Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, ive just applied for a nationwide band account and im getting a cash card (in the nxt five - ten days) but theres no mention what the card actually does. does anyone know if i can use this to buy things online like a solocard/visa electron?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeahyeahyeahs)
    hi, ive just applied for a nationwide band account and im getting a cash card (in the nxt five - ten days) but theres no mention what the card actually does. does anyone know if i can use this to buy things online like a solocard/visa electron?
    I believe the nationwide one is only for Nationwide cash machines...

ReputationRep:
    What is the account called?
    Most cards including my two Nationwide ones can be used at Link cash machines

ReputationRep:
    cashcard or debit/credit card?

ReputationRep:
    hi, ive just applied for a nationwide band account and im getting a CASH CARD (in the nxt five - ten days) but theres no mention what the card actually does. does anyone know if i can use this to buy things online like a solocard/visa electron?
    as i said before...

cashcard.

ReputationRep:
    i have this: http://nationwide.co.uk/banking/unde...s-on-offer.htm

its called a flexAccount

ReputationRep:
    You can use that to withdraw from link cashpoints, you cant use it online though, it's not a solo or visa electron.

xongratulaiitio0ns! your parent s must be veyr opdoud!

ReputationRep:
    you can only use it 2 withdraw money from any cash machine....a bummer i know as i have 1 although i have a visa electron card as well

ReputationRep:
    I had the same card when I first joined Nationwide. You can apply for the 'Visa' Flex Account after you've been with them for 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    I've got this. You CAN do online stuff with it however you have to apply for it. It's a pain in the backside though.

ReputationRep:
    when it arrives it comes with a short booklet that will explain all...

ReputationRep:
    As already said, only for withdrawing cash from ATM machines...not for actually buying stuff with....i have one.....its annoying.

ReputationRep:
    i have this: http://nationwide.co.uk/banking/unde...s-on-offer.htm

its called a flexAccount
    I have a flexAccount and they gave me a debit card which I buy things online with :confused:

*shrugs* Maybe thats for my other bank account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    I have a flexAccount and they gave me a debit card which I buy things online with :confused:

I have had a flex account for quite a while now.

Firstly they gave me a bronze coloured card which I could only use in Cash machines

Then they gave me a green coloured card with a hologram of Shakespear on with which I could guarentee cheques up to £50

Then they finally gave me a blue debit card with hologram of a bird on it, and the VISA logo.

All of these are attached to a FlexAccount, so what you get depends on how old you are, and what your credit rating is like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)

Same - the first card they gave me was a normal visa debit which can be used anywhere. Maybe it's cos I was over 18 when I got it?

ReputationRep:
    A cashcard will only allow you to withdraw cash from a cash machine.

You are allowed a Solo or Visa Electron before your 18. However, once your over 18 it is always best to switch to a full Visa - that way almost everywhere will take this (debit card).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.