Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    And as some kind of discussion, do you think it's important to cry?
    Some people say "don't bottle it up, it's good to cry"

In my opinion this is garbage. If you can deal with something then it's over, it doesn't get buried unless it's some deep traumatic event, but I'm talking about general things that are upsetting. I think if you leave it and don't cry, then over time the memory will only fade.

So do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    And as some kind of discussion, do you think it's important to cry?
    Some people say "don't bottle it up, it's good to cry"

In my opinion this is garbage. If you can deal with something then it's over, it doesn't get buried unless it's some deep traumatic event, but I'm talking about general things that are upsetting. I think if you leave it and don't cry, then over time the memory will only fade.

So do you agree?
    I know the next time I cry will be tommorrow I think people should cry otherswise resentment builds up

ReputationRep:
    DOn't you think that the resentment will get smaller over time?
    When you have some feelings, after a period of time they have less of an effect on you, eg. if you get dumped then it's better after a year, or if you're angry, you feel less angry if you leave it for a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    I cry when I have sex.... so it's been a while.

actually that isn't true. I was just thinking of Desperate Housewives.

ReputationRep:
    i dunno crying does make me feel better(cos its either that or get mad lol!) the last tim ei cried was wen by boyfriend(ex) cheated on me last month but i no i will cry 2moro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    DOn't you think that the resentment will get smaller over time?
    When you have some feelings, after a period of time they have less of an effect on you, eg. if you get dumped then it's better after a year, or if you're angry, you feel less angry if you leave it for a few hours.
    I just find if I cry then the next day I feel better as the angered is metaphorically 'drained out'

ReputationRep:
    sometimes... but sometimes it's the little things that build up and get you down, i sometimes have days when i feel utterly rubbish and burst into tears for no real reason - just loads of things that have been bugging me recently.

i find crybabies annoying and i hate crying in front of people (i think crying is one of those things that should be done solo), but i definitely don't think it's good to bottle it up.

ReputationRep:
    i honestly cannot remember exactly, but it was definately before Y9...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttons7)
    sometimes... but sometimes it's the little things that build up and get you down, i sometimes have days when i feel utterly rubbish and burst into tears for no real reason - just loads of things that have been bugging me recently.

i find crybabies annoying and i hate crying in front of people (i think crying is one of those things that should be done solo), but i definitely don't think it's good to bottle it up.

i also have days like that..but not very often, i dont like crying in front of people but sometimes i need i good cry with my girlies, like last month wen my botfriend cheated on me i was on tour an hour away form home so i felt totally alone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polythenepam)
    i also have days like that..but not very often, i dont like crying in front of people but sometimes i need i good cry with my girlies, like last month wen my botfriend cheated on me i was on tour an hour away form home so i felt totally alone!
    awww, poor you! that's pretty nasty.

yeh, there are times when crying in front of people is ok, but it has to be a serious thing. i think the last time i cried in front of someone was the day my A2 history coursework was due in, and i hadn't finished it. in fact, i was only halfway through. aforementioned history coursework crying may get a reprise tomorrow if it has caused me to drop a grade.

ReputationRep:
    awww bless ya! i no how history feels...ive always been good at it and i want to teach it at secondary school but in the jan exams i got a D........there were many tears that day!!!

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm wihtin three years! god i didnt htink it would be that long was about a year and a half ago (i think) when my gran was dying

ReputationRep:
    25th May 2005 - About 8:30pm and then again at about 10ish.

ReputationRep:
    Today.

:elefant:

ReputationRep:
    Riding in cars with boys made me cry! How strange.

ReputationRep:
    When I watched Shakespeare in Love, either last Tuesday or Wednesday morning. All films seem to make me cry, even if they're not particularly emotional. For example, I cried right at the beginning of the first Lord of the Rings film, just because it looked so amazing and ohmygod it was Lord of the Rings, lol.

ReputationRep:
    you dont have to cry. my boyfriend has cried once maybe twice in the three years i've known him. me i cry more often, the other night he made me cry repeatedly. we just kept talkign about upsetting things.

so long as you're releasing your emotions in a way that is healthy and works for you, you dont have to cry.

ReputationRep:
    Today. My girlfriend made me feel very special and it really made me happy - and thus, I cried, but happy tears.

ReputationRep:
    i cried through laughing sometime in the last 3 years i guess.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i cry through lauhging quite a lot too....normally that makes me laugh even more! What a viscious circle

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.