Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been pooled for law at Magdalene. Just wondering if anyone else has been pooled, and if they know any more about the process than the blue sheet said.

More waiting, but I'll strive to enjoy new year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paymaster)
    I've been pooled for law at Magdalene. Just wondering if anyone else has been pooled, and if they know any more about the process than the blue sheet said.

Hey congratulations I know it's not the result you wanted but there's still a glimmer of hope. Keep having faith. My fate hasn't been decided yet. But yeh, you're the first law student I've heard from so far.

ReputationRep:
    It's the result I expected - and I'm quite happy with it actually. I'd like another crack at interviews, and I'm pleased they are even giving me a second look

ReputationRep:

I've been pooled for Veterinary Medicine at Magdalene! So, just a question, cos I don't really understand, has Magd outright rejected you, or are they still considering your application, as is mine? I'm presuming that's standard for the pool!? What date were your interviews? Maybe I saw you!

ReputationRep:

Hey, if you were pooled that means you're definitely the right standard for Cambridge. Good for you Best of luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    It's the result I expected - and I'm quite happy with it actually. I'd like another crack at interviews, and I'm pleased they are even giving me a second look
    Yay so just keep hoping and thinking positive. When do the pool results come out though? January?

ReputationRep:
    I was there the 9th-10th Dec. I really enjoyed Magd - its got a nice, homely atmosphere. They said they were still considering me, so here's hoping!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Yay so just keep hoping and thinking positive. When do the pool results come out though? January?
    I may have to go back up 8-10 Jan. But I should find out either way at the end of Jan.

ReputationRep:
    I was there the 9th-10th Dec. I really enjoyed Magd - its got a nice, homely atmosphere. They said they were still considering me, so here's hoping!
    Must have just missed you; I arrived on the evening of the 10th. I did speak to a few law applicants though.. Well fingers crossed for the outcome. We may both end up there yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyche)
    Must have just missed you; I arrived on the evening of the 10th. I did speak to a few law applicants though.. Well fingers crossed for the outcome. We may both end up there yet!
    It'd be nice, wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    It'd be nice, wouldn't it?
    Nice?! It'd be brilliant! Unbelievable, but brilliant. Can't say I hold out too much hope however. Don't you just hate all this waiting?! By looking at the dates on that blue sheet, at least it looks like the pool process gets going quite quickly!

ReputationRep:
    Nice?! It'd be brilliant! Unbelievable, but brilliant. Can't say I hold out too much hope however. Don't you just hate all this waiting?! By looking at the dates on that blue sheet, at least it looks like the pool process gets going quite quickly!
    The quicker the better! Just don't give up! I know people have been pretty gutted about getting pooled but I'd rather have that 2nd chance than getting rejected. Just keep hoping and hope they'll open their eyes and see how brill you are.

ReputationRep:
    Just gotta wait for a phone call...

I'm quite excited about the pool actually, coz i hated my subject interview last time, I'd like a chance to prove myself, if I get one.

ReputationRep:
    Just gotta wait for a phone call...

I'm quite excited about the pool actually, coz i hated my subject interview last time, I'd like a chance to prove myself, if I get one.
    YOU GO GET THEM! I'm excited for you too and I relaly hope you get in. *squeezes eyes tight*.. Just psyche yourself up and give it your best shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    The quicker the better! Just don't give up! I know people have been pretty gutted about getting pooled but I'd rather have that 2nd chance than getting rejected. Just keep hoping and hope they'll open their eyes and see how brill you are.
    Aww, thanks. I'm certainly not disappointed, I'm chuffed to have got as far as this! Never would have expected it in a million years. From what I remember, you're international? Urgh, the wait must be awful!! Best of luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, thanks. I'm certainly not disappointed, I'm chuffed to have got as far as this! Never would have expected it in a million years. From what I remember, you're international? Urgh, the wait must be awful!! Best of luck!!
    Yeppers! It's really terrible, especially since the postal service here is the pits. I had to phone Cambridge to get my interview dates in Sept coz' the post came a few days before the actual interview and it takes 2 days to fly there. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Right good luck every1!
    I'm off to try and explain to people who asked whether I've got in or not that I'm pooled and what that means....
    Should be....interesting
    Happy new year guys!

ReputationRep:
    My friend was pooled for law last year, she applied to Selwyn and then got another interview and offer from Churchill. They made her take a gap year as they had 20 interviews for 2 places and she was number 3.

nah you won't get into madg now i think, i never heard of someone going back into the college they were pooled from, but you've got a good chance of getting in somewhere else, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    nah you won't get into madg now i think, i never heard of someone going back into the college they were pooled from, but you've got a good chance of getting in somewhere else, good luck!
    Oooooh, thanks! Well, I will still remain optimistic, even if it is delusionary so!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.