This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hey, im doi a2 bio and have got the mod 4 exam in 3 week. im kinda not sure about the respiration topic eg glycolsis and krebs cycle and in wot depth do we need to know about them. my teachers always away so if any1 has any spare time to explain that wud be cool.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
hey, im doi a2 bio and have got the mod 4 exam in 3 week. im kinda not sure about the respiration topic eg glycolsis and krebs cycle and in wot depth do we need to know about them. my teachers always away so if any1 has any spare time to explain that wud be cool.

You need a fair bit of depth, I'm afraid. Try to learn the all the reactions you've been taught and the sequence in which they occur - and very importantly, where in the mitochondrion/cell they take place. I seem to remember this came up in several of the past papers I did before the exam. Can't tell you whether it was actually on the exam cos I blanked it all out, sorry!

Good luck with your exam!
fluff
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
revision guides r very good emmz, hav u got them yet?
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadNatSci)
You need a fair bit of depth, I'm afraid. Try to learn the all the reactions you've been taught and the sequence in which they occur - and very importantly, where in the mitochondrion/cell they take place. I seem to remember this came up in several of the past papers I did before the exam. Can't tell you whether it was actually on the exam cos I blanked it all out, sorry!

Good luck with your exam!
ok thanks for advice its just that i dont quite understand how the hydrogens and certain substances get involded.
and yeah ive got the revision guide but it doesnt go into that much depth wheras my notes do
FunkyTeenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have you tried goin throught the syllabus. what i do is make notes then i go through the syllabus n highlight all the important stuff n just concentrate on learning that. also g thru past papers.. taht def helpd. im doin u4 in jan 2. what board u doin?
emmz
Rep:
?
(Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
have you tried goin throught the syllabus. what i do is make notes then i go through the syllabus n highlight all the important stuff n just concentrate on learning that. also g thru past papers.. taht def helpd. im doin u4 in jan 2. what board u doin?
thanx aqa board
misty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
imdoing aqa too- and for that topic it just seems we get taught way more than we need. get hold of some past papers and see what level the questions are at. Also, the syllabus is so helpful, the proper aqa one, from the net. For krebs cycle you definitely need to know the length's of carbon chains and how they change, what changes them, and all the substances taken in and given off and where in the cycle they occur. Just draw a massive circle and annotate it, there isnt that much at all.
If you want to know anything else PM me.
xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (39)
8.21%
Confident (65)
13.68%
Indifferent (66)
13.89%
Unsure (117)
24.63%
Worried (188)
39.58%

Watched Threads