Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone i jus logged on2 the wap service of track and this is what it says - UCL is still as CF, i dont get it? am i rejected or accepted? shall i ring them up? but i dont have my results yet. My insurance changed to UF and i need 3 Cs for that, so does that mean i got three Cs or above? Am worried about my firm now...what can i do? help anyone pls

ReputationRep:
    Basically, you are definitely into your firm.

Now when you find out your results, and they aren't way off your firm offer, then you call up your firm and try and blag your way in...

ReputationRep:
    really????? i so hope your right! thanks for replying : ) so i guess i should wait til my results huh x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *tasha*)
    really????? i so hope your right! thanks for replying : ) so i guess i should wait til my results huh x
    yeah...

The wait is killing me too...

ReputationRep:
    the same for me but should we ring when we have the results?

ReputationRep:
    whats UF? unsuccessful?

ReputationRep:
    UF is unconditional firm sorry i meant my insurance has changed to UI as in unconditional imsurance. Cant ring UCL for another 10 mins, they dont open till 9

ReputationRep:
    That's the same for me - Durham is unconditional now, but Cambridge still says conditional - I guess it's good news that I'm actually going though, so I'm happy!

ReputationRep:
    If nothing has changed on the tracker, is it likely to in the near future, or is it now dependent on me getting my grades and ringing up the university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    When do you get your results?

It's best to have them on hand when your ring - without them they may be unwilling to tell you anything (confidentiality agreements etc etc)
    get my results st 11, should i really wait that long? what if they gove my place away or aomething? im scared...

ReputationRep:
    one question PQ: I did Business Studies with CIE (international cambridge)... would they have got that result? because in my UCAS track it still says Conditional offer... firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Most uni's will only transmit updates to UCAS overnight so the best way to find out what is happening at your uni's right now is to contact them. The grades are useful because it means if you only missed by a few marks you can tell them (they wont know).

It might be worth ringing now - but they probably wont tell you much without your grades...they might be able to tell you if you're one of the 5% who didn't get their complete results sent through by UCAS - but they wont tell you what those grades are.

ok thanks for your help PQ. *takes a deep breath* ok im going to ring the uni now. Will let you know what happens x

ReputationRep:
    ok well its official i didnt make it into my firm i guess if it says CF still theyl reject u, and i even thought i had a chance. The woman kept apologising but she kept saying theres nothing they can do. I blagged as id never blagged before but no. I think il go cry now.

ReputationRep:
    how about ur insuracne...p.s do u have ur grades? i dnt yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    If nothing has changed on the tracker, is it likely to in the near future, or is it now dependent on me getting my grades and ringing up the university?
    mines the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sum1_86)
    how about ur insuracne...p.s do u have ur grades? i dnt yet

my insurance was a mistake basically, i panicked when i thought we had to put an insurance down...dont ask. So am going to try and get released from them and try through clearing now. Nope the lady didnt tel me my grades just sed i missed my firm offer grades which were BBB. My insurance were CCC so am guessing got somewhere in that vicinity.

ReputationRep:
    ok well its official i didnt make it into my firm i guess if it says CF still theyl reject u, and i even thought i had a chance. The woman kept apologising but she kept saying theres nothing they can do. I blagged as id never blagged before but no. I think il go cry now.
    Awww... :hugs: What about your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    my insurance was a mistake basically, i panicked when i thought we had to put an insurance down...dont ask. So am going to try and get released from them and try through clearing now. Nope the lady didnt tel me my grades just sed i missed my firm offer grades which were BBB. My insurance were CCC so am guessing got somewhere in that vicinity.
    I would go get your results first and then see where you can go from there.

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you everyone
    If i manage to get released from my insurance, how do i go about gettin a CEF thingy-majigy? Wil i have to tel ucas i got released or wil they? Do you think it likely my insurance wil let me go? Sorry questions questions....

ReputationRep:
    Well for anyone whose firm hasnt changed or any of them hasnt changed...I called UCAS a moment ago and they told me that unis confirm their offers at different times...

She said when you get the results if you still aren't sure call them up...

SO dont despair just yet....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.