Turn on thread page Beta

What's the worst that could happen? watch

Can't be that bad, can it?

ReputationRep:
    I'd fail everything and not get into my uni...quite bad!

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to see if I can decline my grades so I won't have to put them on my UCAS form and do some resits next year, which isn't that bad but since I'm carrying on with 4 A2s, all of which involve a lot of work and 3 of which have coursework, I'd really rather not!

ReputationRep:
    I could DIE. DIE!!!

For A2 students a fair bit, for AS students like me, not much.

Even for A2 students not getting into their uni it's not that bad, my sister didn't make her grades and got 6/6 rejections but then Cardiff offered her a place...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I'll have to see if I can decline my grades so I won't have to put them on my UCAS form and do some resits next year, which isn't that bad but since I'm carrying on with 4 A2s, all of which involve a lot of work and 3 of which have coursework, I'd really rather not!
    Roughly the same as me - plus if I wanna do the Oxford thing then it would be sooo much better to do as well as poss in AS.

Saying that, no it will not be the end of the world if I don't do as well as I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I could DIE. DIE!!!
    She could die :burnout:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellow-yellow)
    Roughly the same as me - plus if I wanna do the Oxford thing then it would be sooo much better to do as well as poss in AS.

Saying that, no it will not be the end of the world if I don't do as well as I want.
    Same here if I wanna do the Cambridge thing, which will depend heavily on my results tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    ooh, the Cambridge thing - same here.

(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    You may fail everything and be forced to drop out of school. Your parents would be so ashamed that they kick you out and you must live on the streets. Your only source of income would come from selling your body for sex until you eventually catch some horrible disease which causes you to die a slow agonizing death whilst lying in the gutter, in the pouring rain on a cold night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I could DIE. DIE!!!
    You could get run over by a bus :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euripides)
    Cool, what are you thinking of applying for, and which college? MML (French and post-GCSE Spanish) at Sidney Sussex for me.

ReputationRep:
    yep , death might be on the cards.........

ReputationRep:
    AS results are more important for Cambridge students than Oxford students right now I'd say as Cambridge demand to see your UMS marks.

ReputationRep:
    My parents could shun me, I'd be thrown out, I'd have to live off the money that's currently in my bank (£5) and I'll end up living in a (very small) cardboard box outside Woolworths.

That's the worst that could happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euripides)

You may fail everything and be forced to drop out of school. Your parents would be so ashamed that they kick you out and you must live on the streets. Your only source of income would come from selling your body for sex until you eventually catch some horrible disease which causes you to die a slow agonizing death whilst lying in the gutter, in the pouring rain on a cold night.
    Now there's an unfortunate sequence of events.

I think this thread was a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnStuartMill)
    AS results are more important for Cambridge students than Oxford students right now I'd say as Cambridge demand to see your UMS marks.
    In terms of UMS marks yes, but Oxford & Cambridge applicants would find it equally helpful to get really good AS grades. Mainly because a) it confirms that you haven't been fooling yourself b) makes it easier next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Cool, what are you thinking of applying for, and which college? MML (French and post-GCSE Spanish) at Sidney Sussex for me.
    Cool. Classics at King's, unless I get terrible results tomorrow. And have to live on the streets...

ReputationRep:
    None of you considering oxbridge are going to get 'terrible' results now are you.. especially if you want to public school.. and noones going to fail, only 2% of people fail (and E is still a good grade, promise.. :P )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    no...
    it cannot...

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.