The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We wont find out until tuesday or wednesday apparently :frown:
Reply 2
Good luck guys
Best of luck. :smile:
Reply 4
Someone tell me - does all Cambridge applicant with an offer go into the summer pool if they missed their offer?

Really wanna know this, can someone tell me?
irisng
Someone tell me - does all Cambridge applicant with an offer go into the summer pool if they missed their offer?

Really wanna know this, can someone tell me?

apparently not... that's what downing told me
only the narrow misses go in.

good luck, guys :smile:
Reply 7
At first looks I'm not a narrow miss, but actually I am - less than 2% miss in chemistry, a miss in STEP but I wasn't prepared in school and it was about 10-15 marks from the offer... and I got an A in AS Further which I wasn't taught... so I'm fairly happy with myself but disappointed as well. Also I loved Peterhouse when I interviewed there...

Oh well, I've been told that I'm in for a fair chance (I'd say 50:50 again) and that you're only put in the pool if you have a real chance of being accepted.

One thing though: I felt really silly with failing my Cam offer next to my friends who were rejected from Oxbridge who got AAA. I know it's on interview and everything else, but if I was them then I'd be SUPREMELY peed off.

Anyway - good luck to my fellow summerpoolians. x
Steveee
At first looks I'm not a narrow miss, but actually I am - less than 2% miss in chemistry, a miss in STEP but I wasn't prepared in school and it was about 10-15 marks from the offer... and I got an A in AS Further which I wasn't taught... so I'm fairly happy with myself but disappointed as well. Also I loved Peterhouse when I interviewed there...

Oh well, I've been told that I'm in for a fair chance (I'd say 50:50 again) and that you're only put in the pool if you have a real chance of being accepted.

One thing though: I felt really silly with failing my Cam offer next to my friends who were rejected from Oxbridge who got AAA. I know it's on interview and everything else, but if I was them then I'd be SUPREMELY peed off.

lol it seems to be jsut the 2 of us for now :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Awwwww that's SUCH a horrible position to be in. January pools are bad enough but if you already have an offer, the wait must be excruciating.

Hey you never know Steveee, you might be picked up by Trinity or something and that's so much better. :biggrin: It has me in it. :evil:

Good luck everyone!!!!

Edit: Just noticed there's only two of you.

Pika, you've been waiting around for ages and you've been the life of the Cam forum. Really hope it works out.
Adhsur

Pika, you've been waiting around for ages and you've been the life of the Cam forum. Really hope it works out.

Awww thx :smile:
Steveee

Surely if somebody for Liverpool is called a Liverpudlian then someone from the summer pool must be a Summerpudlian... Think about it!
good luck to those in the pool, you will be rescued :biggrin:
It'll be fine, I hope. If I was Cambridge, I'd fish you out. Even you, Steveee, despite your Toryness :biggrin:
French Pikachu
lol it seems to be jsut the 2 of us for now :rolleyes:

no actually u've got me too

Not pooled but ...waiting(meaning I'm not out of girton yet)... Ah well if it was up to me I would go for the rejection.

Can u guys tell me(us) if our insurence offers are endangered from the delay of cambridge's summer pool? (Given that we got the grades for our second choice)
Michael Mourao
no actually u've got me too

Not pooled but ...waiting(meaning I'm not out of girton yet)... Ah well if it was up to me I would go for the rejection.

Can u guys tell me(us) if our insurence offers are endangered from the delay of cambridge's summer pool? (Given that we got the grades for our second choice)

Don't be defeatist Michael! Oh, and if you're really worried, I think ringing your insurance to explain can't harm :smile:
xx_ambellina_xx
Don't be defeatist Michael! Oh, and if you're really worried, I think ringing your insurance to explain can't harm :smile:

well I rang everyone today but no-one could help me:

British council would not give me step results
Ucas remained unchanged
Girton Admissions cannot give me grades or tell me if i passed or not
My DoS is on holiday

Does anyone happen know god's phone? Maybe he's the one I should turn to for help right now since I'm kind of running out of ppl, and internet services.
We have until August 31st to accept/reject our insurance so as long as Cam answers beofre then there is no danger... the only thing is we might finish of with crappy accomodation in our insurance unis...
Michael Mourao

Ucas remained unchanged
My DoS is on holiday

Does anyone happen know god's phone? Maybe he's the one I should turn to for help right now since I'm kind of running out of ppl, and internet services.

Oh ok then there is 3 of us :frown:
Michael Mourao

Ucas remained unchanged
My DoS is on holiday

So, literally, you're waiting for track? Are you not going to get a letter at all?

Latest

Trending

Trending