The Imperial College social room :) Watch

This discussion is closed.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
To be perfectly honest Edders; unless you are at a fluent stage by then (which will only be obtained by staying in Deutschland for prolonged periods) you will lose much in lectures. Thus you are liable to drop your grade in this year,
I agree, it's not easy to speak another language let alone 'learn' a subject in another language. A lot of effort would have to be put in to really appreciate the lectures etc.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by aliel)
I agree, it's not easy to speak another language let alone 'learn' a subject in another language. A lot of effort would have to be put in to really appreciate the lectures etc.
Plus, the work would be tough enough by then without having the (technical) language barrier.
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Plus, the work would be tough enough by then without having the (technical) language barrier.

Indeed it is!
frappucino
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hey everybody!! i got offers to study both biochem w/management and biotech at imperial. the offer was a 1.2 in the abitur w/14 (or 15) in chemistry (that's hella high i must say...)

i actually decided i don;t wanna study biochem w/m but biotech. so i was wondering of it's possible to change into the year in industry/research program once i'm in? i'd really like to spend a year abroad doing research!!
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have an unconditional to read Maths with Mathematical Physics at Imperial in October, but I'm still deciding between Imp and Bristol - see thread in this subforum.
lovely_girl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
akk713 , my father is a lecturer in chemical engineering at imperial, so if you give me your email address, i can tell you more! Also, i help with admitting students(1st year undergraduates), so i can probably get you in, hehe))
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
who would want to goto Imperial College? I know it is amazing for some subjects but there's no birds and u will end up spending 4 years with only a bunch of nerdy guys who will say things like 'eehhhhhh there is inner beauty in mathematics' and 'ehhh i spent 2 months overclocking my processor,' to keep u company.
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lovely_girl)
akk713 , my father is a lecturer in chemical engineering at imperial, so if you give me your email address, i can tell you more! Also, i help with admitting students(1st year undergraduates), so i can probably get you in, hehe))
is the course very hard.......i thought that the grades required would be an indication of the difficulty of the course AND the demand.....me offer was just 3Bs in maths physics n chem....is tthis course not in demand?
frappucino
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
are there any international students here who will be going to imperial?

and lovelygirl, since you're in admissions, is it unusual to admit students without an interview?
Trivance
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by frappucino)

and lovelygirl, since you're in admissions, is it unusual to admit students without an interview?
i will go there to study math.
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

yes i am international student....i didnt have to do interview or send of any work...got offer for 3Bs...i live in qatar and do a levels...
frappucino
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
yes i am international student....i didnt have to do interview or send of any work...got offer for 3Bs...i live in qatar and do a levels...
what will you be studying?
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
there seem to be alot of international students destined for Imperial...
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
there seem to be alot of international students destined for Imperial...
It has a high percentage of international students. Not as high as LSE, but quite a bit higher than Oxford and Cambridge. Something like 30%.
toxi
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
It has a high percentage of international students. Not as high as LSE, but quite a bit higher than Oxford and Cambridge. Something like 30%.
As far as I know, many people from my country (cyprus) choose imperial...
It's not just because of the high standards, I think its because many of them just like being in London...
I'm not really sure, although I'm applying for imperial too!
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what will you be studying?
chemical engineering.
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lovely_girl)
thanks lovely girl, check you PM
frappucino
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i like studying in a diverse environment...maybe other international students think the same...
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i like studying in a diverse environment...maybe other international students think the same...
Hmmm right I wanna go to cambridge though...
that's why I'm considering to take a year off and reapply or siimply go for Imperial...
struggling
frappucino
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by akk713)
Hmmm right I wanna go to cambridge though...
that's why I'm considering to take a year off and reapply or siimply go for Imperial...
struggling
to tell you the truth, i don't really understand how they will accept me/you/anyone a year later. if they don't want you they don't if they do they do. what could possibly change within a year that would make them change their mind? i say go for imperial bcoz london is THE place to be...but again, that's just me...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (698)
80.51%
Leave (169)
19.49%

Watched Threads