Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessa)
    wahoo got my welcome pack today......are u guys buying all that stuff boiler suits and so on from them and sending in the fresher money and membership stuff...oh and also the green form..ther opening ceremony..whats that all about..is anyone going ..and too which bit...and y....oh my gosh brain overload..wasn't prepared for all this....lol
    hehe, im the same! iv sorted all my forms, just got to post em! where do you send the green ceremony for thing (iv put hte last 2 boxes) and the shop stuff(iv orderd pretty much everything, just dont know where to send the form!) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northern_lass)
    hehe, im the same! iv sorted all my forms, just got to post em! where do you send the green ceremony for thing (iv put hte last 2 boxes) and the shop stuff(iv orderd pretty much everything, just dont know where to send the form!) :rolleyes:
    I was wondering that too...so the shop stuff all goes off to that address they give in the pack right..(like near the back) the green form i think they said hand in at enrolment.....in the welcome book thingy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessa)
    I was wondering that too...so the shop stuff all goes off to that address they give in the pack right..(like near the back) the green form i think they said hand in at enrolment.....in the welcome book thingy
    what adress for the shop thing? i can only find the one for the sus president :confused:

and when do we find out our flat numbers?

ReputationRep:
    I figured the ceremony sounded boring, so I didn't think I'd go- but if everyone else is, maybe I'll revise my opinion!
    I'm not sure whether to buy a freshers week ticket because when my friends all went to uni last year (diff unis), they bought them then didn't like all the events so all wished they'd have just bought tickets at the door for the events they actually wanted to go to. Hmm :s
    I wish they'd tell us our flat numbers soon though- who in here is going to be at Mary Brackner house?

L

ReputationRep:
    Do we buy dissection stuff now???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silkymouse1)
    I figured the ceremony sounded boring, so I didn't think I'd go- but if everyone else is, maybe I'll revise my opinion!
    I'm not sure whether to buy a freshers week ticket because when my friends all went to uni last year (diff unis), they bought them then didn't like all the events so all wished they'd have just bought tickets at the door for the events they actually wanted to go to. Hmm :s
    I wish they'd tell us our flat numbers soon though- who in here is going to be at Mary Brackner house?

L
    Im not sure that im gonna pay for the freshers stuff...im wiv u on that 1....i probs wont wanna do all of it, and i dont wanna get bored goin round stuff that i dont wanna do.....or it will be a complete waste of muny!
    Im not going to that ceremony thingy...it sounds more like a 5th year thingy?! I duno...ill probs end up going?! Whos having handling training for which animals? Im gonna have training in all of the animals except horses (coz ive been around them all my life!!!)

I may email UNITE bout the accomodation coz i dont want it to be left till the last minute.........i need to know whats going on a bit in advance so i can get my life and finances sorted!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessa)
    hey

i know it says im going to liverpool but RVC rang today and said i have a place on vet med i think...even though i just missed the grades.....i haven't sorted out accommodation cause i live to close but woooh im sooo happy to be going there now...they took ages to decide for me.....see you all there
    Hey wot grades did u get in ur a-levels then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlikechocol)
    Im not sure that im gonna pay for the freshers stuff...im wiv u on that 1....i probs wont wanna do all of it, and i dont wanna get bored goin round stuff that i dont wanna do.....or it will be a complete waste of muny!
    Im not going to that ceremony thingy...it sounds more like a 5th year thingy?! I duno...ill probs end up going?! Whos having handling training for which animals? Im gonna have training in all of the animals except horses (coz ive been around them all my life!!!)

I may email UNITE bout the accomodation coz i dont want it to be left till the last minute.........i need to know whats going on a bit in advance so i can get my life and finances sorted!
    xxx
    yeah, I've been thinking about emailing them too. Let me know what they say
    I just hope that there will be tickets left for the freshers stuff that I do want to do- hmm, I suppose if I do get caught out I'll have my own little party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northern_lass)
    what adress for the shop thing? i can only find the one for the sus president :confused:

and when do we find out our flat numbers?
    the address should be on the order form i think thats were i found it. your flat number should be at the top of your tenancy agreement for college grove.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I've been thinking about emailing them too. Let me know what they say
    I just hope that there will be tickets left for the freshers stuff that I do want to do- hmm, I suppose if I do get caught out I'll have my own little party
    If you have ure own little party..ill come!! he he he!!! My m8 phoned them up and they said that they are sending all the accomodation information within the next 2 weeks. she also sed that she had a bit of a chat with them and the facilities there sound pretty extensive (so they should be for the amount we are paying!!!)
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hull chic)
    the address should be on the order form i think thats were i found it. your flat number should be at the top of your tenancy agreement for college grove.
    i cant find it on the order form, or anywhere in the welcome pack. what address did you send it to? was it to the actual college itself? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you have ure own little party..ill come!! he he he!!! My m8 phoned them up and they said that they are sending all the accomodation information within the next 2 weeks. she also sed that she had a bit of a chat with them and the facilities there sound pretty extensive (so they should be for the amount we are paying!!!)
    xxx
    Yey! I'll make it an especially good little party then!
    Wow, they're leaving it late if they send out accommodation details in 2 weeks! I'm glad the facilities are good though, and yes- especially at that price! Thanks for letting me know! I went on the unite website but couldn't see anything about it. Do you know how many people are in each flat? I can't remember if I've read it anywhere

L

ReputationRep:
    Hi Arwen,
    I sent you an email about looking for accommodation in London. Just in case you don't get it I thought I'd post a message on here. I've formed a house hunting group with two other new RVC students and we're meeting up in London tomorrow to try and sort something out. If you're interested in joining us let me know and I'll give you the details. I've emailed you my mobile number.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Arwen,
    Sorry-I've just seen your thread to say that you already have accommodation-lucky you!!
    If anyone else is interested in joining us though,let me know!!!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lea_21)
    Arwen,
    Sorry-I've just seen your thread to say that you already have accommodation-lucky you!!
    If anyone else is interested in joining us though,let me know!!!
    xxx

Hey god luck - I emailed you but I've justre alised - have you got the contact list???

ReputationRep:
    Yey! I'll make it an especially good little party then!
    Wow, they're leaving it late if they send out accommodation details in 2 weeks! I'm glad the facilities are good though, and yes- especially at that price! Thanks for letting me know! I went on the unite website but couldn't see anything about it. Do you know how many people are in each flat? I can't remember if I've read it anywhere

L
    I think that its 6 to a flat, which is pretty good! At least it will only be 6 ppl sharing a kitchen...it shouldnt get to messy! Im imagining our halls to look like the ones in Hollyoaks! lol! I have no other reference for what halls look like!

I cant wait to move in! Wouldnt it be funny if some of us end up in the same flat!he he he! Its really annoying thatour halls are the only halls that seem not to be on the Unite website.....they have loads of others except ours.....perhaps they dont exist...aaaaaaaargh....perhaps we will be living in a cardboard box!!

Just let me no time and pace of your party and ill be there!!!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    northern lass.....i haven't sent it yet so im probably talking absolute rubbish...but on the bottom of the order form for the shop it says send it to "stuart" with the other SUS stuff...so yeah im guessing u send it to the sus president then......

as for accommodation im looking at a student block in finchley....does that seem a bit far out......ahhh i dunno....its on the northern line so u can get the tube to camden town and theres a night bus from camden town to there too......but i dunno :confused:

ReputationRep:
    quick question bout teh SU shop.........do we get all the stuff weve ordered before we go or do we collect it when we go, coz it says that we have to haave overalls for the 1st tuesday were there and im ordering mine from the shop, so i will need them to arive?! Also......longsleeved or shortsleeved overalls??

Ive gone for long, but im not sure if i should change to short??
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    quick question bout teh SU shop.........do we get all the stuff weve ordered before we go or do we collect it when we go, coz it says that we have to haave overalls for the 1st tuesday were there and im ordering mine from the shop, so i will need them to arive?! Also......longsleeved or shortsleeved overalls??

Ive gone for long, but im not sure if i should change to short??
    xxx
    ive read somewhere that the people from the shop will be there on the first day for us to collect our stuff. ive gone for both long sleeved and short sleeved as i wasnt sure which one would be best and i thought that i would probably want short sleeves in summer and long in winter.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

after an hour of trying to get this thing to work here goes with a reply

stubbled across this discussion forum while trying to get hold of the first year timetable on college website

just thought i'd clear up a few points

All orders for shop stuff go to Stuart Patterson the SU president
    We currently cant use the shop as its full of stuff for you freshers

we will be bringing it all to camden probably on registration day.

get there early however as the queue for actual registration is normally huge . you normally also get a bag full of random sponsored stuff which you need to pick up before all of us on the SU eat the mars bars that are normally hidden within it

Short sleaved or long sleavedboiler suits ? well a long sleaved can always become short sleaved. Short sleaved is however better for lambing calving rectal practicals etc etc as you can guess where half your arm will be....

Freshers tickets- wether to buy them before hand or not .. trust me freshers is the best 2 weeks of the year by far (apart form AVS) not just for the first year but the whole college, as such most of the events are well attended by people from all years

for example beer drinking last year had 800 people present what other freshers week has 3/4 of the university turn up also things such as the Boat party tickets are extremely sort after so having some to sell if you wish not to go isnt abad thing, most of the nights that tend to be quieter are alot cheaper so by only attending the big events of which there are many then you end up paying more or less the same and you have to compete with all five years to obtain tickets.

Now have to get back to some work enjoy first year as much as you can once you start spending your hols doing ems you have very little time for enjoyment

see you in the goose

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2005

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.