Cambridge! Cambridge! Cambridge! Watch

This discussion is closed.
princess-renamed
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
this thread about cambridge is JUST to say if u have or have not got a reply from them yet (if yes then if uve been accepted or rejected etc) no changing the subject n tlking about the colleges etc JUST whether uve herd from then, cuz i applied to Girton to study economics n am getting SO impatient its unreal! cheers n good luck y'all
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I applied to Girton too (for Maths). Should hear tomorrow if the postman does his job properly.
Saintsin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ok since I have recived the letter earlier than anyone from a mature college I shall start.

Accepted
Computer Science
Hughes Hall

Good luck to all on the 31st it could be the happiest last day of the year, I know that I will celebrate better now.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Congrats on getting an offer.
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Congratulations Saintsin.

I probably won't get any letter for ages because my post has been so bloody slow lately. I wasn't thrilled with my interview though, so I'm not getting my hopes up anyway.
Saintsin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
Congrats on getting an offer.
Thanks 85ah11, good luck to you if you are waiting for the Cambridge letter tomorrow, if you are what subject?
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am - just a few hours to wait now. I've applied for striaght Maths.
JRDH
Report 15 years ago
Ive applid to queens to do straight economics, i dunno what the outcome will be because of my gcse results, fingers crossed ey
figgetyfig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmmm, 8 hrs till my post comes. st cats, engineering, and i'm guessing a no because my maths isnt as good as most people who apply for engineering. but having said that, the interview wasnt too bad, i got straight As in my AS-levels, and 8A*s 1A 1B for GCSE. Hope it balances out.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JRDH)
Ive applid to queens to do straight economics, i dunno what the outcome will be because of my gcse results, fingers crossed ey
I applied for Law at Downing. I have the worst GCSE grades ever heard of. Yet I got 6As for AS so it's not that bad. Did you have to submit your marks as well? They gave me this form asking for my marks not only the grades.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My modular scores will be my downfall, it angers me (So will me interview).

Maths, Clare.
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
My modular scores will be my downfall, it angers me (So will me interview).

Maths, Clare.
My modular scores are my only saving grace. I'm one of those people that worried the teachers sick coz' I predicted myself to get AABBCD for AS and when I didn't, I had to chop off an entire foot of hair. So now I'm hairless and hoping that Cambridge recognise that *winks*
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
My modular scores are my only saving grace. I'm one of those people that worried the teachers sick coz' I predicted myself to get AABBCD for AS and when I didn't, I had to chop off an entire foot of hair. So now I'm hairless and hoping that Cambridge recognise that *winks*
Heh I've known people with evil friends who die their hair green against their will the night before their interview, (yah they got in).

Around three hours to go I guess. I'm in San Francisco right now, so it's like 10pm, I guess you're all sleeping and stuff, I'mw ondering whether to stay up and call home, or goto bed, and save the emotion until tomorrow. I don't really wanna goto sleep on bad news, and I won't be going to sleep on good news. I hate the inevitable.
akk713
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
I applied for Law at Downing. I have the worst GCSE grades ever heard of. Yet I got 6As for AS so it's not that bad. Did you have to submit your marks as well? They gave me this form asking for my marks not only the grades.
when was your interview I might have seen you!!
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by akk713)
when was your interview I might have seen you!!
11th December About noon time. Can't remember the details anymore
princess-renamed
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
got my letter this morning, i got rejected owell!
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by princess)
got my letter this morning, i got rejected owell!
sorry
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (166)
70.94%
No I haven't decided yet (40)
17.09%
Yes but I might change my mind (28)
11.97%

Watched Threads