Turn on thread page Beta

Please Help - My toolbar is on the side of the screen! watch

ReputationRep:
    yes, u know the toolbar along the bottom of the screen with the start button and the little icons, well for some reason its like vertically along the right side of my screen. i have tried everything to get it back into its original place, but i cant.

and its really annoying because when i get message on msn, u have to close everyhing in order to click on the msn icon!

thanks, help appreciated! i am sure theres a simple answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluff)
    yes, u know the toolbar along the bottom of the screen with the start button and the little icons, well for some reason its like vertically along the right side of my screen. i have tried everything to get it back into its original place, but i cant.

and its really annoying because when i get message on msn, u have to close everyhing in order to click on the msn icon!

its impossble to get it into its original place along the bottom of the screen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluff)

I know what you mean, it's happened to me more (I don't like computers). I think you have to play around and try and drag the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen. If you put your curson over the outer border of the task-bar until the double-arrow appears then try dragging it directly to the bottom? Just a thought...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I know what you mean, it's happened to me more (I don't like computers). I think you have to play around and try and drag the taskbar back to the bottom of the screen. If you put your curson over the outer border of the task-bar until the double-arrow appears then try dragging it directly to the bottom? Just a thought...
    i cant! it refuses to move!

ReputationRep:
    Click on toolbar, drag it to the bottom. Unless you locked it down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    This may work?:

Place the cursor over the toolbar, then left click and hold, drag the cursor to the bottom of the screen and release.

P.S: Make sure the taskbar is unlocked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Click on toolbar, drag it to the bottom. Unless you locked it down?
    i tried that. it jus wont move. it just stays on the right side of the screen.

its on the right side of the desktop..........vertical....... ..it wont friggin move!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibbsy)
    This may work?:

Place the cursor over the toolbar, then left click and hold, drag the cursor to the bottom of the screen and release.

P.S: Make sure the taskbar is unlocked!
    ohhhh.....

what do u mean when u say unlocked? it may be locked, how do i unlock it, whatever that is lol.

ReputationRep:
    Right click on the taskbar. Go to 'Properties', uncheck 'Lock the taskbar', press 'OK', drag to bottom.

ReputationRep:
    We are too kind to you Maskall!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    We are too kind to you Maskall!
    there isnt an actual "lock taskbar option", but there are options such as "enable resizing and moving of taskbar"...i clicked on these to enable them.

take a look below, u will see my point.

i still cant move the damn thing! it just sits there! occupying the right side of the screen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluff)
    there isnt an actual "lock taskbar option", but there are options such as "enable resizing and moving of taskbar"...i clicked on these to enable them.

i still cant move the damn thing! it just sits there! occupying the right side of the screen!
    Try clicking view, toolbars, unlock toolbars, from the top.
    You have to open your browser to do so.
    If that doesn't work try a restart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluff)

Why would you want it horizontal? All the cool people have it vertically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluff)

Jesus, your desktop is fked up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    ehhh???

ohh my god!

my desktop does not look like that i swear!

dont look at the bottom half of the screen, its gone really weird.

ehhh?

i took a screenshot, copied and pasted it into paint, then saved it in JPEG FORMAT. why is it like that? aaargh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    no, my desktop doesnt look like that!!!

i think there is a problem, i saved the print screen image in paint as a jpeg, then when i upload it onto here, it goes all distorted like that!!

anyway, as u can seee, its on the right.

its pretty annoying!!

ReputationRep:
    Unlock it, then drag it where it used to be.

Simple if you think about it.

I think this is also my 1000th post! Woohoo!

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Unlock it, then drag it where it used to be.

Simple if you think about it.

I think this is also my 1000th post! Woohoo!

Adam
    congratulations.

(to fluff):
    this happened to me before, the only thing i could do was to get a new user account and deleted the old one.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.