Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by encri)
    Of course, all the files and databases could already be uploaded and just sealed off. Personally I'd really doubt UCAS would wait until the last few hours before uploading everything in case something went wrong.

I predict the data was uploaded a few hours ago and it's just waiting for the grand switch-on now. Which is whenever UCAS want it to be.

I wish it would hurry though
    To support the theory of a creature ready to turn it on maybe wrong, but your theory seems to be correct.

check this bit out:

Date/time 18 Aug 2005 03:21:11.312

the time changes when u refresh, i think at 07:00:00:00 it'll switch on.

ReputationRep:
    well im gonna try and get a bit more sleep, will be back at 4am prob lol, maybe same thing'll happen and they'll be some activity on ucas site whilst im gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    To support the theory of a creature ready to turn it on maybe wrong, but your theory seems to be correct.

check this bit out:

Date/time 18 Aug 2005 03:21:11.312

the time changes when u refresh, i think at 07:00:00:00 it'll switch on.
    Indeed. The bit which makes me think it's already uploaded is the fact that the "server is not running" - it's not moaning about missing files or databases - so they could be all sorted and ready - and whenever UCAS decide to enable it (either manually or on an automatic timer, e.g. 7am), the server will start.

Just my opinion. Prepared to be shot down in flames.

ReputationRep:
    lol, TSR is quite a big student forum... The big guy in charge at UCAS could be reading this laughing now, knowing that he's not going to bother for another 3 hours.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by encri)
    Indeed. The bit which makes me think it's already uploaded is the fact that the "server is not running" - it's not moaning about missing files or databases - so they could be all sorted and ready - and whenever UCAS decide to enable it (either manually or on an automatic timer, e.g. 7am), the server will start.

Just my opinion. Prepared to be shot down in flames.
    I don't think the files can already be loaded onto the server as it appears the update is still taking place!
    That makes me think it won't be up till 7am..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    I don't think the files can already be loaded onto the server as it appears the update is still taking place!
    That makes me think it won't be up till 7am..
    We don't actually know the update is taking place - there's no dynamic information to show this, apart from their "upgrading" message...which could (and probably is) just be a placeholder until they decide to turn it on. I genuinely don't believe anything is actually being "uploaded" as we speak.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, see attacked.
    Looking at your screenshots, You need to get the latest firefox!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThugzMansion7)
    Looking at your screenshots, You need to get the latest firefox!!
    Hehe I know I know, dunno what's better about it though and i'm happy with this one! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    lol, TSR is quite a big student forum... The big guy in charge at UCAS could be reading this laughing now, knowing that he's not going to bother for another 3 hours.. :rolleyes:
    If he is, i hope the guy don't take offence of me calling him a creature. Do not screw up my results mystery guy lol... then again this guy doesn't know my real name :cool:

@ Becca - i think when you come back, some action on the site will sort, seems like everytime u come back something good happens

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I know I know, dunno what's better about it though and i'm happy with this one! :p:
    erm......security updates!!!!!!! get moving now and download the new one! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThugzMansion7)
    erm......security updates!!!!!!! get moving now and download the new one! :rolleyes:
    Meh - security, I will do it tomorrow, just for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    If he is, i hope the guy don't take offence of me calling him a creature. Do not screw up my results mystery guy lol... then again this guy doesn't know my real name :cool:

@ Becca - i think when you come back, some action on the site will sort, seems like everytime u come back something good happens
    hi nas...couldn't sleep? - i'm waiting for track, lol...whilst preparing some clearing list...got numbers of the best unis for courses i want

better be safe than sorry!

phil

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt it will be dead on 7... It will be early or late if you ask me... I think that was just an approx time, I phone UCAS and asked for a time and they said Thursday morning. No 7am or anything like that... I think that is just people presuming and the most popular prosumption... I have heard like 12, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9:30, 11 so far :P

I am gonna watch Jet Li's Unleashed... which I did not download "whistle" while I wait... adverts look awesome, you guys seen them? :O

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go watch some boxing videos then the apprentice [recorded] then maybe, just maybe i'll go sleep.

Good luck guys, don't stay up too late!

ReputationRep:
    Do you think there's a little man at UCAS offices sitting there right now, presuambley on overtime,in the middle of the night, ready to put his digit on the right button to reinstate the Track?

ReputationRep:
    If my first choice is on clearing list, that is a good thing right? Means there is spaces I could get on if I was say a grade under?

ReputationRep:
    Nas, UK apprentice or USA one???

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm off to sleep, till 6.45 when i'll be back!

Good luck y'all

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm off to sleep, till 6.45 when i'll be back!

Good luck y'all
    same!

Btw...do i have to have my CEF form with me until i can ring the uni's in clearing about wanting to hold a place there?

ReputationRep:
    back to 17th bit now I am gonna go watch more TV and sulk!!! No point in 2 hours sleep... will make you more tired than staying up all night...

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.