Turn on thread page Beta

Definitely Maybe watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In small subjects the most common outcome is for a pooled person to be sent back to their original college, but I've got no idea what the situation is with Vet Sci. Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    In small subjects the most common outcome is for a pooled person to be sent back to their original college, but I've got no idea what the situation is with Vet Sci. Good luck anyway!
    But I thought the whole point of the pool is for people who the college would like to take but just don't have room for them? So why would the college then find space?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    But I thought the whole point of the pool is for people who the college would like to take but just don't have room for them? So why would the college then find space?
    Not sure, but it happens, I know of someone who applied for ASNC at St Catharine's last year, got pooled and then got offered a place there afterall. Maybe it happenes after the college has finished allocating all its places, including picking people out of the pool, and then they decide they have another space afterall. Tis a strange system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Not sure, but it happens, I know of someone who applied for ASNC at St Catharine's last year, got pooled and then got offered a place there afterall. Maybe it happenes after the college has finished allocating all its places, including picking people out of the pool, and then they decide they have another space afterall. Tis a strange system

I always forget I really shouldn't try and understand the Oxbridge system! There really is little point in trying to second guess them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Interesting! But so confusing! Vet Med intake is about 65, I think. Is that considered small?! Perhaps I should just give up trying to understand anything and go back to blissful ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    My friend was pooled for law last year, she applied to Selwyn and then got another interview and offer from Churchill. They made her take a gap year as they had 20 interviews for 2 places and she was number 3.

I know someone who also applied for Law (at Corpus Christi 2002 entry), they got pooled to Pembroke and got a deferred entry offer too, cos they were actively seeking law students , so he started this october and he loves it.

ReputationRep:
    It could be cos they save a couple of places in case there's anyone better in the pool, then find that you were better after all, but that could just be me being cynical!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paymaster)
    I've been pooled for law at Magdalene. Just wondering if anyone else has been pooled, and if they know any more about the process than the blue sheet said.

More waiting, but I'll strive to enjoy new year!
    Hey

I applied for Law at Magdalene as well…I even got the same reply as you I think….that I’ve been pooled but Magdalene are still considering my application………that sounds like a bit of a contradiction if you ask me…

Anyway, best of luck….

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.