Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by gemgems89)
    Yeah I know but i mean that's still a lot of Jews. Besides, there will be about 6 million, and the Jewish population is 13 million. So i'd hardly call it a huge majority.

So that statement is wrong, more Jews than ever are moving to Israel now as a cause of anti-semitism (especially france - i read a shocking article today) and in the next half century, or something, the majority will be in Israel.
    hmmmm. do you think fleeing to israel is the answer to small minded anti-semitism..?
    honestly now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    hmmmm. do you think fleeing to israel is the answer to small minded anti-semitism..?
    honestly now.
    Why not? The way the economies of continental Europe are going, it's only a matter of time before a Le Pen makes it to power. I know people who say they were attacked merely because they were wearing a yarmulke in Paris, Marseilles, Stockhold, Amsterdam, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    honestly now.
    Yes, and no.

Yes because you can be a Jew, meaning you do not have to hide your identity without being attacked, verbally or physically, depending on where you are.

No because there should be some Jews everywhere and it's like they've won.

Tsk, honestly, what are the children of today growing into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Why not? The way the economies of continental Europe are going, it's only a matter of time before a Le Pen makes it to power. I know people who say they were attacked merely because they were wearing a yarmulke in Paris, Marseilles, Stockhold, Amsterdam, etc.
    Yep. I was reading today. One guy in France, an American on holiday, wanted to wear his kippa. His wife said, no, put a cap on. He insisted he should wear what he wants so he went on the train and was minding his own business talking to his children and all the sudden he hears this French shouting, he just ignores it, doesn't realise it's directed at him. Few seconds later, the shouting gets closer and he gets a slash on his neck at the back. His wife pushes him off the train at the next stop. As he saw his attacker drive away he held up a metal weapon, could have been a knife. If his wife hadn't have pushed him off, I don't know and don't want to. Anyway, turned out he was shouting anti-Israel comments and when he was getting off he was also shouting "kill you, kill you." There's your example of anti-semitism and anti-Israel taking place.

ReputationRep:
    I blame it on the European education systems which aren't willing to combat the anti-Semitism of the North African immigrants.

Yep, it seems that to many, anti-Zionism is the political correct version of anti-Semitism.
    Yup. What is the world turning into, Bismark? Back in the day, you could go out your house without the fears of today.

ReputationRep:
    I blame it on the European education systems which aren't willing to combat the anti-Semitism of the North African immigrants.

Yep, it seems that to many, anti-Zionism is the political correct version of anti-Semitism.
    I recognise Israel as a nation, but I reckon if the Palistinians want their own place, then why not, they have been there for ages and plus they make a majority in places like Gaza and West Bank, 2.1 million Palistinians live in West Bank and 200,000 jews live in West Bank. Why not just keep the Jews there if they want to stay there, just hand the land over to the PA. Doesn't make me anti-semetic does it? Alot of people call me anti-semetic for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    I recognise Israel as a nation, but I reckon if the Palistinians want their own place, then why not, they have been there for ages and plus they make a majority in places like Gaza and West Bank, 2.1 million Palistinians live in West Bank and 200,000 jews live in West Bank. Why not just keep the Jews there if they want to stay there, just hand the land over to the PA. Doesn't make me anti-semetic does it? Alot of people call me anti-semetic for no reason.
    No it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    You should come to New York City. Almost 1/4 of the residents here are Jewish. No one looks twice at a Hassid, and there are Jews in every school, every job, and in every neighborhood. You'd fit right in.
    Hey Bismarck, i offered you to come over to my house and have a cup of tea if you still want (ages ago), just a friendly gesture?

ReputationRep:
    You should come to New York City. Almost 1/4 of the residents here are Jewish. No one looks twice at a Hassid, and there are Jews in every school, every job, and in every neighborhood. You'd fit right in.

Because the last time Jews lived in Arab controlled countries, they were either wiped out or forced to emigrate.
    I think the PA are generally trying to reform, but nobheads like Hamas just take the piss. I mean it could be given a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    Hey Bismarck, i offered you to come over to my house and have a cup of tea if you still want (ages ago), just a friendly gesture?
    Will I get out in as many pieces as I come in?

(Original post by Viper)
    I think the PA are generally trying to reform, but nobheads like Hamas just take the piss. I mean it could be given a go.
    If the PA didn't cheat on the local elections, Hamas would win as much as half the vote. And isn't the al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigade (I think it changed its name after Arafat died) part of the PA?

ReputationRep:

Because the last time Jews lived in Arab controlled countries, they were either wiped out or forced to emigrate.
    Yeh, I must visit America some day. When I get the dosh. Sounds cool. My friend is there now. She says unlike the 3 shelves of kosher food you get in supermarkets here, in America, its more like 3 isles. Coooooooooool. Maybe it sells my all time favourite Israeli cereal? You heard of Cariot?

(Original post by Viper)
    Can I come? I like tea.

ReputationRep:
    lol. ah funny. that made me laugh, thanks. altho come to think of it, its not even that funny. hmmm... its gettin late...

ReputationRep:
    I don' know what Israels intentions are as to if they're going to let go of West Bank or not. But I reckon Gaza should be a sort of experiment for Palistinian Authority to prove themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I must visit America some day. When I get the dosh. Sounds cool. My friend is there now. She says unlike the 3 shelves of kosher food you get in supermarkets here, in America, its more like 3 isles. Coooooooooool. Maybe it sells my all time favourite Israeli cereal? You heard of Cariot?
    Most food here is kosher, there is no need for separate aisles. Even the (non-alcoholic) drinks are kosher. :confused:

I like tea.
    Weird Brit. :p:

lol. ah funny. that made me laugh, thanks. altho come to think of it, its not even that funny. hmmm... its gettin late...
    Meh, Israelis make the same jokes.

ReputationRep:
    Matzah?
    Matzah- buy 2 get 1 free
    50% off when bought with 250 ml 100% certified infant Goyim blood

There were just 4 such Matzahs remaining when I left the store at 1915

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viper)
    I don' know what Israels intentions are as to if they're going to let go of West Bank or not. But I reckon Gaza should be a sort of experiment for Palistinian Authority to prove themselves.
    I'll be incredibly amazed if Gaza doesn't succumb into a civil war that's based mostly on material interests and not ideology.

ReputationRep:
    No need for sarcasm is there, don't say I never offered although the offers still open if you want

If the PA didn't cheat on the local elections, Hamas would win as much as half the vote. And isn't the al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigade (I think it changed its name after Arafat died) part of the PA?
    Why don't you give them a chance, its almost like the anti-semetic conspiracies!

ReputationRep:
    Most food here is kosher, there is no need for separate aisles. Even the (non-alcoholic) drinks are kosher. :confused:

Weird Brit. :p:

Meh, Israelis make the same jokes.
    How good!

let's take a look at some of my stats:
    First choice to live:
    Israel.
    Second:
    London.
    Third:
    America.

So there's still hope Bismarck, there's still hope.

I like tea, but i'm not that obsessed. Israelis find it hilarious. They always make fun and go "would you like some tea" and burst out laughing. What's so funny? I've never got it. Actually, come to think of it, you can imagine a typical english family sitting down at half 3 and sipping some tea. Amusing.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine is from NYC- his dad is Jewish & his mum is Catholic but he doesn't like to talk about his Jewish links & specified that he is not a Jew.

ReputationRep:

Can I come? I like tea.
    Course you can, more the merrier!!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.