The Student Room Group

Higher Art Expressive help

I don't know if anyone can help me but i'm trying to work out the composition for my final solution for expressive. I started painting it but my teacher would like me to add a background, it has to be handed in straight after the holidays so i won't see her to ask her before it has to be done.

Would the attached photo work as a painting? (I have photoshopped some of my started painting into a photo) I'm a bit worried the background will take away from the painting.
Reply 1
I think the background would take your attention away from the painting, the bottle especially since the green would perhaps disapear with the green grass. Have you painted houses before or used it in the folio?

I like how expressive your style is and how you see/use the colours. :yep:
Reply 2
There was a girl in my Higher last year who painted a still life scene similar to this. For her background she painted a room. It was simple and it worked really well. I think she got an A, so it doesnt need to be something massive, and painting the house in the background will only work if you've used the idea somewhere in your folio.

Personally, I think it would look really good with the house in the background. Its just a question of tying it in with the theme of your folio overall. :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies :smile: , the theme is supposed to be a picnic, hence it's outside, I might look for some other photos before I make my mind up as I am not sure about the green (of the grass and bottle). There will be a cloth underneath which might make it work better.

Latest

Trending

Trending