Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya Vicky

I know 2 others going to Bangor to do Music so we'll be fine!

I'm Natalie - but call me Nat - most people do!

Do you have MSN?

ReputationRep:
    to jasper the fish - glad ur not a wimp like me. turns out me and sexy sax have done english so all got summit in common! don't suppose you wanna give your first name? just so i don't have to call you jasperthefish when we get to bangor.

to nat - people you know from ur college/school? be good if u could introduce me to a few more peeps there, cheers.
    yeh i have msn. send me a personal message or something with ur address if u wanna talk on msn and i'll send u mine.

ReputationRep:
    My first name is Catherine, but everyone calls me Cat
    Im sure we all have more in common than our A levels but its a good starting point!
    I also have Msn, so if you wanna PM me your addys then we could talk "properly" lol

ReputationRep:
    I've sent you both PM's!

Vicki- no from the internet!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=sexysax]I've sent you both PM's!

I dnt have a PM :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You should have?! Ah wel I'm going mad, you've found it now anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Bangor 2005 I got more then I was asked for too
    I'm doing Sports Science, but I'm local too, So I can teach you how to pronounce stuff
    ffriddoedd is pronounced hence - Ffridtho-edth
    lots of people just call it the Frid tho

ReputationRep:
    hi ellerina,
    sports science eh? afraid that will all go straight over my head but nevermind.
    you could be very useful in the communications dept!
    so are you living at home then when you go bangor (like me - livin with my mum still) or goin into halls?
    vicky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellerina)
    I'm in Bangor 2005 I got more then I was asked for too
    I'm doing Sports Science, but I'm local too, So I can teach you how to pronounce stuff
    ffriddoedd is pronounced hence - Ffridtho-edth
    lots of people just call it the Frid tho
    Oooo our very own guide
    have to say we are a lil intrigued by your name!
    Im going in Sept to do English with Journalism, and having a Yorkshire accent the welshness is going to be interesting, Ill need all the help I can get!

Cat

ReputationRep:
    I used to be flunet in Welsh - now I am terrible!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, you all sound like interesting folk.

I've only just got on top of all the paperwork for it all - to be honest I thought it was a bit excessive and had a few too many errors/omissions for my liking.

Has anyone else joined the JCR? I sent off to join although I could hardly find any useful information other than "students are encouraged to join". Have you got any idea what it is/involves?

ReputationRep:
    "Has anyone else joined the JCR? "
    Ive filled in the paper work n I can honestly say I dont know what you are talking about! lol

What you going to be studying??

ooo btw i have searched and
    "The Junior Common Room (JCR) committeee are here to make your life easier. The JCR are a group of elected students whose job it is to look after your welfare and entertainment needs in Rathbone. The JCR provide many services in Rathbone such as the annual Christmas Ball, trips to places like Dublin and papers, TVs and videos within the hall."
    sounds good but im hoping to be in ffriddoedd

ReputationRep:
    I take it everyone got their accomodation things today abou arriving - but still without where we are actually staying!

I need to get my act together with these forms because I go away for a week on Saturday

ReputationRep:
    Hehe well you lot sound like a bouncy lot
    Unless he changes his mind on his gap year my boyfriend will be joining you next year for Marine Biology

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing history and religion.

did anyones id no. fit??? mine didn't

ReputationRep:
    Mine didn't

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I didn't take all my forms out of the envelope so I know that I'm in

Y Borth block M. But its catered and I asked for and would rather self-catered

ReputationRep:
    My number didnt fit either....think they printed too many boxes lol
    Im in Cefn Y Coed and as for block is that the letter? cos therefore Im in J

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting confused with all these forms. Need to send them off tomorrow before I go away.

ReputationRep:
    I got my accomodation received my details for accomodation last Monday saying that I was in the Neuadd Emrys Evans building which is on the Ffridoed site. (apologies for any spelling errors)

I remember walking down to the post office with a crazy amount of envelopes that I wanted delivered.

The JCR sounds like a good idea, I just hope I'm not getting robbed of my cash for something that isn't as good as it sounds.

Anyone get the form where they put in the 50001? even though it's supposed to be 5001 or something like that. They had an extra 0 and then had too many boxes.

I'm studying Criminology and Criminal Justice, although I've been having second thoughts about it for a few months now. Seeing as I haven't studied any social science subject before.

University open days

• Bangor University
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 28 Oct '18
  • Bangor University
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 10 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.