The Student Room Group

Anybody accepted by Duke and considering it?

If so, hit me up if you want to talk about Duke. I grew up in London, chose Duke over UChicago, Cornell, Middlebury, and Haverford - and not regretting it.

If you don't want to email me let me just leave you the message that Duke is the most fun top ten school, the best top ten school at sports, and one of the most challenging top ten schools.

Also, we are in the final four of NCAA tournament!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dn013
If so, hit me up if you want to talk about Duke. I grew up in London, chose Duke over UChicago, Cornell, Middlebury, and Haverford - and not regretting it.

If you don't want to email me let me just leave you the message that Duke is the most fun top ten school, the best top ten school at sports, and one of the most challenging top ten schools.

You're at Duke? I didn't know there were any Devils on here. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Wow your so lucky!
Reply 3
fulmination
You're at Duke? I didn't know there were any Devils on here. :biggrin:

Where do you go?
Reply 4
dn013
Where do you go?

Duke.
Reply 5
fulmination
Duke.

Sweet.
OMG, no. Eww! Lol. Now I have another Dookie to mess with on here.... Greivis Vasquez > Jon Scheyer.
Reply 7
dn013
Sweet.

Do you live on campus?
Reply 8
dn013
If so, hit me up if you want to talk about Duke. I grew up in London, chose Duke over UChicago, Cornell, Middlebury, and Haverford

Why would anyone choose Duke over Cornell ? :confused: :confused:
Reply 9
fulmination
Do you live on campus?

Yea I am a freshman. How about you?
Reply 10
flugestuge
Why would anyone choose Duke over Cornell ? :confused: :confused:

You must be kidding
Reply 11
Baltimoron
OMG, no. Eww! Lol. Now I have another Dookie to mess with on here.... Greivis Vasquez > Jon Scheyer.

Final Four > Second Round
Reply 12
dn013

I'm also from the UK and got into Duke this year for entry into fall 2010 :biggrin:
I know Duke is really famous for basketball, but are other sports well played too? What about rowing?!
I've also got a place in the UK at warwick for economics, but I'm seriously considering going to Duke instead. What are your opinions on that?
Pearson73
I'm also from the UK and got into Duke this year for entry into fall 2010 :biggrin:
I know Duke is really famous for basketball, but are other sports well played too? What about rowing?!
I've also got a place in the UK at warwick for economics, but I'm seriously considering going to Duke instead. What are your opinions on that?

LOL Duke destroys Warwick. Warwick isn't even in the same league.
Reply 14
Pearson73

Duke is very good at basketball, lacrosse, football, American football (we used to suck but our program is on the rise).

There is a club rowing team, which is very serious. I know a couple people who do it and enjoy it. They go to races like the Head of the Charles etc. There is a lake right near Duke called Lake Jordan where they can practice on the water.

Honestly, unless you can't afford Duke, you got to go to Duke over Warwick. Duke will provide you with a better, more well rounded education than Warwick will. Duke is much better than Warwick, even for economics. I would say that an extremely large minority of Duke grads (maybe 20-30%) go into investment banking. Goldman Sachs is the second highest employer of Duke graduates each year. I have a friend at Warwick studying Econ and he says that he hasnt learned anything all year. The Econ dept at Duke is tough but very, very good.

Man just come for Blue Devil Days and you will see why I am promoting Duke as much as I am.

And congrats for getting in!
dn013
Duke is very good at basketball, lacrosse, football, American football (we used to suck but our program is on the rise).

There is a club rowing team, which is very serious. I know a couple people who do it and enjoy it. They go to races like the Head of the Charles etc. There is a lake right near Duke called Lake Jordan where they can practice on the water.

Honestly, unless you can't afford Duke, you got to go to Duke over Warwick. Duke will provide you with a better, more well rounded education than Warwick will. Duke is much better than Warwick, even for economics. I would say that an extremely large minority of Duke grads (maybe 20-30%) go into investment banking. Goldman Sachs is the second highest employer of Duke graduates each year. I have a friend at Warwick studying Econ and he says that he hasnt learned anything all year. The Econ dept at Duke is tough but very, very good.

Man just come for Blue Devil Days and you will see why I am promoting Duke as much as I am.

Now you're just lying. American football team is good? Are you kidding me? They are consistently ACC bottomfeeders. Duke lacrosse always chokes. And Kyle Singler is just annoying.:biggrin:

In all seriousness, though, Duke is a great school academically. To the person who questioned why you would pick Duke over Cornell: You must be seriously underestimating how good Duke is, academically. They are one of the top schools in the country.

*I feel dirty now. I just complimented Duke haha. I still hate your sports teams!
Reply 16
I wish I applied to Duke now. I think it would be awesome to attend a college that's great academically, but also amazing at sports too.
Just saw that Duke cruised through their final four match. Its impressive.
Reply 17
dn013

Thanks for your post - very helpful.
I was just talking to someone about Duke and he was saying that it's virtually impossible to work in the US (being a British citizen) after graduating since it will be very difficult to get a green card (unless you plan to be a doctor). Is this true?! Do you plan to return to the UK after graduating? I thought it would be 'easy' to remain in the US!
Reply 18
Baltimoron
Now you're just lying. American football team is good? Are you kidding me? They are consistently ACC bottomfeeders. Duke lacrosse always chokes. And Kyle Singler is just annoying.:biggrin:

In all seriousness, though, Duke is a great school academically. To the person who questioned why you would pick Duke over Cornell: You must be seriously underestimating how good Duke is, academically. They are one of the top schools in the country.

*I feel dirty now. I just complimented Duke haha. I still hate your sports teams!

Duke destroyed Maryland at football this year.
NCAA final. Vasquez is a tool.
Haha. Maryland's a good school too, we don't hate your sports teams, we just kind of pity them. :yep:
Reply 19
Pearson73
Thanks for your post - very helpful.
I was just talking to someone about Duke and he was saying that it's virtually impossible to work in the US (being a British citizen) after graduating since it will be very difficult to get a green card (unless you plan to be a doctor). Is this true?! Do you plan to return to the UK after graduating? I thought it would be 'easy' to remain in the US!

If you have a Duke degree and a high quality job offer in the US, there is no reason why the government would not want to keep you.

I plan to stay in the States, but I have US citizenship. It is not too difficult to stay after graduating from a school like duke

Latest

Trending

Trending