The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Go to the USA and become a sell out to the modern day Hitler.
Reply 2
i dont think its possible to do that...its true that for the 1st 2 years US unis dont do much....but they do classes which they called electives......i.e. they might have to do 5 courses in science in the first 2 years.....8 courses in math....etc.......if i were u i would either take a gap year...or try to apply next sememester as the deadline for applications are tommmorow for most universitiies and u need to do essays and SAT2s for the more competitive ones.....if u go to the US...u will get round about a year off if u have decnet A level grades in subjects like maths physcs chem, etc.
Reply 3
You can!! I was going to apply to Yale and had filled out all the forms and did all the research and phoned them..but decided not to at the last minute. You can go directly into the second year if you have high grades and they agree. Due to the fact their first year is very broad, and academically is not as high in standard as our A2 level!
Reply 4
aliel
You can!! I was going to apply to Yale and had filled out all the forms and did all the research and phoned them..but decided not to at the last minute. You can go directly into the second year if you have high grades and they agree. Due to the fact their first year is very broad, and academically is not as high in standard as our A2 level!

Then when do they actually start to teach their chosen course ???

I am doing maths, Further maths, Physics in A level . hoping to go to
LSE for management Science or Maths and Finance in Imperial.

What Uni in US has got an excellent business, Finance, management degree.

OR SHALL I JUST STICK TO LSE or IMPERIAL?

I mean degree from US is highly regarded in UK isnt it ???
Reply 5
illumintai

top business schools ....are University of pennsylvania (whorton)....MIT (sloan).....than come others like NYU.....michigan....this is for undergrad....
Reply 6
illumintai

UK is better if u want to do a Undergraduate Degree...However If u want to Do a postgraduate degree go to U.S. coz they r much better at research than any other country...due to the fact that they charge up to $40k per yr.
If u wanna go into business , finance etc...most us unis are good
Harvard,stanford,MIT,Yale,Columbia and princeton are all v.good and have a v.good reputation.

Latest

Trending

Trending