Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    BBC. end of story
    I called them though and they said my decision was still outstanding and aparently biological sciences were considering me. I dont know whether to go to college and redo a lvls or do Biological sciences and then enter medicine as a graduate(is this possible?). Resit a lvls or BS? Someone please help.

ReputationRep:
    errr, resit a levels... btw r u one of bin ladens boys?

ReputationRep:
    yeah resit dont settle for not doing med if its what you want. I got in but if i didnt then i would of resat the year

ReputationRep:
    hey

ABB....they rejected me
    harshness...searching for places now

i really really wnted to do this aswell...

ReputationRep:
    Resit - infinitely easier than a degree!

ReputationRep:
    I resat over the last year, I won't lie and say it was easy, it really wasn't especially as I was a private candidate and had to do all the work myself. However, I've got my results today, AAA, and I'm doing Dentistry at Liverpool this September. I would definitely reccomend you resit if medicine is what you want to do. Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    That's fantastic news MC!! Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    That's fantastic news MC!! Well done
    Thank oooooo, I'm so happy, haven't stopped shaking since this morning!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah stay another year and re-sit them if medicine is what you wanna do.. resitting a-levels is gonna be easier than doing a degree, especially one you initially didn't want to do. Don't settle for second best :top:

ReputationRep:
    i got ABBb, and have been looking at various medical school prospectuses and websties..iv even emailed a few unis. Nearly all say that they only accept resits in extenuating circumstances and if they already applied to that uni in ther initial application?..therefore shud we really re-sit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Resit - infinitely easier than a degree!
    and cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    If ur not sure wat to do....ring up bradford for their clinical sciences/med foundation degree...theyve got spaces in clearing...im goin there for an interview at the weekend. but basically IF u do well...like in the top 20 in ur class in the first year, u can get the option of goin straight into second year leeds medicine...

which avoids wasting a year...look just ring them up, its worth a try

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to heard about that man. BUT, it ain't over. You can still re-sit them, that's what one of my mates done (he was doing A Levels too) and he got in!

ReputationRep:
    thx2uall for all the helpful suggestions.
    I am gona apply to Abbey College in birmingham and redo some of my modules. But how im gona make a C in physics to an A is beyond me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    thx2uall for all the helpful suggestions.
    I am gona apply to Abbey College in birmingham and redo some of my modules. But how im gona make a C in physics to an A is beyond me
    #make sure u check that ur uni will take resits before goin through all the hassle of doing them again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vishpatel)
    #make sure u check that ur uni will take resits before goin through all the hassle of doing them again
    ya of course they said theyll only do AAA.. anyone know any unis that will do less than AAA for resits?

ReputationRep:
    I did A Levels and got BBC. I then joined an organisation who spend time dealing with people in Al Qaeda. Apparently my uni thought that helped develop me enough to let me onto the course.

TS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    But how im gona make a C in physics to an A is beyond me
    No, it isn't. I went from a low C to high A in chemistry when I resat it this year. If you'd have told me I would get an A in chem in year 12 I would have laughed. It's not easy going back to do it all over again, but put every bit of effort you have into it, and you'll get there!

ReputationRep:
    I went from an E to an A in one of my resit subjects - it is possible!

ReputationRep:
    I went from EE to BC

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2005

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.