Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so with the A/AS level results in *glances at counter* 10 hours, 6 minutes, 15 seconds, and a random amount of milliseconds.... its got me thinking (something I didnt do the whole of last year)

I've just completed a year of AS. Without really thinking, I was taking media, computing, maths, business and oracle (a non As course). I gave up media shortly into the year because having more free periods sounded like fun. And randomly gave up on (but still took maths).

Considering the fact that I sat in the mechanics paper for maths learning pi to 10 decimal places and drawing pretty ascii patterns on my calculator... and took the other paper half heartedly... my chance of passing maths is 0.

So here's my situation... if everything went according to plan with computing and business, I have 2 AS levels and a pass in a subject I totally love (oracle!!) but as far as I can tell, doesnt really mean much =( Oracle students also took the exam in general studies (without ever taking the lessons!) but general studies means nothing lol

I would love to take some form of computer science at unversity (loughborough to be exact) but that needs maths, and around 300 points... which Im no where near and my school cant fit me in for an AS courses with my timetable for busines, comp and oracle... even if they did, thats still just one as level and im short of maths.

Soo does anyone have any advice lol. i was considering retaking the year, but then i'd have to sacrifice oracle which is my favourite subject because of the subject and because of the class im with! (i know i could take second year oracle in year 14 which would be my year 13)

If only my school gave all these university talks BEFORE i made loads of mistakes lol.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is oracle. Is that like predicting the future?

ReputationRep:
    lol! *clears throat and coughs a bit*

Oracle is the largest database company in the world.
    The lesson is basically creating ERDs (entity relation diagrams) and SQL in the first year, and then java in the second year. Fun stuff =D Its a bit like the online cisco course if you've heard of that lol

http://oracle.com
    http://academy.oracle.com

check out the school that did pretty darn well in both comps

ReputationRep:
    if u want to do computer science at uni u could do an a-level in ICT or an AVCE in ICT. either would be accepted but depending on ur choice of universities. one of my neighbours only done an avce ict and she got accepted at leeds university to do computer science and shes doing well at uni.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.