Turn on thread page Beta

What's your fave perfume atm? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    I love J'adore by Dior :love: ...hehe it says it in the name
    Me too , though obviously on the girlfriend not on myself :love: . I'm still wearing the same (although not the same bottle ) Calvin Klein (not sure exactly what type, comes in a black, metal dispenser) I've been wearing for a year or two.

Anybody doesn't know any similar-smelling perfumes to J'adore do they, I want to get my girlfriend something, but not something that she already has . Either something that's close to J'adore, or anything thats nice and summery and fruity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clueless?)
    Me too , though obviously on the girlfriend not on myself :love: . I'm still wearing the same (although not the same bottle ) Calvin Klein (not sure exactly what type, comes in a black, metal dispenser) I've been wearing for a year or two.

Anybody doesn't know any similar-smelling perfumes to J'adore do they, I want to get my girlfriend something, but not something that she already has . Either something that's close to J'adore, or anything thats nice and summery and fruity.
    ooh you have good taste Try Estee Lauder's Pleasures - it also has that yummy summer fruit and flowers smell. Or if you stick with the original, there's J'adore Body Lotion and Shower Gel that she might like.

ReputationRep:
    For men, I think Ralph Lauren Romance, Clinique Happy and Dior Higher are all fantastic and I have them on a continuous rotation. CK contradiction is another favourite; but I prefer this in the winter months.

For women, I think Coco Chanel and Chanel No 5 are seminal, but Madamouiselle is also fantastic. Deep Red [Hugo Boss] is also brilliant, and has a lighter scent. The Prada perfume is a good 'professional' perfume; but I think lighter fragrances such as pleasures are better in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Allure sport by chanel for men...cant believe no ones said that already! RL Romance is pretty good too.

ReputationRep:
    Aquawoman by Rochas - only available in France though I also really like Diesel pour femme

ReputationRep:
    212 by carolina herrera
    just amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    ooh you have good taste Try Estee Lauder's Pleasures - it also has that yummy summer fruit and flowers smell. Or if you stick with the original, there's J'adore Body Lotion and Shower Gel that she might like.
    Thanks , it even comes in a nice-ish bottle too , I'll see if I can sniff some today before I buy it, otherwise I'll just get that one to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwen)
    Oh they're nice, I tried samples of them over the weekend :love: I still have them

I didn't buy them tho :p:

ReputationRep:
    Stella McCartney has the most fabulous smell!!! I love it wear it everyday!

But when buying perfume you need to remember to get one in a nice bottle because if the bottle is not nice it doesn't help!!! I hate dior poisen, though the bottlelooks great on my dressing table!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My current favourite is Coco Mademoiselle, but I also use Issey Miyake (that's a nice light, lemony summer one). For winter or night time, I still like Miss Dior..... but I know that some perfumes don't suit everyone... a girl just has to try them all!

ReputationRep:
    I like Joop at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    Very Irresistible by Givenchy :love:

ReputationRep:
    Love **** #3, Kangol, Ibiza Hippy, or other light anf fruity ones

ReputationRep:
    ck1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Oh they're nice, I tried samples of them over the weekend :love: I still have them

I didn't buy them tho :p:
    Tsk :p: More for me then What did you end up buying?

ReputationRep:
    I've got the summer version of very irresistable by givenchy, even though I bought it when half asleep at Dubai airport it turned out to be really nice- and light enough for summer.

ReputationRep:
    jean paul guaiter for men and women always but loving ghost atm too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gringalet)
    I like Chanel perfumes, they're feminine but light: Chanel Nº 5, Chance, Coco Mademoiselle. Also love Nu by YSL.
    Agree with this!
    Coco Mademoiselle is the nicest perfume bar none! People always will compliment you on this

ReputationRep:
    ralph lauren (the light blue one in a round bottle) its still my fave by far!!!

ReputationRep:
    the new lacoste one is really nice

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.