Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is there anyone who did the OCR Additional Maths (FSMQ) along with their GCSEs?

If so, do you know when we get our results?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I did it, and I got my result today - A

ReputationRep:
    i did it but didn't no we cud get results yet so am waitin til nxt wk with GCSE results. well done 4 the A btw!

ReputationRep:
    they are an A level exam and therefore are available today, buit whether your school will allow you them I don't know, I'm waiting until next week for it.

P.S
    Keep this thread active and post you marks for the FSMQ when you get it on here.

ReputationRep:
    Yer i took it but school claimed they didnt have the results despite them being released today... my school is poo and annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Additional Maths? What ever is that about?

ReputationRep:
    if we don't collect the results on the day they are give, will they be posted home?

coz, i'm on holiday and am back on the 23rd and am worrying about it.

btw, well done for the A, braniac

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamman)
    if we don't collect the results on the day they are give, will they be posted home?

coz, i'm on holiday and am back on the 23rd and am worrying about it.

btw, well done for the A, braniac
    Obviously it depends on the school, but I doubt they will be sent home to you. I had to plead with my exam officer to allow any of the 6 of us at my school to call up on the A level results day and get the results.

i decided not to though, mainly because it may be the only subject that I have exceeded prediction in and therefore I will need it to counter the effects of failing to get certain grades I wanted in others.

P.S Additional maths is a key skills exam that is worth up to 20 UCAS points and is basically and intermediate between GCSE and AS level. It basically includes C1 and about half of C2 from the Maths A level syllabus as well as a few other bits from other modules like M1 and S1. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. To be completely honest I didn't find most of it too taxing, but I couldn't do the questions on sin/cos so I left them out. We weren't told the grade boundarys so I was a bit worried that I would be screwed if it was a high one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_brainaic)
    Thanks guys. To be completely honest I didn't find most of it too taxing, but I couldn't do the questions on sin/cos so I left them out. We weren't told the grade boundarys so I was a bit worried that I would be screwed if it was a high one!
    Do you know your raw mark for the exam?, if so can you post it so the rest of us can get an idea of what we need. I did ring OCR up after the exam and ask for the last 2 year grades boundaries and they varied quite alot 70 and 77 for an A.

I didn't find the work that hard but what I did find was remebering it, I unlike most of the people who do the FSMQ did it simoultaneously to the GCSE and this meant we got hardly any teacher support, which made it alot more difficult than it had to be.

Cheers

PS well done with the A

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know my mark - I go to a boarding school and I have to phone up for my results, which normally ends up in just grades cause my Housemaster has to get through everyone.

ReputationRep:
    fair enough- well done anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Additional Maths? What ever is that about?
    I think it's meant to give u a 'head start' in AS/A2 Maths. That's what my teacher said, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh Right. We weren't told about it. We were struggling to keep up with the GCSE syllabus, in all its vastness.

ReputationRep:
    Yay! i got an A 96/100 i think

ReputationRep:
    I got a C, and was quite suprised, as I though I mucked it up.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A, YAY

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.