Turn on thread page Beta

which song has changed your life or holds important memories to you? watch

ReputationRep:
    i just wondered which song......ever.....had the biggest impact on ppls lives :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that there's ONE song that's changed my life, but there are many songs that remind me of certain people or a particular time, for example, when I've been on holiday, had a really good night out, met someone, been dumped... I have songs to listen to when I'm down that cheer me up (or make me feel worse, depending) or some to listen to which puts your mind in focus before an important event, such as a job interview. Anyway, I'll shut up now I'm talking rubbish (which probably bears no relation to the actual subject of the tread!) :rolleyes:

Can you have your life changed by a song?!

ReputationRep:
    i suppose a song can change your life, it can help you through sad times, i.e. it can cheer you up. some songs by reel big fish and bowling for soup really cheer me up.

ReputationRep:
    The Simpsons - Do The Bartman or Kylie Minogue - I Should Be So Lucky when I was 8 and 9.

They made me want to start to buy albums.

ReputationRep:
    More recently Counting Crows - Amy Hit The Atmosphere
    The first time I heard a song that made me want to lie on my bed and do nothing but listen to it. Plus it's pretty miserable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about a specific song but the Coldplay albums Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head really helped through a tough time in my life. I suppose if I had to pick one song though it would be Coldplay ~ Shiver. That song still holds so much meaning for me even today.

ReputationRep:
    Alanis Morissette's 'Ironic' and 'You learn' have helped me thru' some really depressing times in my life...her song 'Thank you' gives me goose bumps whenever i listen to it...

JEW hear you me

ReputationRep:
    there is this song called *universal prayer* by tizziano ferro and jamelia that I like
    this is my favourite verse:
    All you gotta do is believe
    anything you want you can reach
    there is no limit to what we could be
    so open your eyes and send yourself free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    JEW hear you me
    yeah i second that one
    such a beautiful yet sad song

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you can't make it on your own by U2...might not be the best song ever...but it will allways remind me off recieving my exam results, and getting a feeling that i'd "made it"

ReputationRep:
    Prodigy - Smack My ***** Up got me into electronica and I'm now about to do a degree in Music Technology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remote)
    Prodigy - Smack My ***** Up got me into electronica and I'm now about to do a degree in Music Technology
    When I first read what song you put I thought you meant it reminded you of your first spurt of Domestic Violence :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    When I first read what song you put I thought you meant it reminded you of your first spurt of Domestic Violence :rolleyes:

:toofunny: thats what I thought at first ..

ReputationRep:
    Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album got me listening to metal...

ReputationRep:
    South park the movie, end credits, what would brian botano do rock version

I NEVER SEEN A MAN EAT SO MANY CHICKEN WINGS!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Feel The Feal by Geri Halliwell - That song made me go back and do the final year which I will start next month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hossy!)
    Feel The Feal by Geri Halliwell - That song made me go back and do the final year which I will start next month!
    A more suitable soundtrack would be from Karate kid....

You;r the best, around, no-ones ever gonna put you down!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    :ditto: Now theyre my fave band.

(Original post by heminder)
    i love them:love:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.