Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I bought one & used it lots for several months, but eventually i went back to the razor! My legs were never smooth, which really irritated me. I love stroking my elgs after shavings them ,altho the smoothness lasts all of two secs!

I like waxing, but can't do it myself. They only prob is that u hv to let the hair grow inbetween, but it definitely gets weaker overtime. Eventually i think i'm going to have my under arms, bikini line & legs lasered so that i neva hv to both with them again. That would be pure heaven to me! lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JesChum)
    I bought one & used it lots for several months, but eventually i went back to the razor! My legs were never smooth, which really irritated me. I love stroking my elgs after shavings them ,altho the smoothness lasts all of two secs!

I like waxing, but can't do it myself. They only prob is that u hv to let the hair grow inbetween, but it definitely gets weaker overtime. Eventually i think i'm going to have my under arms, bikini line & legs lasered so that i neva hv to both with them again. That would be pure heaven to me! lol!
    Currently having bikini line IPLed (lasered): £250 for 6 sessions. Possibly a couple of maintainence sessions in the year after that. But the beauticians told me this: that they would only be lasered for small areas (underarm, bikini, lip). Done shaving- ok if you can be bothered to do it frequently; Done epilation- hurts like h**l, but looks good; Done waxing- for over 10 years and I can confirm that the hair grows in smooth and so even if you have to wait 5 or 6 weeks a guy won't necessarily notice or care!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    its funy you should say that... I got mine what two three days ago now and I shaved my legs normally the day before, normally I have stubble the next day (sometimes that evening, stupid genes) so I am quite suprised how my legs are still smooth, I'm having to wait to use it, maybe they are trying to scream at me? lol
    Quick pass them the loudspeakers!
    No but seriously - I think the hairs are in shock from the epilation treatment and so the fact that you've shaved hasnt hit home to them yet. But next time if you shave, they'll grow out the same speed as before.
    I find that happens anyway... Though I've stopped shaving now.

ReputationRep:
    i have used epilators for almost 2 years and all i can say is - its f***d my legs. i have loads of bumps and ingrown hairs. and belive me i did exfoliate. gudluck to anyone that starts using it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_tara_x)
    i have used epilators for almost 2 years and all i can say is - its f***d my legs. i have loads of bumps and ingrown hairs. and belive me i did exfoliate. gudluck to anyone that starts using it
    I am using it on my left leg and I'm waxing on my right - I wanna see the difference!

ReputationRep:
    I find I get more ingrowing hairs when I wax.... And its all itchy when it comes out too! Waxing will stick to my arms thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to buy one of these but thanks for all your comments because i can save the money now They sound like a nightmare!!

ReputationRep:
    My legs are super sensitive, i still use my epilator. However i do turn my music up loud and sing along to stop me screaming in pain! Is it really worth it... damn right it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzie)
    My legs are super sensitive, i still use my epilator. However i do turn my music up loud and sing along to stop me screaming in pain! Is it really worth it... damn right it is!
    haha thats what I was doing today - I dont think my sister appreciated it (I woke her up :p: )

ReputationRep:
    omg...r epilators really that crap?!...i was gonna buy one b4 uni - i get really bored shaving and also i wanna do my bikini line but tried shaving it b4 and it was really itchy and bad.

and dont suggest waxing!!!...IT KILLS and it expensive and i just cant be bothered. i ges shaving is the only thing left - how annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello world)
    omg...r epilators really that crap?!...i was gonna buy one b4 uni - i get really bored shaving and also i wanna do my bikini line but tried shaving it b4 and it was really itchy and bad.

and dont suggest waxing!!!...IT KILLS and it expensive and i just cant be bothered. i ges shaving is the only thing left - how annoying
    I dont think theyr that crap.. I think theyr really good actually. But I think different skins react differently to them.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone epilated armpits with any sucess? I mean, can you numb it or something to help the hairs come out more easily? My problem is not the pain of them coming out, but they don't come out first time... So the hair is being pulled up again and again... ouch!

ReputationRep:
    I find that too but i just perservere lol.... its not too bad usually though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.