Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whoop 4 freshers week - Definately go 2 the RVC!!!!!

(btw - I havn't met ANYONE who is on tsr yet!!!??? Where are you all??? I think the problem lies with me doing vetsci!!.....)

ReputationRep:
    do u live at mary branker?? ive not met many people from there which will have something 2 do with it. im in the same tutor group as northern lass tho!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hull chic)
    do u live at mary branker?? ive not met many people from there which will have something 2 do with it. im in the same tutor group as northern lass tho!!!
    no im not at MB - I've got a house in camden with other vet freshers because we live too close to London!! I guess thats the reason really!! You must be in college grove then!! (lucky u!!)Thats really weird how ur in the same tutor group!"!

Oh well - back to reading about dissection (oh the joy!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    which modules are you vetties doing then?
    Do you get to pick?
    We have Anatomy, Physiology, Biomolecular Sciences and Animal Husbandry for first two years.
    Anatomy sounds cool, we get a dog per group of three students
    Hows every1 else finding their lectures so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    which modules are you vetties doing then?

arwen - our biovets [which is just like your vetsci] have some lectures with the vet vets. Do you not have that system?

Are you going to try to transfer after a year? I'd start badgering the tutors if I were you.

xx
    Its amazing at rvc how seperate the vetmeds and vetscis are - we have no contact - the vetmeds are the **** - we are the failures!!! (which is true in my case!!) Its sooooo horrible!!!! At least I have some housemates who are nice vetmeds though!!!

Most of us (66 ppl) want to transfer after the 2nd year - there may be a chance after the 1st year - but with MASSIVE competitoon!!! But I'll still stick at it and go in as a graduate if all else fails!!! I just won't touch a live animal for a couple of years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The KOL)
    Hello rvc people. I'm in Mary Brancker! Silkymouse1 is my flat mate;shes cool :cool:.Freshers was brilliant, although I've caught a stinkin cold from passing drinks mouth2mouth on the pub crawl! Oh well.

I'm doing vet gateway by the way. More evolution lectures here we come!
    Woo Kol- my very cool flatmate!!! Well, mouth to mouth passings of shots was interesting anyway!!!

Not much else to say now!....

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys have initiation??

ours was fab but also quite horrific!! but i had my bezzy mate in the whole wide world to stir things up with me....

less than 3........HAPPY BIRTHDAY....LOVE YA BABE XXXX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hull chic)
    woo! think we're lucky with our tutor group hull chic! still not read the proteins notes, but iv finally got freshers flu so i can be let off until later!

mary branker people tend to stop in the common room on breaks and at lunch, because its so far away for them to get home, whereas we can just pop back to the flat for a cup of tea and a sleep! but iv still met a few people from there through friends and our tutor group, so its not like we're all separated according to where we live!

we have a vet sci in our flat, and he just joins in with us, hes part of the group of vet meds that we seem to have got, and he goes out with us and stuff like that. iv met one vet sci so far that doesnt want to transfer, but thats it, everyone else seems to want to swap.

going to kickboxing tonight, sooo many clubs u can join! has anyone else seemed to have not been homesick because of all the stuff we've had to do! im lovin it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northern_lass)
    mary branker people tend to stop in the common room on breaks and at lunch, because its so far away for them to get home, whereas we can just pop back to the flat for a cup of tea and a sleep!
    I have to totally agree with you - its sooooooo nice to go home and not not hang around randomly!! Is college dgrove the one at the end of the college - next to the animal hospital?

But I guess its different that ur in halls - Its soo bloody unfair not being in halls!!! Everyone seems to stick to their flatmates so you literally have to pry them apart to make friends!!

But I know what you mean about being so busy - Its been so easy not to be homesick which is wicked!!

ReputationRep:
    probably the wrong place to put this but, how far away do you have to live to get a place in halls?

ReputationRep:
    it depends usually quite a bit outside london but this year quite a few people dropped out of college grove so the places were offered to people who lived nearer but on the whole you need to live outside of the london area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mawi99102)
    probably the wrong place to put this but, how far away do you have to live to get a place in halls?

I think the rough area is outside the M25!! I live right on the edge - in Surrey (croydon) and when I kept ringing up they said I was very borderline. In my house there are ppl who live about 1-2 hours away. But basically if you live close (in M25 you are not going to get accomodation!! - which sucks - but as hull chic says - (this will be in a year!!) keep ringing up after results and maybe u'll get offered a place - but be very insistant and annoying - it obviously works!!

ReputationRep:
    I know a girl who's in college grove, and she actually comes from the borough of camden!Taking the biscuit me thinks! :mad: :mad:
    i know someone who lives about 30 mins away and managed to get in college grove when she rang up, prob same person, but i think it really is luck of the draw!

ReputationRep:
    i know someone who lives about 30 mins away and managed to get in college grove when she rang up, prob same person, but i think it really is luck of the draw!

That is sooooo unfair!!!!!! omg - I was ringing accomodation like twice EVERYDAY!! (slightly annoying...)damn them.... Its soo annoying -I wanna be in halls!!!! waaaaaahhhh!!!

ReputationRep:
    theres a girl in my dl group whos in a private house, it has a sauna!

ReputationRep:
    theres a girl in my dl group whos in a private house, it has a sauna!

Well I do have a swmming pool in my garden...as you do living in central london as a student.... - A sauna thats so random!!! good for her i guess!!! :rolleyes: (How jealous am I!!!)

So next year - does evry1 at college grove/mary b have to find private accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    yep i think every1 has 2 move out into private accomodation 2 make way 4 the first years.

ReputationRep:
    ok i technichally live in essex, but its like 100m from being in london, and i live near a tube station. So i probably wont get into halls. well if i dont get a place then i probably wont go!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mawi99102)
    ok i technichally live in essex, but its like 100m from being in london, and i live near a tube station. So i probably wont get into halls. well if i dont get a place then i probably wont go!!!
    A girl in my house lives in essex (bprderline!!) so basically u probs wont get halls - but that doesn't mean you cant try!!! Or you can get a house (like me!!) I'm with 6 other rvc freshers - there are always going to be other homeless vets!!! Although it is a bit isolated so i recommend getting into halls!!!

ReputationRep:
    I know a girl who's in college grove, and she actually comes from the borough of camden!Taking the biscuit me thinks! :mad: :mad:
    Thought I would say 'hi' since you told me you joined. :angel:
    See you monday x (Lois)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2005

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.