Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got an offer? I got AAB, which was higher than I expected. I don't think they liked me at interview, which once again I blame the university for, their interviewer was a German associate professor who couldn't speak English.

Anyway, my point is, was the standard offer ABB?

ReputationRep:
    i applied for maths and physics, they never really interviewed me, i would have liked one tho but the offer was AAB. i thought this was cause i applied to the M course. but i think they maybe upped it this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    i applied for maths and physics, they never really interviewed me, i would have liked one tho but the offer was AAB. i thought this was cause i applied to the M course. but i think they maybe upped it this year.
    I don't think the interview was worth it. I requested one, you know to practise for Cambridge, but I basically spent the day travelling, being bored, being poor because my train ticket was hella expensive, and the itnerview was a 10 minute stagger with somebody who didn't speak English. Absolutely not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer of AAB but I never had to go down for interview.

ReputationRep:
    Bath are ranked higher than Cambridge for maths...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    Bath are ranked higher than Cambridge for maths...
    Yes I noticed that nice little league table they had for themselves. I was trying to work out how they came top, despite scoring below Oxbridge in every of the criteria columns =P

ReputationRep:
    i didn't go to interview because i had to sit in the BMO test on that particular day, so they gave me an offer AAB, i was higher than i expected.

i went to IC, they asked me four math question and at last gave me an offer ABB

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Bath AAB, despite declining the invitiation for interview. Im sure it makes no difference to their decision, just to make you feel like youve earnt the offer so you're more likely to accept it.

As for Bath being top of the league tables, I think this implies that the teaching or facilities, for example,may be better, but as far as having a degree as a means to a job, im sure an oxbridge degree would be much preferable, for me anyway (unfortunately, as I got rejected from oxford)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Yes I noticed that nice little league table they had for themselves. I was trying to work out how they came top, despite scoring below Oxbridge in every of the criteria columns =P
    That 'nice little league table they (Bath) had for themselves' is actually compiled by The Times, not Bath!!
    The criteria for subject league tables is RAE ranking (Bath's Maths Dept. is one of only two in the UK to score a maximum rating of 24) and rating for Pure Maths 5 and Applied Maths 5*. Although Cambridge achieved 5* for both Pure and Applied they fell down on RAE ranking thus being displaced by Bath for the 3rd year running!
    Perhaps your cynicism is more to do with having being interviewed by someone with a German accent than anything else and Bath have no need of bigots! If you can honestly say I am wrong then I apologise for my judgement but I get really p****d off with xenophobic comments like the one made by you. :mad:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.