Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    I've heard that our first lesson on Oour 1st study is horrible! So be prepared!

And I think we need to bring grade 7/8 music to the lesson with us.

Did they say what standard the audition piece had to be?
    What's Oour?

I don't have anything really in the way of Grade 7/8 music because I usually borrowed that stuff from my teacher but I do have a book which was a present from my teacher as a leaving present.

To your question no they didn't

ReputationRep:
    Oour - sorry my typo! "our"

Well I have lots of music but can't play most of it to performance standard on my 1st study because I've not been playing all that long so I better get practising

ReputationRep:
    Well I am a good one aren't I...

I came home from shopping and had the following left on my machine.

"This is message for Charlotte from "guy's name I forget" one of the first year tutors at the School of Music in Bangor. We have been going over your modules form and you have 70 credits in the spring term instead of 60. If you could please give me a call back, or Sian in the office, we'll be able to sort you out. The number is ...... Thank You"

I did and I have decided to drop 20th Century music because I hated it in year 13 but signed up for it because I thought I had only 50!

ReputationRep:
    Oops lol!!

I am doing 20th Century Music

ReputationRep:
    Oops lol!!

I am doing 20th Century Music
    The guy was really nice on the phone - I hope he is one of my tutors because he was really nice about it. He said it was better I had too many instead of too few.

He basically explained I had to choose between Practical Music Tech or 20th Century because the rest continue into the summer. The decision was easy for me as I want to do composing and hated 20th Century at school! I didn't even had to think about it - it was an instant reply...I went with my gut.

I suppose if I really want to do it, I'd have to get rid of Early music and put Practical Music in the Summer term instead and then that would free 10 credits for the spring allowing me to study 20th Century. But no way would I do that because perfer it better than anything modern!

ReputationRep:
    Kool

Well you can still have a think about it because they are not final decisions, just an idea of numbers. I think we properly confirm everything once we are there.

I'm not doing Practical Music - just 1 composition thing is enough for me!

ReputationRep:
    Kool

Well you can still have a think about it because they are not final decisions, just an idea of numbers. I think we properly confirm everything once we are there.

I'm not doing Practical Music - just 1 composition thing is enough for me!
    I suppose for you its a good decision - you don't like Composition whereas I do.

Besides doesn't Prac open up more modules in the future years?

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea, what does it open?

Surely it'll only open stuff like Electroacoustic comp etc

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea, what does it open?

Surely it'll only open stuff like Electroacoustic comp etc
    Yeah and that sounds interesting to me, espically if I am going into composing as a career.

ReputationRep:
    Yes so for you that is a good choice. However as that is not exactly what I love doing and am not doing it as a career then I'm glad I didn't choose it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes so for you that is a good choice. However as that is not exactly what I love doing and am not doing it as a career then I'm glad I didn't choose it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though.
    I very much hope so!

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing Performance and Interpretation?

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing Performance and Interpretation?
    Nope!

ReputationRep:
    Ok! I am!
    Gota go speak soon!

ReputationRep:
    Ok! I am!
    Gota go speak soon!
    Whoo we are nearly at 100 posts - Go Bangor!
    Eat my Shorts, Glam, Aber and Cardiff!

Should I ask Pig about a subform?

ReputationRep:
    I think so!

Bangor rocks!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah go for it^^

ReputationRep:
    I just sent the following!

Hello Lovely Mods

Bangor are a bouncy lot and we are very active too. This is only one of our many threads too so you can see how busy we are!

We'd like to have a place to post without having to sieve through the many posts for Aber or Glamorgan (although we think they are swell) so can we have a subform please!

There is a list of 10 of that thread, which is the magic no. 10 required. So Can we have a subform...we'd love you forever if you do.

Pretty pretty please with jam and jelly and sprinkles and cookies and chocolate sauce and strawberry sauce and rep on top, can we have a subform?

ReputationRep:
    Excellent!!!

Lets hope we get it!

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon we could have fitted anything else on that please?

Jam and Jelly
    Sauces
    Sprinkles
    Cookies
    Rep...

Pizza?

University open days

1. Bangor University
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 14 Oct '18
  2. Bangor University
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 28 Oct '18
  3. Bangor University
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 10 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.