Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.connexions-direct.com

It's very good they chat to you online about anything.

ReputationRep:
    And there's info on careers.

ReputationRep:
    do you have a connexions card lol - abit random but ah well.. if so have you ever used it to get like freebies and stuff off their webby??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainy_skye)
    do you have a connexions card lol - abit random but ah well.. if so have you ever used it to get like freebies and stuff off their webby??
    :rofl: no i'm to old to get a card as i think its upto 19. I'm 23 but even when i said that they still helped me with careers stuff, which was good :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah connexions is a very good website i think its the best website for advice for young teenagers who are progressing into higher level or taking differrent routes e.g apprenships. there is also extra services talking to an advisor online in confidence which i believe is useful as teenagers as they would feel abit more comfortable

ReputationRep:
    connexions are fantastic! I phoned my local centre and they can give you free careers interviews, and have access to loads of temporary jobs and things if you're looking for one.

ReputationRep:
    I talked to them online yesterday, they were really helpful with career stuff.

ReputationRep:
    One word - useless. After an 'interview' they were unable to offer me anything even remotely suitable. All the jobs they had arround here were for people that had finished school at 16 and wanted to go into full time employment.

I found my school covered everything better than they did during the various talks/meetings that were held in school over the last few years. However, the card you get from them gives you cheap cinema tickets at UCI, so its not all bad news.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good idea in principle, but I have had some very bad experiences with the online advisor. One person I spoke to, no matter what I said, they just said "OK". They didn't ask any questions or offer any advice - totally useless. And then when I tried speaking to someone else about it, after explaining my problem all they had to say was "I;m sure it'll be fine, don't worry" and things to that affect, again totally useless

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll pretend to be doing my SATs and ask what they think I'd need for a career in investment banking.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.