Turn on thread page Beta

Okay, advice greatly appreciated. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So. I have another question, or more a plea for any advice at all.

I got into my insurance choice this year, although, I do not wish to go to it, and I plan to take a year out and reapply to a different course.

However, doing so would make me eligible for top-up fees, which I would rather avoid. Yet, I need to take this year out, I cannot simply go into clearing and hope to find a course for this year, as I can't go this year.

So, basically, wtf can I do, if anything, to avoid these nasty little fees? I was considering going to my insurance for like a week, and 'deciding' that I didn't like it, and leaving, then changing to a different course next year, is that even possible? :confused: :confused:

I really have no idea at all what to do. I might just have to bite the bullet and pay the fees.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're going to have to bite the bullet as you put it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wasn't really expecting any other options. Awell, at least I'm taking this year out and maybe I can get a bit of money towards it? Haha. Hiioo

Thanks btw

ReputationRep:
    No problemo
    Working for them is a good idea!
    And remember you don't pay them off until you're earning

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, do I not pay till I'm earning? How does that work? Would someone please fill me in as my mum is rather anxious to know..thanks

ReputationRep:
    As far as I understand it, you don't pay back top up fees until you are earning over £15k a year, and you don't pay them back in one go (iirc).

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.