist the IDF hasn't been too "despicable" and certainly much better than the behaviour of Arab regimes in arab countries.
    i think its rather unfair to blame jordan for 1967. it was principally down to the rantings of egypt and poor communication.
    if israel had known egypt was standing down i don't think they would ever have pre-emptively struck, and it was that strike that brought jordan into the war. (due to a defensive alliance they had with egypt.)

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, the 6 most common reasons (or as some say, excuses), why the Jews are hated are as follows:

• Economic - We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power.
    • Chosen People - We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim they are the chosen people.
    • Scapegoat - Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles.
    • Deicide - We hate Jews because they killed Jesus.
    • Outsiders - We hate Jews because they are different than us
    • Racial Theory - We hate Jews because they are an inferior race.
    Or just some people like to be anti-semitic cos it's cool. One boy in my street used to go "aaaa JEW" (you know, the sneeze one) everytime I walked past. :rolleyes: Or a few weeks ago, a load of scallys/chavs simply said "Jew!" so what do i say? "Thanks." That shut em up. lol.

Tbh, I think they're all ridiculous excuses. But yep, the blood libel comes first place. I remember learning that in year 9 and i was like "WHAT?!"

Mmm, so anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    shhhhhhhhhhhh!
    for gawd's sake, you'll give our plan away... oy vey!
    Oops!! I'm sorry!!:eek: I hope all the Goyim don't find out about this one.

(Original post by gemgems89)
    Apparently, the 6 most common reasons (or as some say, excuses), why the Jews are hated are as follows:

• Chosen People - We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim they are the chosen people.
    • Scapegoat - Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles.
    Or just some people like to be anti-semitic cos it's cool. One boy in my street used to go "aaaa JEW" (you know, the sneeze one) everytime I walked past. :rolleyes: Or a few weeks ago, a load of scallys/chavs simply said "Jew!" so what do i say? "Thanks." That shut em up. lol.

Tbh, I think they're all ridiculous excuses. But yep, the blood libel comes first place. I remember learning that in year 9 and i was like "WHAT?!"

Mmm, so anyway...
    blood libel?
    please tell met thats nought to do with the 'you killed jesus you barstads'
    if jesus died for OUR sins how can you blame those that killed him...[think about it]

i can happily look at that list and say i feel none of that. i simply don't do racial or faith hatred. i know people of just about every major race and nationality - some good some bad, and i don't think it matters.

I get very angry when i get called anti-semitic because I'm often of a anti-israeli stance.
    i simpyl don't think the two are one in thesame. After all there are far more jews out of israel then there are in.

ReputationRep:

Mmm, so anyway...
    I have a really jewish good friend from Nashville Tennessee(ie Boondocks, back of beyond, middle of nowhere). If you want to get an idea about what that means, the Ku Klux Klan tried to bomb their Synagogue. They were so stupid, though, that they did it on a Sunday morning, when only the cantor was there. When he say the KKK pull up, he just left out the back door. Back to the point... Poor guy. Everyone at his school asks him for stock tips, who is going to win the elections, and whats goin to happen in the future. They don't mean it to be a malicious joke. They actually think that as a Jew he rules the world. They all try to kiss up to him, and someone even asked if he would make sure the Israelis didn't blow up Nashville. It just goes to show how some poor guy was mistaken for a Rothschild.

ReputationRep:
    I have a really jewish good friend from Nashville Tennessee. If you want to get an idea about what means, the Ku Klux Klan tried to bomb their Synagogue. they were so stupid, though, that they did it on a Sunday morning, when only the cantor was there. When he say the KKK pull up, he just left out the back door. Back to the point... Poor guy. Everyone at his school asks him for stock tips, whos going to win the elections, and whats goin to happen in the future. they don't mean it to be a malicious joke. They actually think that as a Jew that he rules the world. They all try to kiss up to him, and someone even asked if he would make sure the Israelis didn't blow up Nashville. It just goes to show how some poor guy was mistaken for a Rothschild.
    Damn, I knew I should have gone to school in Nashville.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    And don't forget to dip the blood-soacked matzah in chocolate. Yum.
    I just can't get enough of that stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    blood libel?
    please tell met thats nought to do with the 'you killed jesus you barstads'
    if jesus died for OUR sins how can you blame those that killed him...[think about it]

i can happily look at that list and say i feel none of that. i simply don't do racial or faith hatred. i know people of just about every major race and nationality - some good some bad, and i don't think it matters.

I get very angry when i get called anti-semitic because I'm often of a anti-israeli stance.
    i simpyl don't think the two are one in thesame. After all there are far more jews out of israel then there are in
    The blood libel, about the thing where Jews apparently mixed blood of a Christian baby with their Matzah. For a start, a Jew can not eat blood.

Some people are anti-Israel because they're anti-semitic. In a lot of cases, both are true in a person. I'm not saying you are, there are many that are though.

That may be true but by 2006 Israel will be the place containing the most Jews (rather than America) and 3/4 of Israel's population is Jewish so...ya know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I just can't get enough of that stuff!
    Too bad my local supermarket doesn't carry it except during Passover.

ReputationRep:
    I have a really jewish good friend from Nashville Tennessee(ie Boondocks, back of beyond, middle of nowhere). If you want to get an idea about what that means, the Ku Klux Klan tried to bomb their Synagogue. They were so stupid, though, that they did it on a Sunday morning, when only the cantor was there. When he say the KKK pull up, he just left out the back door. Back to the point... Poor guy. Everyone at his school asks him for stock tips, who is going to win the elections, and whats goin to happen in the future. They don't mean it to be a malicious joke. They actually think that as a Jew he rules the world. They all try to kiss up to him, and someone even asked if he would make sure the Israelis didn't blow up Nashville. It just goes to show how some poor guy was mistaken for a Rothschild.
    Oh dear... lol

Too bad my local supermarket doesn't carry it except during Passover.
    Come to Manchester, my mum makes it.

(But without the blood.)

ReputationRep:
    Come to Manchester, my mum makes it.

(But without the blood.)
    But the blood is what makes it taste so good.

ReputationRep:
    But the blood is what makes it taste so good.
    Yeah, I know. However, as of last year we ran out. Apparently, they don't stock it anymore. So, *sighs* we now resort to boring chocolate matzah.

The blood libel, about the thing where Jews apparently mixed blood of a Christian baby with their Matzah. For a start, a Jew can not eat blood.

Some people are anti-Israel because they're anti-semitic. In a lot of cases, both are true in a person. I'm not saying you are, there are many that are though.

That may be true but by 2006 Israel will be the place containing the most Jews (rather than America) and 3/4 of Israel's population is Jewish so...ya know.
    By 2006 israel will be the country with the largest jewish population yes, but the majority of jewish people will always live outside israel.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know. However, as of last year we ran out. Apparently, they don't stock it anymore. So, *sighs* we now resort to boring chocolate matzah.
    Guess what I saw at M&S's food aisle today evening!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    By 2006 israel will be the country with the largest jewish population yes, but the majority of jewish people will always live outside israel.
    Yeah I know but i mean that's still a lot of Jews. Besides, there will be about 6 million, and the Jewish population is 13 million. So i'd hardly call it a huge majority.

So that statement is wrong, more Jews than ever are moving to Israel now as a cause of anti-semitism (especially france - i read a shocking article today) and in the next half century, or something, the majority will be in Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur-de-lis)
    Guess what I saw at M&S's food aisle today evening!!!
    Matzah?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.