Turn on thread page Beta

The waste of human life, and the enemies of civil society. watch

ReputationRep:
    Also known as Chavs.

This is something people often joke about and like to take the piss about, but I feel it is serious, and something needs to be done about their growth before there is nothing left of the society that we have grown to love.

I've just got back from a dinner party at a friends house who lives in Middlesbrough, her area is nice, but I couldn't get a lift home because my parents are out so had to get a train. This required a 20minute walk through the city centre (+ just outside city areas) and it was quite horrific. I have never seen such disgusting human beings in my life, some of the sights were beyond the average chav... people hobbling around with bottles wearing hoods over their faces and circling around phoneboxes on childrens bikes, joining gangs of around 10, standing in the middle of roads, looking at you menacingly...

Quite horrific. Well, I tucked my white headphones away anyway!

Sometimes I feel like I'd rather walk through a Zoo full of tigers than pass some of these wasteful failures of western society.
    If it was down to me, all chavs would be deported, the extent of the chav revolution is unbearable, and far more destructive and evil than I think anybody had first anticipated.

I ask Tony Blair to sort this out NOW. On my 20minute walk through the centre of this city I astonishingly never came across one police officer, only one van that passed. This is not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    You've only just found this out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    You've only just found this out?
    I've never seen anything like that before, I must have passed about 120 chavs altogether.
    What is happening to our cities?

We need to get these people off our streets now, arrest the little peasants for being ugly or something. Besides, aren't the police supposed to intervene if gangs of 10+ start crowding an area?
    I find it VERY intimidating, gawd knows what more vunerable people feel like...

ReputationRep:
    I usually tend to just ignore them - avoid eye contact, etc..

Chav-culling should be legalised though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    What is happening to our cities?
    it's been happening since the dawn of time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    I usually tend to just ignore them - avoid eye contact, etc..

Chav-culling should be legalised though..
    I'm serious... these people need some proper discipline.

This is what happens when we allow people to live off the state, and roam our streets without hassle. They take over, and turn our greatest urban spaces into nests of fear and hatred.

I wouldn't mind swapping these chavvy peasants for some immigrants actually. Drop them in Africa (and i mean drop, at 1,00ft) and see how they cope in a society where there is real hard discipline, and a body of people that will not take crap from scrawny little pests.

Taxpayers money is probably funding their constant supply of smack and lambrini bottles.
    For a city that has cut crime by 50% in the last 2 years, I was shocked to see so many savages roaming the streets in such great numbers. Hell, what it must have been like 2 years ago is beyond my imagination.

Every day people are mugged, attacked, raped and even murdered by these people, and its about time we used the force of the law to control this contamination of society.

Okay, I think I have fully vented my frustration now... Next time i'll just get a taxi. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm serious... these people need some proper discipline.

This is what happens when we allow people to live off the state, and roam our streets without hassle. They take over, and turn our greatest urban spaces into nests of fear and hatred.

I wouldn't mind swapping these chavvy peasants for some immigrants actually. Drop them in Africa (and i mean drop, at 1,00ft) and see how they cope in a society where there is real hard discipline, and a body of people that will not take crap from scrawny little pests.

Taxpayers money is probably funding their constant supply of smack and lambrini bottles.
    For a city that has cut crime by 50% in the last 2 years, I was shocked to see so many savages roaming the streets in such great numbers. Hell, what it must have been like 2 years ago is beyond my imagination.

Every day people are mugged, attacked, raped and even murdered by these people, and its about time we used the force of the law to control this contamination of society.

Okay, I think I have fully vented my frustration now... Next time i'll just get a taxi. :rolleyes:
    Maybe the next Bill you submit in TSR Parliament should be an anti-Chav Bill then?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't the police arrest them for loitering?

ReputationRep:
    Also known as Chavs.

This is something people often joke about and like to take the piss about, but I feel it is serious, and something needs to be done about their growth before there is nothing left of the society that we have grown to love.

I've just got back from a dinner party at a friends house who lives in Middlesbrough, her area is nice, but I couldn't get a lift home because my parents are out so had to get a train. This required a 20minute walk through the city centre (+ just outside city areas) and it was quite horrific. I have never seen such disgusting human beings in my life, some of the sights were beyond the average chav... people hobbling around with bottles wearing hoods over their faces and circling around phoneboxes on childrens bikes, joining gangs of around 10, standing in the middle of roads, looking at you menacingly...

Quite horrific. Well, I tucked my white headphones away anyway!

Sometimes I feel like I'd rather walk through a Zoo full of tigers than pass some of these wasteful failures of western society.
    If it was down to me, all chavs would be deported, the extent of the chav revolution is unbearable, and far more destructive and evil than I think anybody had first anticipated.

I ask Tony Blair to sort this out NOW. On my 20minute walk through the centre of this city I astonishingly never came across one police officer, only one van that passed. This is not good enough.
    1- Are u ok mr ? :hugs:
    2- Aree 100%, round are way they just cause havoic, the police seem to be unable to control it, i aint old but even wen i was younger my mum wouldnt let me hang around streets meh

ReputationRep:
    You haven't realy suggested anything that the government can do. Unfortunately we can't do anything until they break the law, and to have 1 police officer for 100 chavs is unrealistic. Besides, the police can't be everywhere, please spare me the 'police spend to much time behind desks doing paperwork' routine

I like the Chav culling idea though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will)
    Why don't the police arrest them for loitering?
    They probably have the power to, but don't bother with it, allowing our streets to decay and descend into chaos, riddled with filth and misery.

The police probably wouldn't have done anything, but then there wasn't any around anyway. After walking 3 miles through a busy city centre, with chavs popping out from every corner, I was gobsmacked not to have seen one police officer.

I will be writing to that cities mayor to ask what they are doing to control violence and the causes of violence late at night, because it looks like they are doing very little.

Jesus, people are crying out for the values of British culture to be emphasised more, but it is nearly impossible when all you see as you walk through the town is wasteful, drugged up arse holes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    I like the Chav culling idea though.
    You should get tax rebates depending on you many you slaughter.

ReputationRep:
    argh!

ReputationRep:
    There is some remedies, a few might include:

- Better lighting (chavs tend to congregate in the darker areas) and these dark areas are often part of an essential route. Having to walk in a pedestrianised area (therefore no activity at all late at night) in the pitch black, with nothing but the silhouettes of scrawny cap wearing beasts in front and behind you for company, is NOT a very pleasant experience, and you feel very vunerable.

- MORE POLICE, I still can not believe that I walked through a city centre for 20minutes at 9:30pm, and did not see one police officer. Absolutely unacceptable.

- More surveillance, people need to be on camera so that the police (wherever they are) can locate the potential troublemakers and monitor them

- Better provision of existing laws regarding large groups... Gangs quite casually unite and seek to harass passers by.

ReputationRep:
    National Service?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...488120,00.html

For anyone who wants a laugh (and for anyone who still insists the Times deserves it's prestigious reputation).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    National Service?
    good- but ive got a better idea. the posh people can replace fox hunting with chav hunting.

ReputationRep:
    I see my fair share of Chavs in Nottingham, normally drunk/stoned always seemingly looking for trouble. Always in big groups.

I'm happy to vote for any measure to keep them off the streets.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you people are obsessed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you people are obsessed!
    When was the last time you thought twice about walking through town at night because of them?

Should you ever have to think like that?

Andrew

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.