Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Lenton! First thoughts when I found out were "Oh, I've never really heard much about this hall", lol. Now I'm happy as it looks and sound really cool! I've got a single study, which is what I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    right, so who i am sharing a bathroom with then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not me! Wonder which 5-8 people I'm sharing a bathroom with lol

ReputationRep:
    Is it only one bathroom for 5-8 ppl? Has anyone seen the accomodation? I have a private shared bathroom-how does that work? Are two rooms connected to one bathroom (so the bathroom has 2 doors) or is the bathroom somewhere else?

ReputationRep:
    Quick question. On my Accomodation letter it states that I have "We are pleased to offer you Private Shared Bathroom accomodation within Lenton and Wortley Hall" but it doesn't make any reference to whether it is catered or not. Does anyones state whether they are catered for or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spikerocker)
    Quick question. On my Accomodation letter it states that I have "We are pleased to offer you Private Shared Bathroom accomodation within Lenton and Wortley Hall" but it doesn't make any reference to whether it is catered or not. Does anyones state whether they are catered for or not?
    :confused: The halls on uni park are ALWAYS catered. So they probably figure they don't need to state it.

ReputationRep:
    Id hate to live in a catered hall, i love to cook! You lazy people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twistedheaven)
    Id hate to live in a catered hall, i love to cook! You lazy people
    I heard the social life in self-catered halls is rather slow. So cooking will be one of the few things you'll do for entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    lol that's harsh.

I'm not lazy, i would quite happily cook for myself, i just wanted to be on campus. And my parents thought it would be easier for my budgeting skills if food was paid for in advance, that way if i screw up and have no money, i can still eat. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    I heard the social life in self-catered halls is rather slow. So cooking will be one of the few things you'll do for entertainment.
    Hardly, ive been to uni before, self catering is fine. Cooking isnt exactly entertaining but still, id cook my own food, at least then i know what im eating and can have what i want, when i want and how i want it

Not trying to offend anyone in catered halls, you'll fend for yourself in the second year anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twistedheaven)
    Hardly, ive been to uni before, self catering is fine. Cooking isnt exactly entertaining but still, id cook my own food, at least then i know what im eating and can have what i want, when i want and how i want it

Not trying to offend anyone in catered halls, you'll fend for yourself in the second year anyway
    Fair enough, I wasn't trying to offend you either.
    I am already hatching plans for staying in halls in my second year. Vlads, as a species, aren't very good at cooking and paying bills.

ReputationRep:
    become jcr president, that'll do it. xx

ReputationRep:
    No one has replied to my previous question *sniff sniff* So I'll ask another one! Are the bathrooms all single sex, including the private shared ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieliz)
    No one has replied to my previous question *sniff sniff* So I'll ask another one! Are the bathrooms all single sex, including the private shared ones?
    I believe so, yes. Such a shame, men tend to be less hygienic in their use of bathrooms.

ReputationRep:
    I hope they are single sex for that very reason

My friend was telling me that at St Andrews, they're all mixed.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of uni shared bathrooms are mixed, although i dont know about Nottingham specifically..........you should i guess prepare you self for the fact ul be wit boys too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieliz)
    Is it only one bathroom for 5-8 ppl? Has anyone seen the accomodation? I have a private shared bathroom-how does that work? Are two rooms connected to one bathroom (so the bathroom has 2 doors) or is the bathroom somewhere else?
    Yeah, private shared bathroom is two rooms with a bathroom between them, don't know if they're mixed but the normal ones definitly are. But we only shared them between 6 people anyway, some people only shared between 3 or 4.

ReputationRep:
    eurgh boy toilet smells....

immature? me? Never!!!

ReputationRep:
    TheVlad, I am planning on staying in halls for all years (ie 5 whole years).. I cant be bothered with cooking, cleaning and bills and on top of that doing exams. We probably would be returners to HuStu next year and I wouldnt mind running for president although I heard it involves running around the courtyard - naked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~euarne~)
    TheVlad, I am planning on staying in halls for all years (ie 5 whole years).. I cant be bothered with cooking, cleaning and bills and on top of that doing exams. We probably would be returners to HuStu next year and I wouldnt mind running for president although I heard it involves running around the courtyard - naked.
    To be honest, I really wouldn't want to be in halls when you have important exams if you can help it. They're pretty bad environments for work at the best of times, but when you have a 9am exams and there are still people talking outside your window or in the kitchen at 4 in the morning you'll just about be ready to commit murder! :mad:

Plus, they might not let you stay in halls for 5 years!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.