yvaiine
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey drama geeks
My class and I are very confused.
We were told by our teacher that we would have to answer questions on the two set texts and write another paper on an unseen text. However, after searching on the spec, none of us can find any mention of an unseen text anywhere.

We've only got one exam on our timetable, and that's 2 hours long - the length of the set text paper. There's no evidence of another exam on there, and 2 hours isn't long enough to answer both set text questions and the unseen text.

Does the unseen text paper still exist or was it taken out in the new spec?

ANY help would be much appreciated as we have to let our exams office know by midday tomorrow if we're missing an exam.

x
skunky x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As far as my exam is concerned, you're supposed to have studied two texts and there is two questions in one paper, that is two hours long.

I'm doing AQA as well, so it would make sense.

They're one's a 'How would you direct the given extract of 'insert text here''
And the other is 'How would you direct [insert character from other text here] in three/two scenes of the given text'.
yvaiine
Rep:
?
(Original post by skunky x)
As far as my exam is concerned, you're supposed to have studied two texts and there is two questions in one paper, that is two hours long.

I'm doing AQA as well, so it would make sense.

They're one's a 'How would you direct the given extract of 'insert text here''
And the other is 'How would you direct [insert character from other text here] in three/two scenes of the given text'.
I know what we have to do in the set texts exam.
It's just that our teacher spent a couple of our lessons studying the 'unseen text' questions and now we're worried that we're missing an exam from a timetable. But it's not on the spec on the AQA website. Confuuuused. I think my teacher may be going loopy.
skunky x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Me too. On the basis, I have never been told any of this... =/
hollyhollywood92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
there is no unseen text paper this year, that was on the old spec last year. What i'm confused with is how on earth you write about dramatic intensions of play, themes of play, dramatic intensions of given scene, themes of given scene, casting, acting, set, costume, lighitng and sound in detail with detailed diagrams in 1 hour! It's ridonculous.
yvaiine
Rep:
?
(Original post by hollyhollywood92)
there is no unseen text paper this year, that was on the old spec last year.
I KNEW IT
Haha, sorry, it's just my drama group will be VERY pleased to know that we don't have to do that
lucyluuxo
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
hey
i did DRAM3 in january...you study 2 plays and write about both, no unseen ones
we did, servant of 2 masters and view from the bridge

and got an A xx
maddielouxx
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lucyluuxo)
hey
i did DRAM3 in january...you study 2 plays and write about both, no unseen ones
we did, servant of 2 masters and view from the bridge

and got an A xx
Hey, I too took the paper in January and will be taking it next week again. I got something like 91 which was a B and I really need more marks to achieve an overall B in the whole A level. The text that let me down was the 'Servant to to Masters' text. I REALLY find this one difficult. I see you are doing that text too, do you mind if you emailed me with a few tips on this text? It would mean a lot and CONGRATS on your A!
xx
lucyluuxo
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by maddielouxx)
Hey, I too took the paper in January and will be taking it next week again. I got something like 91 which was a B and I really need more marks to achieve an overall B in the whole A level. The text that let me down was the 'Servant to to Masters' text. I REALLY find this one difficult. I see you are doing that text too, do you mind if you emailed me with a few tips on this text? It would mean a lot and CONGRATS on your A!
xx

hey
yeah it is really hard!
well what i found that really helped, was i got those coloured sticky tabs, and stuck them in my book at relevant key moments,
eg- i'd stick a red one everytime Truff and Smerl were in a scene together...i found that it saved so much time in the exam, as i didn't faf around trying to find the moment in the play.
Annotating also helps alot,
and defo try and re-read the play at least 3 times...just so you get youre head around the play
thats basically all i did...you got 91, i got 101...so only 10 more!
good luck

xxx
maddielouxx
Report 11 years ago
Thanks so much, I know 10 more! How annoying, it just means i have to do as well as I did but better aha. Thanks for your help, my book looks like a rainbows hit it. I have a funny feeling it might be something about the lovers, possibly about Beatrice or something. THANKS. x
hplummer1
Report 11 years ago
I REALLY HOPE IT ISN'T ABOUT BEATRICE. Taking this exam tomorrow morning and I NEED an A, can somebody who took the January exam by any chance tell me what the questions were for Servant To Two Masters and Good Person of Szechuan if you did either of those? THANKYOU!
mixyla
Report 11 years ago
to hplummer1- Hi Hayley!! It's Michaela. Lol. what a coincidence. At least I think you're Hayley... sorry if you're not, you just happen to be studying the same plays as my class and have the same surname as a friend of mine.

Anyway. Yeah I'd really like to know what the January questions were... I'm really hoping for a question on the opening or The Good Person of Szechwan.. and I'm realy failing with everything about a Servant to Two Masters... does anyone have any examiner tips or anything cause I can't find any
mixyla
Report 11 years ago
p.s. apparently one of the Jan questions for a servant to two masters was on smeraldina and truffaldino so that won't come up again
hplummer1
Report 11 years ago
Hey Michaela!
maddielouxx
Report 11 years ago
I cannot believe A Servant to Two was about Florindo, FAIL.
Elsagrace21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
is there any chance you'd be able to send me any pracice essays you did for A View from the Bridge? im doing it myself this year xx
zoewaterfield
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elsagrace21)
is there any chance you'd be able to send me any pracice essays you did for A View from the Bridge? im doing it myself this year xx
I'm doing A View From The Bridge too, any chance but you're doing Lady Windermere's Fan also?
SpencerrZ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions for the 2017 A2 paper for Servant of Two Masters? I'm doing View From the Bridge Also
Hannahgregan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone have any practice essays for a view from the bridge or a servant to two masters I'm reining but haven't been in school this year and have lost all my notes so all i have is what i can find online, i dont have a teacher so reeeaaally need help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (171)
44.19%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.27%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.45%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed