The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Never!
Reply 2
I was debating whether to put once or twice, as I fractured my left arm once, but in two places! (i fractured both the radius and the ulna). I did it just by falling over (how boring is that!) It really hurt though, but I was only abou 9/10 so it only took 3 weeks to heal :smile:
Reply 3
I've done four. I've broken my right collar bone twice, cracked my knee open and cracked a rib, but not all at the same time.

Yes, i've been in the wars
Reply 4
A few fingers, a toe and a wrist. My mum didn't believe I broke my wrist so I had to suffer for three days. Fun.
Fell down the stairs and cracked my skull open on a cabinet leg. :biggrin:
Other than that, all I've done is broken my little toe a few times; the most painful being when I was swimming where I went to turn while doing lengths, caught my little toe in the ladder at the side, pushed off and felt it snap back. It slowly turned purple......and then black. Nice, but it still works now. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
I broke my humerus (sp?) what a stupid name for a bone! So anyway I broke my funny bone and it was far from funny! I was 7 and had been trying to get across the monkey bars for so long then I finally did it and my Mam missed seeing me so obviously I had to do it again, only to fall off half way and kinda land on my arm bending it a funny way! All I can remember is some boys who were in their teens swinging about about the monkey bars and burping and laughing (not at me, just cos they were drunk!) whilst my Mam was cudding me to make it better!

I also broke my toe...one again trying to get across the monkey bars then getting annoyed from falling off to in my temper kicking the wooden pole...whilst wearing open toes sandals :frown: I remember I didn't tell my Mam for ages cos my mate was having a bouncy castle for her birthday party and I didn't want to be told I wasn't allowed to go!

Yeah...I've kept away from the monkey bars since then, and now I NEVER lose my temper...ok maybe once a year (seriously!)
Reply 7
I've split my head, and my nose was possibly broken during a fight (although I'm not sure whether it was broken or not).
Reply 8
Never broken anything. Well not that I can remember :rolleyes:
I have not broken anything. But I do have gammy ankles which go through rough periods-just stick on an ankle support for sports.:smile:
Reply 10
once,my little finger:biggrin:
Reply 11
mik1w
Like broken a bone, or fractured it or something serious like that?
Was it painful? How did you do it?

Ive never broken anything but it does sounds pretty painful, although I have some friends who have broken something and needed an oeration but not actually realised for months that they'd broken it.

from the title, i thought you meant 'broken something' as in 'broken something' in the house or an inanimate item...
in that case, 10+...
else, just once...
I have no bones, sadly :biggrin:

Seriously, I've never broken anything. Bones, that is. Luckily, as if I did my clarinet and saxophone playing would really suffer (plus, I wouldn't be able to get into my Saruman costume with a cast :wink:).

-Saruman
Reply 13
I've broken my arms five times (three in the right, twice in the left) and the first time was both of them :smile:.

I've also fractured my ankle once.
Reply 14
Never broken anything in an accident.

Had a surgeon remove a rib and break four ribs...

and soon after some spine surgery I had last year, some hooks that they implanted pulled backwards and cracked a vertebra in two :frown: it's called a laminectomy when they do it deliberately!
Never ever ever.
Reply 16
I once fell on a rock (the details are too embarrassing to utter here) and broke a few ribs. It didn't really hurt that much but the area became swollen and ached for a while. I didn't realise that something actually broke until 2 years afterwards when a doctor noticed that my ribcage was ever so slightly bent.
Broke my right lower leg when I was younger not sure how many places but it's alot as I have scars in different places where the docs had to go in an place it all. My leg now goes off at a 45 degree angel outwards which actually helps me with my ballet most of the time (a perfect first position without even trying :biggrin: ). However that screwed up my back as that caused my hip to go out of line (my right leg is higher in the hip so its not nice. I have to see an osteopath every now and then to get it put right but what they do isn't perminant :frown: ). So I have a forever back problem with no way of ever recovering (lovely doctors who did a brilliant job of setting it all in the right place :rolleyes: ). I've also broken my nose twice. One of them was the same time I broke my leg :biggrin: , hehe. The other I jumped from something, I think it was my climbing frame from when I was little, and landed face first onto the ground :rolleyes: . However I'm always doing something - twisting/spraining ankle, pulling muscles, tearing/streaching tendons and what not (the punishment I go through to be a dancer. It's supriseing I still love doing it :confused: ).

I think the funny thing was when I was a bit younger with St.John's Ambulance and we went camping for 8 days. When we came back there were cadets with broken fingers, broken toes, pulled muscles and even I came back with a serverly twisted ankle that also had a pulled tendon (ouch did that hurt :frown: . I couldn't walk on it for ages and I couldn't dance for weeks :mad: ). But yeah I found that funny as we were ment to be those that helped other people but loads of us came back as if we had gone out to war or summit :rofl:
Reply 18
Broken foot, broken toe, thats it, the foot didn't hurt when I did it, just to walk on afterwards, toe didn't hurt unless I caught it, toe failed to heal properly so now I can pull it 90 degrees to itself, cool little party trick!
Oops! I think I lied! Not on purpose but I just remembered that once I may have cracked my sternum/rib when I fell off my bike and the handbars turned round and I landed on the end. Painful. Now my Dad totally denies it ever happened... sure and now my ribs sometimes click in uncomfortable ways for no reason!

Latest

Trending

Trending