Turn on thread page Beta

Do any girls like shy guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind them, i seem to be able to ease them out of their shell. Though i am a bit shy myself, but im no where near as bad i used to.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer shy guys. Why? What happened for you to use that sad face?

ReputationRep:
    I've always had difficulty when talking to girls. I've never had a girlfriend or even had a close friend who was female.

ReputationRep:
    I like guys who are shy as long as they come out of their shell a bit once u get to know them! I used to be vshy but I'm not so bad now!

ReputationRep:
    I hope girls do. I am really shy when it comes to getting to know people, but once I get to know them I am very easy going.

ReputationRep:
    haha your faceparty pics dont make you look shy :p: @hazzawazza btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrt84)
    I've always had difficulty when talking to girls. I've never had a girlfriend or even had a close friend who was female.
    I used to quite shy once but now most of my best friends are guys. As for shy guys, I can kind of relate to what their difficulty might be.. which is how I manage to bring them out of their shell.
    If you are really concerned about this, why don't you sign up for some group activities or society events- some hiking club, or dancing classes. I first got over my shyness when I temped as a receptionist which meant that I couldn't afford to be shy! Maybe you can do something similar?

ReputationRep:
    I get on better with shy guys than louder guys. I'm shy myself but around other shy people I'm less shy, as they tend to accept me more as who I am rather than trying to get me to talk loads. x

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i like shy guys too, ..... they are nice and shy.
    louder guys make girls nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkward_eagle)
    I get on better with shy guys than louder guys. I'm shy myself but around other shy people I'm less shy, as they tend to accept me more as who I am rather than trying to get me to talk loads. x
    Same as me (but opposite way round!)

I can sit down with anyone and start chatting away, unless they are cute, then i'm just hopeless

ReputationRep:
    I think its better to be shy than arrogant like a lot of blokes I know.
    It can only be a hindrance several months into a relationship (if it progresses that far) and he still cant feel confident around me.
    Im pretty sure all shy guys once they become close to a girl are fine!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm indifferent to shy people. It just means you'd have to get to know them better. There's a funny stereotype associated with shy guys - that they are more genuine, nicer, more sensitive. I'm not sure how true this is but if that is the case then yes I prefer shy guys. I doubt it is though. Maybe "shy guys" don't really have the opportunity to be anything but nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I'm indifferent to shy people. It just means you'd have to get to know them better. There's a funny stereotype associated with shy guys - that they are more genuine, nicer, more sensitive. I'm not sure how true this is but if that is the case then yes I prefer shy guys. I doubt it is though. Maybe "shy guys" don't really have the opportunity to be anything but nice.
    Oh yup, I met some really nice shy guys at the other place & I really wondered how come they exist- in the sense that they were so sensitive, sweet, caring... straight out of some romance novel (not the knight in shining armour type though!).

ReputationRep:
    well yeah i'm not good around people i don't know well, but just like people to be friendly really, don't mind if they're shy, prefer not over the top loud people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrt84)
    Anyone?
    Yeah I do. So much more...lovable!

ReputationRep:
    Well as long as they are not overly shy (as in, they can't even form a complete sentence in front of you).
    Shy, confident but with a touch of humility is good
    I don't like guys that are too full of themselves, and think that they are the centre of the universe.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, it's a bit of a turn off having to drag a conversation out of someone. Charisma - good, cockiness - not so good!

ReputationRep:
    Well I like boys to talk to me, be upfront, act confident etc, so not really... having said that, loud guys? No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Im shy when it comes to talking to girls but there is one girl at work who i seem to get along with very well. I cant tell if she likes me but we seem to get on. Not sure how i can let her know how i feel.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.