Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Talk in here about Imperial College if you're going/want to go there.

I'm going next year (2004) to study MSci Physics with a Year in Europe. Should be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Talk in here about Imperial College if you're going/want to go there.

I'm going next year (2004) to study MSci Physics with a Year in Europe. Should be good
    This "year in Europe", I know you are going to germany, but you can only speak gcse standard, so why bother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    This "year in Europe", I know you are going to germany, but you can only speak gcse standard, so why bother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    because in the 1st and 2nd year you have language classes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Imperial is running a exchange program with melborn uni...that would be nice..

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer to read chemical engineering. Does anyone know anything about this subject at IC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    I got an offer to read chemical engineering. Does anyone know anything about this subject at IC?
    same....what was your offer? i heard imperial has amazing facilities for chemcial engineering...

ReputationRep:
    edders did u get like a list of open day/interview days for physics when u went there?, if ya did ,when was the last day for em, cause i haven't heard n e thing from them they might have lost my application

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend goes to Imperial (affectionately known to him and his friends as Gimperial) to do Msc Biochemistry. If you need any info i can find out for you :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    edders did u get like a list of open day/interview days for physics when u went there?, if ya did ,when was the last day for em, cause i haven't heard n e thing from them they might have lost my application
    just give the physics admissions office a ring on 020 7594 7513

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    same....what was your offer? i heard imperial has amazing facilities for chemcial engineering...
    39 points in total for IB (I wonder if you know what it is, it's equivalent to A-levels) with 6,6,6 (7 the highest possible score) for my higher level subjects (math, physics and chem) your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    i heard imperial has amazing facilities for chemcial engineering...
    It does - one of my brother's friends studies chemical engineering at IC and he said the course was really well structured, good facilities & it is really fun to study at IC

ReputationRep:
    My brother and my sister-in-law did their MSc for Chemical Engineering at Imperial College but I don't think he liked it very much, apparently it's very boring to study, despite them coming 1st and 2nd in the class!, but probably because it was actually computing that he wanted to go into. It is an extremely good degree to come out with though, all his friends have gone into banking, accountancy and he is a computer consultant.

Anyway I'm going into Biochemistry with Management at IC, does anyone know anything bout this or the facilities and buildings? And does anyone know how flexible the degrees are? Like, could I change on to a different degree once I get there, if I wanted to do a masters degree instead of BSc for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    My boyfriend goes to Imperial (affectionately known to him and his friends as Gimperial) to do Msc Biochemistry. If you need any info i can find out for you :-)
    Gimp...? Well edders, theres nothing wrong there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    39 points in total for IB (I wonder if you know what it is, it's equivalent to A-levels) with 6,6,6 (7 the highest possible score) for my higher level subjects (math, physics and chem) your offer?
    3Bs in maths physics and chem....

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me abou' the electronic engineering there !!!!
    i have my interview lined up in jan.in the end of jan..and i am really confused.

ReputationRep:
    edders: congrats!! wow.. i'm also applying for physics msci to imperial (just the general physics though). i havent heard about their decision (really want to get in!).

i'm just wondering, is your offer conditional? what's their offer if you dont mind?

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer at ICL, for Computing M(something, Eng i think lol). Have just taken it as my firm offer (sent of statement of decisions today )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    can someone tell me abou' the electronic engineering there !!!!
    i have my interview lined up in jan.in the end of jan..and i am really confused.
    What would you like to know? My brother studies electronic engineering at IC (he's in his first year) and he loves it there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    because in the 1st and 2nd year you have language classes :rolleyes:
    To be perfectly honest Edders; unless you are at a fluent stage by then (which will only be obtained by staying in Deutschland for prolonged periods) you will lose much in lectures. Thus you are liable to drop your grade in this year,

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.