The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Skirts and skates seems like a dangerous combination. I can't wait for the dressing up! I will definitely be making the effort. Watching 'That 70's Show' for inspiration.
Reply 161
lol....yeah i thought that after i wrote that....,maybe not a skirt...but i dunno...what else i would wear...oh man...who invented fancy dress parties
tessa
lol....yeah i thought that after i wrote that....,maybe not a skirt...but i dunno...what else i would wear...oh man...who invented fancy dress parties

Yeah!! Im also thinking skirt and skates could be quite dangerous!! Can anyone actually skate here cos i haven't been since i was about 10!!
Reply 163
gd point i was just kinda assuming it would b easy....oh man
At least im not gonna be the only one falling over!
yeah, im gonna b on my arse for most of this fancy dress party!
Reply 166
lol same if i even get there....this outfit thing is the first hurdle
tessa
lol same if i even get there....this outfit thing is the first hurdle

woohoo...just found some flares...its a start!!!now for the top half!
xxx
while everyone is on the subject of clothes, i may sound stupid but for the riverboat thing are we supposed to wear fancy long dresses since it said black tie? :smile:
cocktail dresses - npt ball dresses should be ok
Vet Student
cocktail dresses - npt ball dresses should be ok

hmmm...i dont have either......this freshers week is gonna end up very expensive-ill have a whole new wardtrobe by the end of it!!!! :smile:
Reply 171
ahhh still totally stuck on 60s thing...but think i am ok for the other one..the dress i wore to my ball at my school is smart...its like a black halterneck...long with sequins on...and i have a really nice pair of strappy heels......so that should be ok...but ^)s clothes still = none...and they r more likely to be stuff that i will buy and never wear again..which i hate doing....

btw....whats npt supposed to mean..i think im being dumb....and i am really bad at dress styles..i wouldn't really have much of a clue what a coctail dress or ball dress was or the difference betweent the two...oh dear..oh well at least i don't have to worry about it!!!...lol
I think I'm the opposite to all of you. All my trousers are big flares so I'm ok for the 60's thing, but am a bit stuck for smart dress!

L
Reply 173
im fine on the smart dress side of things but am really struggling on the fancy dress side of things as im reluctant to buy something ill never wear again and i wouldnt even know where to start looking!!
hull chic
im fine on the smart dress side of things but am really struggling on the fancy dress side of things as im reluctant to buy something ill never wear again and i wouldnt even know where to start looking!!

ive got my ball dress, bt its a bit OTT for the river boat thingy, im just going to have to improvise with that one!
xx
Reply 175
sweetlikechocol
ive got my ball dress, bt its a bit OTT for the river boat thingy, im just going to have to improvise with that one!
xx

im sure it will be fine...probably other people will be doing the same...most people don't have the money to do otherwise...we are students now...lol
Reply 177
nooooo thats really nice...... hummm i guess u'll just have to see what every one else is gonna wear.....
that dress is gorgeous! i think im just goin to wear my leavers ball one, its just plain and black. still no idea what to wear for the 60s thing! need to buy flares, coz im sure ill find sum use for them!
Reply 179
:mad: oh man....even if i have to buy the 60s costume...i have no idea where to buy it from....oh dear......im soo never gonna get something together in time.....grrrr...i really hate fancy dress :frown:

Latest