Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, im doi a2 bio and have got the mod 4 exam in 3 week. im kinda not sure about the respiration topic eg glycolsis and krebs cycle and in wot depth do we need to know about them. my teachers always away so if any1 has any spare time to explain that wud be cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    hey, im doi a2 bio and have got the mod 4 exam in 3 week. im kinda not sure about the respiration topic eg glycolsis and krebs cycle and in wot depth do we need to know about them. my teachers always away so if any1 has any spare time to explain that wud be cool.

You need a fair bit of depth, I'm afraid. Try to learn the all the reactions you've been taught and the sequence in which they occur - and very importantly, where in the mitochondrion/cell they take place. I seem to remember this came up in several of the past papers I did before the exam. Can't tell you whether it was actually on the exam cos I blanked it all out, sorry!

Good luck with your exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    revision guides r very good emmz, hav u got them yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    You need a fair bit of depth, I'm afraid. Try to learn the all the reactions you've been taught and the sequence in which they occur - and very importantly, where in the mitochondrion/cell they take place. I seem to remember this came up in several of the past papers I did before the exam. Can't tell you whether it was actually on the exam cos I blanked it all out, sorry!

Good luck with your exam!
    ok thanks for advice its just that i dont quite understand how the hydrogens and certain substances get involded.
    and yeah ive got the revision guide but it doesnt go into that much depth wheras my notes do

ReputationRep:
    have you tried goin throught the syllabus. what i do is make notes then i go through the syllabus n highlight all the important stuff n just concentrate on learning that. also g thru past papers.. taht def helpd. im doin u4 in jan 2. what board u doin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
    have you tried goin throught the syllabus. what i do is make notes then i go through the syllabus n highlight all the important stuff n just concentrate on learning that. also g thru past papers.. taht def helpd. im doin u4 in jan 2. what board u doin?
    thanx aqa board

ReputationRep:
    imdoing aqa too- and for that topic it just seems we get taught way more than we need. get hold of some past papers and see what level the questions are at. Also, the syllabus is so helpful, the proper aqa one, from the net. For krebs cycle you definitely need to know the length's of carbon chains and how they change, what changes them, and all the substances taken in and given off and where in the cycle they occur. Just draw a massive circle and annotate it, there isnt that much at all.
    If you want to know anything else PM me.
    xxx

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.