Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone still waiting for a decision from their Uni...? watch

ReputationRep:
    My son's still waiting too - got ABB, but needed AAB for Warwick - rang again at 5 today - still no decision.

ABB will be OK for his second choice - Southampton - but would prefer Warwick. Are we right in thinking Southampton have to take him, even if it takes Warwick another week to make their minds up (hopefully we'll here tomorrow, but they said that yesterday!)

(sorry for invading a student forum, but I'm trying to figure out how this UCAS thing works)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by students_dad)

(sorry for invading a student forum, but I'm trying to figure out how this UCAS thing works)
    Aren't we all!

I f you don't make your 1st choice it is instantly assumed that you will take your insurance offer,

However if you wish to go through clearing then you have to be "released" from any other offers that you hold first.

ReputationRep:
    I was too late to talk to anyone when I phoned my insurance
    But I do have a positive decision in clearing at last

ReputationRep:
    Waiting to hear from Warwick too....had to ask the school to fax them the results and I will be calling them 2morrow again...not likely to hear a positive reply but I will anyway

ReputationRep:
    I got my result yesterday at around 5.30pm. A different college at Cambridge rang (St Catherines) and I am in there!! I have hjust found out it is ranked number 1 from last years results aswell, so all's well that ends well.

Hope everything works out for everyone else.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    I got my result yesterday at around 5.30pm. A different college at Cambridge rang (St Catherines) and I am in there!! I have hjust found out it is ranked number 1 from last years results aswell, so all's well that ends well.

Hope everything works out for everyone else.

Good luck.
    What grades did you get? So you are not going to the college you chose but another one?

ReputationRep:
    The past few days have been a nightmare. I missed my grades at sussex - needed AAB but got ABB. so i rang them up, but they were missing my history and english grades. So i hd to fax them through a million times. So they said they had got them finally and ring back tommorrow(friday) to find out their decision. So they ring me up at like 12 saying they couldnt work out my english grades and asked me 2 scan them and email them. So then my scanner broke, and so I had to go to an internet cafe. After all that waiting and running around they rejected me. So I rang up southampton, because they have to take me because i got above the offer. But i was confused because on ucas track it said i had been unsuccessful. So I rang them up, and they hadnt got my history and english grades either and asked me fax them through. But they admissions woman wont be in until monday. So I have to wait. They have to accept me, because they sked for BBB or 370 points. I got AAB and a B at a/s so i got 370 points. I even rang up ucas and they assure me that they have to take me. But until southampton get my results on UCAS it looks like I have been rejected by both my unis and ucas are gonna send me out a CEF form and im like ahhhhhh. When will it ever end. I dont have anytime to grieve for sussex, but i have overcome that by feeeling sooooo bitter. One day I'll be a big journalist and they are gonna wish they took me on mwhahahah

ReputationRep:
    Elspungo, I know how you feel. I missed my grades and ucas hadn't sent in my results. The uni didn't tell me this for 2 hours on thursday. I faxed them but didn't have one of the results sheet becuase I sat A-levels at 2 different centres. I went in to get it on friday and they said I hadn't cashed the result in and they couldn't find the grade slip. I'll have to wait for the right person to find it on monday. The uni currently has my pplace on hold but I dn't know for how long. The course is now off clearing so I dn't know if they kept my place on hold or not. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they did, so having a miserable weekend while I wait.

ReputationRep:
    Its ridiculous. In a way we are suffering over someone elses mistake. Whether its the school, ucas or the exam board. But we are the ones who have to ring up the unis and clear up mistakes made by others. And all I can do now is wait. Im so happy with my results, but i havent had time to celebrate because i've been waiting on my unis.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.