The Student Room Group

What's the One Thing they don't tell you to pack...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Hi guys im planning to transfer to chester uni in warrington, iv looked at the halls at warrington and they do not look nice, i was thinking to live in Liverpool or Manchester as they are better cites have many choices of halls to live for a cheap price, and they bouth are only 30mins train ride to the university. Is anyone else thinking to do this?
Reply 281
Original post by KFisch
I just saw that someone else made one of these...but I made one as well! It's an excel spread sheet, each sheet is a different section. I included everything I though would be useful from the wiki page on here, as well as any suggestions on the thread. I may have missed some, or didn't think they were important. But, if you have anything you think I should add, just leave it in the comments!

PS Sorry, some of the things listed are using American terms, but if you want me to switch them let me know.
PPS What the hell is squash...I haven't been able to figure that term out. When I Google it all is get is the sport...

EDIT: forgot the link....:facepalm: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmwXuQg73bLwdE1MdE9xQl9XaVFXQS01RW9Ka2YzX2c&usp=sharing

Cheese grater, how are u gonna have a cheese and beans jacket potato without one! It won't melt right
Original post by foxyamy
Earplugs in case your next door flatmate:

a) has sex at all hours of day and night
b) plays the same depressing radiohead song over and over again on full volume until you're convinced they're using it to mask the sounds of the knife on their wrists
c) invites round a bunch of friends that giggle like 12 year old girls until about 3am (did I mention they were all guys?)
d) spends at least one night a week hurling their guts up in their sink VERY loudly

this made me lol so much :biggrin:
Fancy dress bits and bobs!
Original post by princessnavi22
An extra bin for those hungover mornings when you just can't quite make it to the communal toilet..

definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 285
Tea towels
Plastic cups... For when you have people over (maybe plastic shot glasses too?) or for when you're too lazy to do the washing up.

Also, a hip-flask. SO incredibly useful you can't even imagine.
Reply 287
Original post by 122025278
A Bible

I always take a Bible when I travel I'll probably buy a crucifix for uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
Original post by Moskva
A copy of FIFA. It's essential in any university halls.

Sorry if this question is very stupid. But do you have to have your own Tv to play FIFA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tackla
Sorry if this question is very stupid. But do you have to have your own Tv to play FIFA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any game you're hoping to play on a console you'll need a visual display unit for such as a TV or monitor :smile:
Reply 290
Original post by British-Student
Any game you're hoping to play on a console you'll need a visual display unit for such as a TV or monitor :smile:

Oh Okay. Thanks :biggrin:
Paper. So much paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 292
A book with all the great recipes your mum or grandmother makes, cause at some point you will get bored of cheese toasties and beans and may have some money.
Original post by KentaKobashi
Anal Beads.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one has mentioned an umbrella, I think I'll need one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 295
A Spotify Premium account. Surely excellent for all the pre-drinking times!
Reply 296
Original post by Bonzo10
A Spotify Premium account. Surely excellent for all the pre-drinking times!

why not just use grooveshark ? does basically the same for free
Laxatives incase one of your room mates is an idiot who constantly make noise, gets drunk ect. You can easily slip it into a glass of coke or make some Brownies and mix in a load of laxatives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fabreeze
16 pages over three years and no one thinks to mention a sieve. Most student's spend their first year consisting on a diet of mainly pasta you're going to need a sieve.

Quick Reply

Latest