Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my firm, imperial still states firm conditional offer although i missed my grade by miles. Was told they are forwording my application to another dept which has the similiar stuff. That's why, maybe that's wat they do in queen mary also?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Well surely you're into Brookes at least UCAS track hasn't updated I take it?
    *Relief* I got an e-mail back from Brookes and they said i had an unconditional offer now, that would be updates soon. I'm too scared to check... i'll throw a fit if i look at it's still the same. But things are looking okay. Royal holloyway said something about a lot of applications, so i'm hoping the updates are just delayed.

I think i'll just relax a little and give them time.

Now to start stressing over loans, and accommodation ... what's the next step? Being a student isn't easy lol.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about stressing.
    Regarding loans, I read in the big loan thread on here that you get an opportunity to change your details on that. They should you send accommodation forms out (no harm in checking the website though)

QM say I'm number one on their waiting list! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Leicester still haven't made a decision! They said to ring back later this afternoon - I have my driving test this afternoon lol! Is anyone else still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    I have got a place at another university but UCAS won't send me a clearing form until my others tell them that they have released me. I know I can't go there cos i called them. Can i get a clearing form on the black market?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to want that too! If I go to Queen Margarets I need to get my insurance to release me, and my firm hasn't rejected me according to track.

ReputationRep:
    yea things for me are going from bad to worse....unfortunately no decision has been made by my uni yet, and for some reason my Chemistry A-level wasn't cashed in according to them, hence the reason for the delay in decision making...

But that's not good, I already missed the grade and chances are by now spaces on that course have filled up. So even if i have got a decent arguement, they won't b that interested anyway!

ReputationRep:
    My loan confirmation thing arrived today saying exactly the loan amount i would get and regarding decisions, iv made my offer, but my track still hasnt updated *goes off to give ucas some grief*.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also in the limbo you all describe. I had an AAA offer from Oxford for Modern Languages, but I got ABB in my exams (shocking, I know). Anyway, my school phoned the college and I emailed the lady in charge to plead my case and let them know I'm appealing in both the 'B's. Then I phoned the central admissions office and they said the final deadline for decisions by colleges was today!!! So apparently I should find out at some point today, although I don't know if that just means they send a letter, that'll get here on Tuesday.

Anyway, I have to say I'm not really holding out hope for a positive response - I got a B in German, a subject I want to study there - but some closure would be nice. Track still has conditional firm, but after what the cambridge person said, I will be checking at 12.00 noon today!!

Anywya, just want to say to everyone well done, and good luck. It's a bit **** they're still making us wait, though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey WFH?
    Nasty of them to keep you waiting so long Are you going to phone back today?

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know. They Oxford admissions office say final decisions are made today, but I emailed my college and my school phoned them, so I don't want to call back as there's a fine line between showing interest and being irritating, which I don't want to cross.

I keep refreshing my track, and my inbox, but so far nothing.

Have you heard from Queen Margaret's yet? Don't you have 8 As in your highers? (Well done on that one, btw!) surely you can walk into anywhere you want through Clearing?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah been worrying about that line myself
    QM got back to me today (phoned them yesterday but the person wasn't in) saying that I'm number one on their waiting list and they want to take me. They're sorting out insurance A level offers atm, and will get back to me for definite by the end of the day.
    So I'm feeling a bit better now
    (thanks on the highers btw, convo with QM went like this:
    "I missed my firm offer by several grades, so I'm not holding out much hope but they haven't given me a definite rejection yet"
    "Well, let's see what you *do* have"
    {I reel off my highers}
    "Oh."
    That was so worth it! )

Incidentally, my mum is a German teacher and her best student ever in about 30 years teaching only got a B at AH iirc. So whatever happens with Oxford, you did well and should be proud. These stupid English unis don't know what they're missing out on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Yeah been worrying about that line myself
    QM got back to me today (phoned them yesterday but the person wasn't in) saying that I'm number one on their waiting list and they want to take me. They're sorting out insurance A level offers atm, and will get back to me for definite by the end of the day.
    So I'm feeling a bit better now
    (thanks on the highers btw, convo with QM went like this:
    "I missed my firm offer by several grades, so I'm not holding out much hope but they haven't given me a definite rejection yet"
    "Well, let's see what you *do* have"
    {I reel off my highers}
    "Oh."
    That was so worth it! )

Incidentally, my mum is a German teacher and her best student ever in about 30 years teaching only got a B at AH iirc. So whatever happens with Oxford, you did well and should be proud. These stupid English unis don't know what they're missing out on
    Thanks very much - one of the good things about not doing as well as you hoped is that everyone goes out of their way to tell you how smart they think you are (which is helping my ego recover)!! Every cloud, I suppose...

There's not really very much we can do now except wait and see really. I think when I get stuff through from whichever uni I'm going to (which I'm 99% sure will be Bristol, Oxford would have been in touch by now if they'd wanted me) then I'll get a lot more excited about it. I hate this damned limbo though! So purgatorial!

Anyway, very best of luck with QM, and to all you others waiting for offers!

WFH?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I want to get on with packing, and sorting out accomm and getting excited
    I'm being slightly sadistic to some people who thought I was being melodramatic about expected results when I tell them what I got and they go "Oh." Hehe, awkward pauses, gotta love them. I'm getting lots of hugs from people though so that's good.
    If you get your appeals, they are obliged to take you aren't they? Just a question of getting them in time!
    You like Bristol though, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    queen mary still havnt made their decision...ahhh ive been waiting since yesterday.

Does anybody know what the points score has been lowered to for biology or biomed at queens through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanc)
    my firm, imperial still states firm conditional offer although i missed my grade by miles. Was told they are forwording my application to another dept which has the similiar stuff. That's why, maybe that's wat they do in queen mary also?
    I missed my offer by a grade and told me that my dept is reconsidering me ... keep your fingers crossed! they might accept us! ufff they told me to phone back later this afternoon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdi_princess)
    queen mary still havnt made their decision...ahhh ive been waiting since yesterday.

Does anybody know what the points score has been lowered to for biology or biomed at queens through clearing?
    I think the entry requirements are still the same; but both are being offered through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so i called my uni to ask if they could release me and the nauseatingly cheerful admission officer said of course she would do it asap. That was 10:00 this morning, it hasn't happened yet.

ReputationRep:
    i misse dmy firm, by the instituition it's at offered me another place via clearing, i'm jsut waiting to be released from my insurance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    Ok, so i called my uni to ask if they could release me and the nauseatingly cheerful admission officer said of course she would do it asap. That was 10:00 this morning, it hasn't happened yet.

i'm waiting on that as well!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.