Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    If only us average students could make the news...

Beki who got her predicted grades of BCC said "oh my god oh my god i got in! wow oh my ****ing god i got in!"
    haha! :P, my thoughts exactly, why should it always be the exceptionally bright or stupid people who get in the papers? I wanna get my name printed for being exceptionally mediocre!

ReputationRep:
    I got grabbed by a reporter last year... and she quoted a teacher talking about a different student, making it look like I had done better than I had. Ho hum.

ReputationRep:
    I was in the paper last year. I nearly DIED when I saw the photo of me they put in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I was in the paper last year. I nearly DIED when I saw the photo of me they put in it
    i bet you framed it

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah I was in it, and did an interview as well. it was horrible, was so hot and everyone was squinting in the sun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    i bet you framed it
    I think not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    Hahaha

Students believe a level exams are getting harder. Beyonce Smith and Britney Gallagher believe their UUU(respectively) grades were not a good indication of how intellectual they are.

:eek: Is this a real quote!!!???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chamelean75)
    :eek: Is this a real quote!!!???
    I made it up for a joke lol

ReputationRep:
    LOL stupid me :toofunny: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chamelean75)
    LOL stupid me :toofunny: :p:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellow-yellow)
    Hahaha! Alternatively:

"I know now that I should have worked harder," said Gary who recently received an ASBO.
    LMAO! I will look out for that one..

ReputationRep:
    My Friends are in the paper.. Making friends with the Oxford/Cambridge hopefuls paid off.. Well I watched them got taken photos of :P But im well proud for em.

ReputationRep:
    i'm in it! got a call last night to be in school at 7am for the press...very early wake up call! but im so happy!

ReputationRep:
    I got dragged off the phone to my mum to have my picture taken! Luckily it was with one of my friends who got the same grades

ReputationRep:
    We had nice shiny yellow paper or "golden tickets" as we dubbed them in our envelopes which summoned the select few to gather for cheesy photos... we even had to jump in the air and wave our papers around.. rather embarassing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Savage Noodles)
    We had nice shiny yellow paper or "golden tickets" as we dubbed them in our envelopes which summoned the select few to gather for cheesy photos... we even had to jump in the air and wave our papers around.. rather embarassing!!
    So all those front-page pictures of gambolling students are cynically staged? Next you'll be telling me they give out onions to make you weep "with joy".

ReputationRep:
    Bleh, it was awful. The was told to get off the phone to my boyfriend by someone who didn't care about me, so he could take photos to show other people who didn't care. So very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    My name is going to be in the newspaper, which i really hate. I'm not sure about my picture - but when i opened my results, 3 photographers started taking pictures because my school told them what my grades were! I was so annoyed by that

ReputationRep:
    thats unfair, isn't results suppose to be private and confidential (sp?) to the student and maybe just some teachers to know ur results? I'd hate it if my teacher even knew my results, i can imagine me going into school and a dissappointed face of my teacher looking at me and i would be like

ReputationRep:
    Two local papers accosted me on results morning... possibly cos I go to a state comprehensive and got 6.5 A grades, but Im not sure they will put any quotes in considering when they asked how I felt when I looked at my results the initial response was 'to be honest... bloody amazed.' And when asked if I felt people had any right to claim A levels were getting easier, I said, amongst other things: 'I think all of these hazard journalists should either drop the issue-because it is circular and not going to ever be agreed upon, or go and get a real job.' The man interviewing me laughed, but I could tell he was reaching for the switchblade in his jacket pocket.

Either that, or they will say...

Robert, a polite and studious young man from the Boswells college today achieve 7 A grades at A level, and was said to be 'pleased'. I'll report on the misquoting that goes on if it gets published at all!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.